Super SD System 3

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Mobiusstriptech

Re: Super SD System 3

Post by Mobiusstriptech »

Yes. Bone stock aside from post cut, jailbar fix, and maybe recap. Otherwise you will need to decide whether to remove the internal amp, remove the SSDS3 circuit, or live with the video noise.
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

naz

Post by naz »

So... has anyone tried the new revision yet??
Mobiusstriptech

If you read back through the thread you will see that it has been tested by myself and FirebrandX. I even posted pictures of the new board. There are quite a few of these out in the wild and any new SSDS3 purchase is the new revision.

No Onions

Post by No Onions »

I put in my SSDS3 order at SAG today, looking forward to trying it out.

I was debating using it with my RGB modded Super grafx and disabling the ssds3 video but I think I'll just use it with one of my un-modded core grafx and leave the video working. I have an everdrive for when I want to play 1941 or Ghouls n Ghosts.
darknezz19

Post by darknezz19 »

Got my order in as well from SAG for the B board.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

I checked out the B board from SAG for a few minutes yesterday getting RGB out of a white PCE with an old 7314 amp installed, and at least on a BVM CRT I did not notice any interference from having an RGB amp combined with the SSDS3 as warned. Picture looked as clean as before.

I haven't tested the new board's RGB since I don't have a Gen 2 cable, but I'll update when I do. Got the CD audio using the regular RCA cables that SAG can bundle with it, and did not notice SD card access, though there is a constant hum, which could be due to poor shielding in those AV cables and/or the fact that I'm using a stereo amplifier hooked to floor speakers.
FBX

Post by FBX »

No Onions wrote:I put in my SSDS3 order at SAG today, looking forward to trying it out.

I was debating using it with my RGB modded Super grafx and disabling the ssds3 video but I think I'll just use it with one of my un-modded core grafx and leave the video working. I have an everdrive for when I want to play 1941 or Ghouls n Ghosts.
I unhooked the internal RGB mod in my Super Grafx and Rev B looked superb from the SSDS3's output:

Note that my Super Grafx does have Tim Worthington's cap fix installed, so no jail bars either.
PaTaito

Post by PaTaito »

Hi,

New to the forum but have followed this thread for some time. I just want to report that i have received the new revision B ssd3 today and, using the same RGB lead as i used on my previously modded earlier model board, i was horrified to discover loud audio buzz on the new revision.

The irony is i sold off my earlier revision with FU-RGB and Firebrand X audio mods to cover most of the expense to order this new one. I did it mainly for warranty purposes and to have it all incorporated "from the factory"...i mean i would have thought it would have been the very best implementation if its wired into the very board!?

My previous modded unit exhibited only very slight buzz at VERY loud volumes. The new one is very audible at modest volumes. Its even there on the splash screen asking you to "press start to run".

As i cant just buy a fix this time around i feel a little lost and any help would be greatly appreciated. Also looks as if the low pass filter is enabled by default on the 7374, but i may be wrong on that one.

Thanks guys.

p.s. i'm the guy from your youtube video comments section firebrand! I mention the same thing there. :)
FBX

Post by FBX »

PaTaito wrote:Hi,

New to the forum but have followed this thread for some time. I just want to report that i have received the new revision B ssd3 today and, using the same RGB lead as i used on my previously modded earlier model board, i was horrified to discover loud audio buzz on the new revision.

The irony is i sold off my earlier revision with FU-RGB and Firebrand X audio mods to cover most of the expense to order this new one. I did it mainly for warranty purposes and to have it all incorporated "from the factory"...i mean i would have thought it would have been the very best implementation if its wired into the very board!?

My previous modded unit exhibited only very slight buzz at VERY loud volumes. The new one is very audible at modest volumes. Its even there on the splash screen asking you to "press start to run".

As i cant just buy a fix this time around i feel a little lost and any help would be greatly appreciated. Also looks as if the low pass filter is enabled by default on the 7374, but i may be wrong on that one.

Thanks guys.

p.s. i'm the guy from your youtube video comments section firebrand! I mention the same thing there. :)
I saw this. It may be a thing where you need to send it back in for an exchange if it is under warranty. If the new one you get has the same loud buzzing, then we may need to look at the cables you are using. I've seen unshielded cables produce very blatant buzzing from the mini-DIN out port, because the video lines were coupling noise into the audio lines.
PaTaito

Post by PaTaito »

FBX wrote:
PaTaito wrote:Hi,

Thanks guys.

I saw this. It may be a thing where you need to send it back in for an exchange if it is under warranty. If the new one you get has the same loud buzzing, then we may need to look at the cables you are using. I've seen unshielded cables produce very blatant buzzing from the mini-DIN out port, because the video lines were coupling noise into the audio lines.
Well my retrogamingcables MD2 cable is arriving midweek so will update then...its more a hopeful punt though.
darknezz19

Post by darknezz19 »

Received my Rev. B SSDS3. Only had it hooked up through svideo so far so can't comment on video or audio quality till I get a good RGB cable. Comes with newest firmware with the cd audio channel fix though so thats' good.

Anyone have the .cue files for trurip ccd images?

My set is lacking all the .cue files. Would be a pity to have to rerip each game or re-download.

Someone posted all the cue files for trurip in this thread but the link is dead.

https://forums.terraonion.com/viewtopic ... 2&start=30

Anyone have that still?
thebigcheese

Post by thebigcheese »

Seconding FBX's comment. On my NES in particular, there is incredibly apparent (and annoying) buzz on the audio channels unless I use a fully shielded cable. With the fully shielded cable, the buzzing is completely eliminated. Cabling is very, very important for some systems. On other systems... I've noticed no difference. So YMMV.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Received an RGB cable by Retro Access and I'm quite pleased with the video quality. On the audio front there is something of a hum/buzz even with shielded cables, but this may be because the audio output (for both CD and non-CD audio) is quite loud, noticeably more than my PCE's and my IFU-30's. The intensity and pitch seems to vary depending on game/scene. I noticed it particularly on the title screen of Detana! Twin Bee (when there is no sound after pressing Run). BTW, is it still advisable to lower the CD volume below 100 in the SSDS3's menu settings when using this new revision, and if so what is the advised level?

I'm still finding that the presence of an RGB amp (THS7314) in the console does not lead to interference that I can notice on a BVM. Could it be that interference would only happen if the console has one of Voultar's board or a more recent RGB amp? Are there any games where such interference is particularly noticeable that I could test? For now I'm inclined to leave the RGB amp in there to have as a backup.
darknezz19

Post by darknezz19 »

Got my RGB cable and tested my Rev B SSDS3. My audio lines are shielded and I also notice the buzzing on my AV receiver, seems variable depending on SD access. Not a deal breaker but wish it didn't do this.

You Guys with the audio bypass mod experiencing this on an AV receiver with volume up to about 80 percent? My has Snes is crystal clear audio so I know it's not the receiver.
HDgaming42

Post by HDgaming42 »

fernan1234 wrote:Received an RGB cable by Retro Access and I'm quite pleased with the video quality. On the audio front there is something of a hum/buzz even with shielded cables, but this may be because the audio output (for both CD and non-CD audio) is quite loud, noticeably more than my PCE's and my IFU-30's.
darknezz19 wrote:Got my RGB cable and tested my Rev B SSDS3. My audio lines are shielded and I also notice the buzzing on my AV receiver, seems variable depending on SD access. Not a deal breaker but wish it didn't do this.
Just got my SSDS3 and use shielded cables. I have this variable buzz as well. I can't describe how crushed I am by this. FFS I thought with this much help and after this many revisions things like this would have been remedied. :cry:
darknezz19

Post by darknezz19 »

Firebrand if we apply you're SD buzz audio fix to R31 using a 10uf cap would it be safe to see if it helps on Rev B boards?
Mobiusstriptech

darknezz19 wrote:Firebrand if we apply you're SD buzz audio fix to R31 using a 10uf cap would it be safe to see if it helps on Rev B boards?
The buzz fix wasn't a "fix" as much as it was including an omitted component. It was a capacitor that should have been there already because it was part of the vref on the op amp. The audio circuit that exists on the device today is the same as what was on the boards FBX has been selling. It already has the necessary vref cap. So adding another won't help.

At this point any noise that is being heard is generated either by peoples individual setups, such as bad cables, power supplies, etc. Or it's the proximity EMI that can't be removed without a complete redesign of the entire board. Honestly, that's not going to happen. I would expect the device to cease production before that level of change ever happened. But I don't work for TO, so I am speculating based on the sheer cost of such an endeavor.

People with the add-on boards have also pointed out that audio buzz is still present. The new rev B boards technically produce slightly less buzz than the previous revision with the bypass. Again that likely won't be discernable to most people.

To the earlier comment regarding not seeing video noise when using an internal RGB mod. If anyone has an internal RGB mod and doesn't see any visual interference or color performance issues, then enjoy. In testing there was interference but as much testing as I did, I cannot test every single setup that is out there. In regards to whether the amp matters. Sure. It's a different circuit. The effects will potentially be different. My personal opinion would still be to just use the video from the SSDS3, but if you have a use case that warrants the internal mod, go for it.

fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Thanks Mobius for chiming in. I personally think I can live with the slight (at not too high volume levels) audio noise. It's probably inherent to the board if already multiple users have it in their different setups.

It's just too bad that there is still no best of all worlds solution for the PCE. You can get better sound and equally good video from a modded DUO or IFU, but then you have to deal with CDs and unreliable disc drives, and so on. Still glad this is around and that the board was revised.
HDgaming42

Post by HDgaming42 »

Mobiusstriptech wrote:At this point any noise that is being heard is generated either by peoples individual setups, such as bad cables, power supplies, etc.
Upon checking the power supply that came with my CoreGrafx I've learned they sent me a 10V power supply. Everything I'm reading says this is wrong, and should be 9V 850mA negative tip. Apparently the Genesis 1 power supply fits this description.

I've unplugged it upon learning of the voltage mis-match. I have a Genesis V1 power supply somewhere. Will that suffice, or should I buy a new one entirely? I know a recent thread (this one?) had a brief diversion into good quality power supplies. I could go that route as well...
Mobiusstriptech

HDgaming42 wrote:
Mobiusstriptech wrote:At this point any noise that is being heard is generated either by peoples individual setups, such as bad cables, power supplies, etc.
Upon checking the power supply that came with my CoreGrafx I've learned they sent me a 10V power supply. Everything I'm reading says this is wrong, and should be 9V 850mA negative tip. Apparently the Genesis 1 power supply fits this description.

I've unplugged it upon learning of the voltage mis-match. I have a Genesis V1 power supply somewhere. Will that suffice, or should I buy a new one entirely? I know a recent thread (this one?) had a brief diversion into good quality power supplies. I could go that route as well...
The difference of 9v to 10v won't matter on your CoreGrafx. Internally it still gets dropped to 5v by the 7805. Plus the CoreGrafx is fully capable of dissipating the extra heat from the 10v. Now all that being said, if the power supply is a cheap Chinese one, absolutely replace it. The Genesis model 1 PSU is perfect. If you want to use a more modern supply, I know FirebrandX has been talking up the Triad supplies which have exact sizing and requires no modifications to the plug. They aren't very expensive either. Under $20.

evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I can't read all this..lol

So, I was just wondering how this is turning out? I see in the posts above about some audio problems.
I didn't want to get this, but I think that one dude isn't gonna make a PC Engine Duo ODE. I think he just gave up. (anyone else working on one?)

So, I might look into this.

Is it good? What's the compatibility rate?
Is there any preferable system to get it for? I notice it's compatible with a few models of PC Engine. I'd like the little tiny white Japanese model, personally.
FBX

Post by FBX »

As Mobius said, the REV B uses my audio bypass on the board itself. I only heard the buzz faintly when I tested it, but the situation is exactly as he said: Proximity EMI is going to always cause some amount of buzzing. The very best noise reduction I was able to achieve was with the "Spaceship Edition" bypass board, and that's because I lifted all the pre-amp parts off the SSDS3 and put them on the bypass board itself, then I disconnected the left and right audio pins from the SSDS3 and wired them directly into the bypass board. Lastly, I sent the output lines directly to output jacks so they don't run back into the SSDS3. Doing all of this gave me virtually eliminated noise. I recall it went down to something like 0.007 out of 1.0 at zero dB recording level, which is actually lower than typical console noise floor.

On the CD audio volume, you shouldn't need to lower it at all. Some games are louder than others, but there's never going to be any clipping as far as my own testing went on it.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

FBX wrote: On the CD audio volume, you shouldn't need to lower it at all. Some games are louder than others, but there's never going to be any clipping as far as my own testing went on it.
Thanks for confirming this. With the rev. 2 people suggested to lower it to around 60 or 70, but that always made me worry that the two audio types would feel unbalanced. Great to know it's no longer necessary.

And evil_ash_xero, it's good, probably the solution that makes most sense overall. I hardly hear of compatibility issues so it's probably pretty high, we'll see as more people use it and play through more rare games. Any PCE model will be fine.
Personally I'll keep using my IFU, or I'd use a good Duo if I had one, to play games I already have. But it'll be great to use this when a disc is bad, or when I want to try out a game. It's also really useful to make unlimited save backups in combination with a Ten no Koe card!
darknezz19

Post by darknezz19 »

I think a few people would use that Space Ship Edition of the bypass if it get to OSH FireBrand:)
HDgaming42

Post by HDgaming42 »

Mobiusstriptech wrote:The difference of 9v to 10v won't matter on your CoreGrafx.
Thanks--I appreciate the confirmation.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Hello,

First off, sorry to everybody for registering just for this, but it seems Terraonion think that the people interested in the subject are all users of this board hence they don't mention it in their own official forum. They haven't explained the matter in their homepage either nor are even addressing the questions in their official channels, as I'm still waiting for a reply via e-mail after several days.

I've learnt about this new RGB/audio fix revision past week. After reading lots of forum posts in order to know if there are any kind of plans to compensate in any form early adopters (given that, not only are they acknowledging with this they did release a flawed device, but that we had their word that there wouldn't ever be a revision fixing these particular issues), to my surprise, it seems there isn't.

Worst of it all, they're trying to hide and forget the issue as soon as possible if even it implies ignoring their own forum or their customers' e-mails.

https://forums.terraonion.com/viewtopic ... 3740#p3739

I have a revision 2? unit with updated firmware since day 1. I also bought a non-cheap PC Engine, a Packapunch RGB cable for RGB TV usage, a recommended 128GB micro SD card and a Playstation controller adapter. Haven't played the USD300 device for more than 3 h since I can't bear the diagonal visual noise I get. No scan converter/digital signal usage here.

No means to soldering and not in the US so the external solution is not assumable in my case, sadly.

As far as I've learnt, they had many knowledgable people warning them soon enough, yet they didn't listened as if it all was some kind of conspiracy. They also made some changes to fix audio issues with later units which early adopters wouldn't be getting. I didn't complain. Tried to understand. But now they're silently releasing a revised device for the same price and... we must just accept it? How come this thread isn't full of people saying it's unjust and claiming for some kind of compensation? I mean, they could at the very least offer a non-profit purchase of the new PCB! The more the voices, the bigger the chance to get a refund or something, isn't it. They weren't just ignorant, they lied to their customers!

Neodev wrote:So we never took (the needed) attention to RGB output on SSDS3. To us, RGB output on SSDS3 was just another line on the features list of a device that was designed from day one as an ODE that would play 99,9% of the games. To us, playing all games was the key feature of Super SD System 3.
We did 2 big mistakes
You're then assuming you made "big" mistakes, can you please explain to me why your customers have to pay for them?

Están ustedes asumiendo entonces que cometieron errores "importantes", ¿puede explicarme si es tan amable por qué son sus clientes los que han de pagar por ello?

First one was to not think RGB had the importance that it has for "some of you", and i say "some of you", cause i still think you all are a small but noisy group of people (yes, you can blame me again for say what i think instead of what's politically correct)
So you made "important mistakes" which led to a flawed product at least in regards to the A/V output. You're saying that now, more than one year after the device is out and in your customers' homes. You're (silently) fixing the flaws with a new version for the same price so that your old customers have to pay TWICE if they want it fixed. And yet, you have the nerve to treat us with an insult!?

De modo que cometieron "errores importantes" que derivaron en un producto fallido al menos en lo concerniente a la salida A/V. Lo dicen ahora, después de más de un año de que el producto salió y esté en las casas de sus clientes. Han reparado (sin ningún aviso) los fallos con una nueva versión al mismo precio, de manera que sus antigos clientes han de pagar DOS VECES si quiere el arreglo. Y aún así, ¿¡tiene el descaro de dirigirse a nosotros con un insulto!?

But, would you guys would be able to wait 4 months without being fucking around everyday and putting more pressure day after day on us? i bet the answer is NO, cause you guys want the Amazon experience
What about asking your customers instead of treating them with such an unjustified arrogance as if they were part of a conspiracy? You know, if the answer is YES, we could count three mistakes now (and I'm sure it's a yes!)

¿Y qué me dice de preguntar la cuestión a sus clientes en lugar de tratarles con esa arrogancia injustificada como si formaran parte de no sé qué conspiración? Porque si la respuesta fuera SÍ, estaríamos ante el tercer error, ¿verdad? (¡y estoy seguro de que sería un sí!).

you guys saying me/us are shit, unfair with our customers, only looking for money and similar things : please clean your mouth before talking about us.
Yet another insult!

¡Y otro insulto más...!

we knew that no one would be happy : The ones with the old board would be pissed, the ones without it would be pissed, everyone would be pissed cause one only has to read this thread to see people only wants to not be happy at all, just trash talk about us, speculating but not hearing what we have to say.
I personally could tell you that I myself have been quite unsatisfied since they one with your device's quality, and yet, I never complaint in this whole year (I was too busy trying to not get crashes with certain games, I guess). Hearing all you have to say and never complaning despite the flaws. Just as you like. But that's beyond the point. You actually had the means (and still have, to a point) to have everybody happy, or, at least, not so dissapointed, but it seems you don't know what respect means. Even with your own customers, without whom, you couldn't exist as a company.

Personalmente, podría decirle que he estado bastante insatisfecho con la calidad de su dispositivo desde el primer día, y aún así, nunca me he quejado en todo este año (estaba demasiado ocupado intentando que determinados juegos funcionaran sin cuelgues, supongo). Justo como quieren. Pero ésa no es la cuestión. Ustedes tenían (y tienen aún, hasta cierto punto), de hecho, los medios para que todos estuvieran contentos, o al menos, menos decepcionados, pero se ve que desconocen el significado de respeto. Incluso hacia sus propios clientes sin los cuales no existirían como compañía.

So why we did this new version ? cause we wanted the guys fucking around with the rgb to have what they were fucking asking around all day long (or why you guys were moaning about it ? just to have it and come back moaning about we did it ?. Even we knew when they got this new board they would not stop fucking around with the same thing.

BUT above all things : we did it, cause it was the right thing to do at all.
You did the right thing. Now do the next right thing and do not leave your old customers in a comparative disadvantage. Because not everything is about money and you're concerned about ethics, right?

Hicieron lo correcto. Ahora sigan en la senda correcta y no dejen a sus primeros clientes en una situación de agravio comparativo. Porque no todo es por dinero y realmente le preocupa la cuestión ética, ¿no es cierto?

I just want to say, that not everything in life is about money but passion about what one does and love for what on does. Sometimes shit happens, and like on the good times, we are always here to do our best to try to have everyone happy. Just sometimes as this time, its clear that it's not possible at all.
Excuse me. "Shit" didn't happen. You yourselves made "big mistakes", do really your best and try to compensate old customers. There're many ways for that and I'm sure most people will be reasonable (you'll be so lucky that many of them won't even care about the A/V fixes). But you aren't even trying. You're just giving your old customers a big FUCK YOU coupled with the worst possible way of human communication and manners.

Me discupen: Nada de "cosas que pasan". Ustedes son los que cometieron "errores graves", intenten de verdad resarcirse y compensen pues a sus primeros clientes. Hay muchas maneras para ello y estoy seguro de que ellos sabrán ser razonables (van a tener tanta suerte que muchos ni se preocuparán si hay arreglos de A/V). Pero no están ustedes ni acaso intentándolo. Lo único que han formulado es un enorme QUE OS JODAN a sus antiguos clientes acompañado de la peor de las formas de comunicación y educación posibles.

One thing is try to improve something and other different is to do changes to force your customers to buy the same thing two times
Good, because that's exactly what you achieved.

Fenomenal, prque eso es justo lo que han logrado.

We wanted the new board version, and we decided to not anounce it to not piss previous customers, to us the better way to have as less people as possible pissed, it was silent introduce it.
Mistake #4, in my eyes.

Error nº 4, en mi opinión.

there wasn´t a good solution that would make everyone happy : if you inprove the product you have some customers pissed, if you don´t improve it you will have those customers pissed or other guys that are not your customers at all pissed.
Rule #1 is not to "piss" your old customers. Not just because non-customers may end not being a customer ever if they care about customer support, but because of plain respect. It's your old customers the ones who blindly relied in your company. They gave you their money before the product got any review (at least, a useful, unpaid review). Then again, you still have the means to compensate them and not "pissing" them so hard. Talk with them (us). Otherwise, your company's image is taking much harm. Many will be reminding this episode for many years, the internet is huge, etc. etc.

La primera regla es no "fastidiar" a tus clientes antiguos. No sólo porque los que aún no son clientes pueden terminar por no serlo nunca si les preocupa el servicio al cliente, sino por una mera cuestión de respeto. Son sus clientes antiguos los que ciegamente confiaron en su compañía. Pusieron su dinero antes de que el producto pudiera tener alguna crítica (al menos, alguna útil, libre de cobros). Pero como les digo, aún tienen formas de compensarlos de alguna manera y "fastidiarlos" con tanta alevosía. Hablen con ellos (nosotros). De lo contrario, la imagen de su compañía va a verse muy dañada. Muchos van a estar recordando el episodio durante muchos años, la red es ingente, etc. etc...

About the assholes/dicks : its always the same story, world is full of people, some are more patience, others are dicks. I am not saying all our customers are dicks. I would say a small minority took this RGB issue the hard way and they pushed us so hard to the limits.
And again, what about that small minority who kept silence all this time patiently despite being quite unsatisfied with the device, and with reasons? "Fuck them" too? Do they have the right to think and claim that YOU are the assholes/dicks in their scenario?

De nuevo, ¿qué me dice de la minoría que ha estado pacientemente callada todo este tiempo, a pesar de estar bastante insatisfecha con el dispositivo, y con razón? ¿"Que les jodan", también? ¿Tienen ellos derecho a pensar y exclamar que los gilipollas/capullos son USTEDES, en su situación?

The TL;DR version was already posted:
Dochartaigh wrote:Does this seem completely messed-up to anybody else, or is it just me?

I mean, it's good they're going to finally fix their previously flawed product they released, but I ONLY purchased the still-flawed ~$300usd SSDS3 because: A.) there is NO other device which plays hucard AND disc games, and B.) because Terraonion ADAMANTLY, and I mean swore left and right, repeatedly, over and over again, that they would NEVER, EVER, under ANY circumstances redesign the board to fix these issues.

So now here are a TON of customers who caved in and bought their flawed product because they thought (because of Terraonion's own words and actions) "this is the best it will ever get", and now, again, they (for lack of a nicer way to put this) screw those customers over.

And yes, I know this is a bit convoluted to say that fixing it is a bad thing in any way, but the fact of the matter is for those of us who have a sub-par unit (which if they can't do the mods/fixes themselves just added ~$100 more to the already-high ~$300 price tag), it certainly is.

Again, forgive the long, boring post. Hopefully everybody "pissed" drops by and we can let Terraonion know that the issue won't be forgotten any time soon.

Also, huge thanks to all the people involved in doing the company's work and finding where the technical issues reside, as well as providing us with a solution. Sadly, it's not within everybody's reach.
Last edited by Bassa-Bassa on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PaTaito

Post by PaTaito »

Well my bypass board was a green pcb with different looking caps to anything on the rev B mainboard. Would this be the spaceship board?

I purchased mine from videogameperfection in the UK?

The thing is i heard virtually no noise at all with that mod, and with this rev B its a buzzy/whiney/hummy mess at volumes i'd want to listen to, probably compounded by the fact i use headphones at my retro station. On the old rev with modboard i had to literally go to earsplitting levels to hear the distortion.

At this point i feel i want to go the modboard route again, as i feel it being on its own pcb must have helped with all this in some way, but as the layout is different i'm clueless as to what to remove and where? Can you possibly help firebrand?
Mobiusstriptech

The bypass board looks different because VGP made their boards in green, not purple. The values are going to be the same on the board, unless FBX gave TO other values to use.

PaTaito

Post by PaTaito »

Mobiusstriptech wrote:The bypass board looks different because VGP made their boards in green, not purple. The values are going to be the same on the board, unless FBX gave TO other values to use.
And yet, for me at least, the modboard performed much quieter/better. I still think it might be something to do with the components being on a seperate pcb??? I cant think of any other plausible reason all else being equal...
thebigcheese

Post by thebigcheese »

HDgaming42 wrote:
Mobiusstriptech wrote:The difference of 9v to 10v won't matter on your CoreGrafx.
Thanks--I appreciate the confirmation.
Just to go complete the though there, IIRC, the PCE actually comes with a 10.5 V supply. Or at least the TG16 does even though internally it's identical (aside from layout).