Super SD System 3

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
donluca

Re: Super SD System 3

Post by donluca »

At this point I think they're leaving this as is, just like FBX did since there are simply too many variables in play and you can't make different units to accomodate for all the different versions and issues of the PCE.

EDIT: I echo Pataito's sentiment. With all the issues the PCEs have, a good FPGA solution seems like the best.
Voultar

Post by Voultar »

There are plenty of things you can fault TO for.

But you can't fault them for analog/digital problems that are innate to the hardware that the SSDS3 interfaces to.

They sent me their latest revision which adopted audio fixes as well as my analog video circuitry.. Boy what HUGE difference. It's fantastic, from my experience.
the Goat

Post by the Goat »

Voultar wrote:There are plenty of things you can fault TO for.

But you can't fault them for analog/digital problems that are innate to the hardware that the SSDS3 interfaces to.
No. I think it is clear the ssds3 should have it's own power supply. That would allow for a more robust design that fully isolates the analog and digital circuits.
Last edited by the Goat on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

I was able to test this again with a CoreGrafx II. On HuCard games the CGII is indeed less buzzy than the white PCE I sent to FBX. But when it comes to CD games the problem is the same. It really, really seems that SD card access noise is still the main problem here. Just fire up for a second the darling of this system that everyone has, Rondo of Blood, and jump to the title screen. While there, look at that green SD card read LED flicker while you enjoy the most beautiful buzz coming out of your speakers. Of course, you don't get this annoyance when you play from a CD drive. Maybe this is the one thing that gets fixed by having the audio components separated from the main board.

Is that something we can fault TO for? Presumably the one thing they would be able to address is SD card read noise.

But maybe if you're lucky to have a tip-top shape PCE/Core console or a Supergrafx then you'll feel that nothing is wrong with this thing. That, or units sent out early to testers are different from the main production batch I and other users here have gotten.
darknezz19

Post by darknezz19 »

Voultar what's different on the newest revision for the audio? Can we modify RevB's to the latest circuit?
RevQuixo

Post by RevQuixo »

darknezz19 wrote:Voultar what's different on the newest revision for the audio? Can we modify RevB's to the latest circuit?
Rev B is the latest revision. There is no later circuit. Rev B is based off of Voultar and FBX video and audio design..making a Rev A that is modded very similar to a rev B. FBX tested the noisy PCE he was sent with both a modded Rev A and a Rv B and it had the same noise. Ergo, some hardware is inherently noisy with the SSS3 no matter the revision...and some are not. My Rev B with a SGX sounds just fine unless I blast the volume way to loud.
Mobiusstriptech

Post by Mobiusstriptech »

My noisy white PC engine has the same sound with the rev b and a modified rev 2/3. I test every install with the same white PC engine.
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

RevQuixo wrote: My Rev B with a SGX sounds just fine unless I blast the volume way to loud.
Well every report has been that the SGX works great with rev. B, and with the modified previous revisions also. The question is whether non-SGX consoles can reach an acceptable level of noise. I know FBX heard of people who don't hear noise, but at least in this topic everyone seems to report a problem.
Mobiusstriptech wrote:My noisy white PC engine has the same sound with the rev b and a modified rev 2/3. I test every install with the same white PC engine.
If the people who got mods on the earlier revisions hear the exact same we're hearing on rev. B I really don't understand how they would have been satisfied after spending extra money on those mods for that result.

On the video front, this rev. B does indeed look fantastic though. Hats off to Voultar for that.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Voultar wrote:There are plenty of things you can fault TO for.

They sent me their latest revision which adopted audio fixes as well as my analog video circuitry.. Boy what HUGE difference. It's fantastic, from my experience.
Do you mean "HUGE difference" in audio quality, or both, audio and RGB video?
Mobiusstriptech

I can't speak to the experience people are having now and before with the noise. Since it's not something I hear myself. But yes, hats off to Voultar for fixing the video.

hugo19941994

Post by hugo19941994 »

fernan1234 wrote: Well every report has been that the SGX works great with rev. B, and with the modified previous revisions also. The question is whether non-SGX consoles can reach an acceptable level of noise. I know FBX heard of people who don't hear noise, but at least in this topic everyone seems to report a problem.
I don't know how loud the buzzing is on some of those consoles, but on my unmodded CoreGrafx 1 with a packapunch cable I need to blast the audio at full volume to hear any discernible buzzing or hissing noise (using the RevB SSDS3), but judge yourself:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10lI5o ... 0ZIScgr6fq
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

hugo19941994 wrote:
I don't know how loud the buzzing is on some of those consoles, but on my unmodded CoreGrafx 1 with a packapunch cable I need to blast the audio at full volume to hear any discernible buzzing or hissing noise (using the RevB SSDS3), but judge yourself:

Thanks for sharing a recording! Yep, this is pretty much what I hear with both the white PCE and the Core II, except in person and from tower speakers it feels even louder. Mind that to me this is not full volume, but about one fifth of the dial on my stereo amp which is what I usually use for most systems. But the intermittent buzz from SD access is clearly there in this recording, and if you see the green activity LED you'll notice it matches. It's not 100% constant, but since the SD card is being read all the time it might as well be.
PaTaito

Post by PaTaito »

Voultar wrote:But you can't fault them for analog/digital problems that are innate to the hardware that the SSDS3 interfaces to.
Yet my SuperCD-ROM2 works perfectly without any buzz(at least that i notice) with the same 2 core units...and i'm assuming other stuff like the dbgrafxbooster work without complaint too given the lack of widespread reports of anything similar.

This is what is mystifying to me. How is it possible for 2 core units to have perfect audio with a SuperCD-ROM2 which uses the same ext port, while the revB ssd3 is riddled with buz/whine, along with way worse SD access noise than my previous modded ssd3 unit? Still waiting for someone with the know-how to straighten that one out for me, as i must be too stupid to see the obvious here.

Its a massive inconsistency for me...console sided issues which are exclusive to the SSD3?!?
hugo19941994 wrote:
fernan1234 wrote: Well every report has been that the SGX works great with rev. B, and with the modified previous revisions also. The question is whether non-SGX consoles can reach an acceptable level of noise. I know FBX heard of people who don't hear noise, but at least in this topic everyone seems to report a problem.

I'd take that all day long as its more akin to my previous SSD3 with FBX mod. The "whine" element on mine is much louder/clearer, the buzzing more heavy, all while at a lesser volume. I have to run mine at a meagre volume.
Mobiusstriptech

Original equipment doesn't have the sound because it doesn't have a fpga and arm processor reading from a SD card. This is all EMI related. I said it, not that my opinion matters, FBX said it, I hope his opinion matters. Is the noise in the SSDS3 yes. However the console it is connected to plays a HUGE part in that. That is why the mileage varies from system to system.

We are talking about analog signals which are highly susceptible to any interference. I'm sorry that the experience you are having is not what you wanted but I know that I personally don't know how to make it better for the people who are having this issue.

TerraOnion could have just left it alone and everyone could have then paid for the mods on top of the device. Thus allowing the cycle to continue. They tried to do the right thing by implementing the community supplied fixes. Now there are issues that some people encounter and some people don't.

I guess my question is what do people expect the next step to be? It won't be a full hardware redesign. I'd expect the device to be discontinued before that happens. Myself, FBX, and Voultar have all said we are done trying to sort any of this stuff out. It's honestly just been extremely draining. I'm not trying to fight or argue. I just honestly don't know what the expectation is at this point.

Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Mobiusstriptech wrote: TerraOnion could have just left it alone and everyone could have then paid for the mods on top of the device. Thus allowing the cycle to continue. They tried to do the right thing by implementing the community supplied fixes. Now there are issues that some people encounter and some people don't.

I guess my question is what do people expect the next step to be? It won't be a full hardware redesign. I'd expect the device to be discontinued before that happens. Myself, FBX, and Voultar have all said we are done trying to sort any of this stuff out. It's honestly just been extremely draining. I'm not trying to fight or argue. I just honestly don't know what the expectation is at this point.
Even if it's not what you're discussing there, the next step is to compensate somehow those who bought the 2018 version, of course. I'd like that, at the very least, this is not forgotten since Terraonion have still the option to say something on the matter which isn't "yes, we lied to you; go fuck off". Some people here are complaining about some buzz, but there are others who paid the same amount, did it earlier to support them, and got far-from-tolerable audio and video due to design issues they're now acknowledging.

I'm not shutting up with the hope that more people like me can join to annoy the company enough (given than the rest don't give a shit, it seems).

I repeat: Terraonion haven't even given us the option to purchase the new version with a discount. They aren't even responding old customers' inquiries on the matter.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Mobiusstriptech wrote:Original equipment doesn't have the sound because it doesn't have a fpga and arm processor reading from a SD card.
The thing is though that I'm sure I wasn't the only one who bought one of these rev. B units trusting the reassurances given that SD card read noise was resolved in it (and I have to disagree with Mobius here, at least this SD noise is not console-dependent from what I've experienced). But it's so clearly not, unless, apparently, if you're using a SGX. And maybe even then. It sounds like the vetting could have taken a bit longer.

No one should feel blamed here but TO though. They're the ones responsible for going forward with production after merely grabbing community fixes.

What do we expect? Acknowledgement that audio problems were not adequately solved as previously stated, for starters. The community effort was valuable. The intended sound is fantastic, sounds identical to the real thing, except that it's also polluted by almost constant SD read noise, which cannot be drowned out but instead only get worse with higher volumes (unlike the noise of a real optical drive). And then, hopefully, further community effort could lead to at least a partial improvement. That's the best we can hope for, most likely.

Relying on an eventual FPGA-based clone from Analogue or a full Mister core will come with costs and drawbacks of its own. Oh well.
Last edited by fernan1234 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
mario64

Post by mario64 »

Mobiusstriptech wrote:Original equipment doesn't have the sound because it doesn't have a fpga and arm processor reading from a SD card. This is all EMI related. I said it, not that my opinion matters, FBX said it, I hope his opinion matters. Is the noise in the SSDS3 yes. However the console it is connected to plays a HUGE part in that. That is why the mileage varies from system to system.

We are talking about analog signals which are highly susceptible to any interference. I'm sorry that the experience you are having is not what you wanted but I know that I personally don't know how to make it better for the people who are having this issue.

TerraOnion could have just left it alone and everyone could have then paid for the mods on top of the device. Thus allowing the cycle to continue. They tried to do the right thing by implementing the community supplied fixes. Now there are issues that some people encounter and some people don't.

I’d like to thank you Mobius as well as Voultar and FBX for your efforts to make the SSDS3 what it always should have been, and also TO for making their changes official. My newly recapped Core Grafx does perhaps have a hint of noise/whine but only with no game audio and with my AVR volume turned way up. In practical terms it’s no issue. I’m very sorry to those who are having issues though
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

mario64 wrote: I’d like to thank you Mobius as well as Voultar and FBX for your efforts to make the SSDS3 what it always should have been, and also TO for making their changes official. My newly recapped Core Grafx does perhaps have a hint of noise/whine but only with no game audio and with my AVR volume turned way up. In practical terms it’s no issue. I’m very sorry to those who are having issues though
If you can, would you mind firing up Rondo of Blood for a minute and checking if you can hear significant buzzing during the title screen and also the file/stage selection screen? It's really obvious for me both with a PCE and Core II. If you don't hear it, maybe it will turn out that the common CPU of the Core I and the Supergrafx is a key factor here.
mario64

Post by mario64 »

fernan1234 wrote:
mario64 wrote: I’d like to thank you Mobius as well as Voultar and FBX for your efforts to make the SSDS3 what it always should have been, and also TO for making their changes official. My newly recapped Core Grafx does perhaps have a hint of noise/whine but only with no game audio and with my AVR volume turned way up. In practical terms it’s no issue. I’m very sorry to those who are having issues though
If you can, would you mind firing up Rondo of Blood for a minute and checking if you can hear significant buzzing during the title screen and also the file/stage selection screen? It's really obvious for me both with a PCE and Core II. If you don't hear it, maybe it will turn out that the common CPU of the Core I and the Supergrafx is a key factor here.
Played Castlevania for a while yesterday. No audio issues at all that I could hear. Again, there may be a buzz but it is far too weak to hear over game audio
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Weak is definitely not how I would describe it, at least in those two screens. The music in playable stages is pretty loud and does cover up the buzz.

Hmm, well now I want to find a good Core I to finally rule out if that makes the difference or if you were just not having the volume "loud" enough. There is the fact that sense of loudness varies a lot from person to person, so this won't be easy to settle.
darknezz19

Post by darknezz19 »

For my setup TG16 with SSDS3 RevB Rondo title screen has minimal noise. Most noise is on hucard games Like Final Blaster at the title screen though I've only tried Rondo for cd based games so far.
mario64

Post by mario64 »

fernan1234 wrote:Weak is definitely not how I would describe it, at least in those two screens. The music in playable stages is pretty loud and does cover up the buzz.

Hmm, well now I want to find a good Core I to finally rule out if that makes the difference or if you were just not having the volume "loud" enough. There is the fact that sense of loudness varies a lot from person to person, so this won't be easy to settle.
Just tested those two screens again. No buzz or whine that I can hear. And for the record, I used to work extensively with live sound mixing. I also have a high end home theater as well as gaming audio system so my ears are definitely tuned to pick this stuff up. In fact it is sometimes annoying how easily they lock in on clicks, pops, hum, etc (ask my wife). Seriously, I cannot hear any of that with this setup. The one time I did was with that Japanese shmup that was mentioned a few pages back, and even then just on the title screen. It was more of a whine than a buzz
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

PaTaito wrote:
Voultar wrote:But you can't fault them for analog/digital problems that are innate to the hardware that the SSDS3 interfaces to.
Yet my SuperCD-ROM2 works perfectly without any buzz(at least that i notice) with the same 2 core units...and i'm assuming other stuff like the dbgrafxbooster work without complaint too given the lack of widespread reports of anything similar.

This is what is mystifying to me. How is it possible for 2 core units to have perfect audio with a SuperCD-ROM2 which uses the same ext port, while the revB ssd3 is riddled with buz/whine, along with way worse SD access noise than my previous modded ssd3 unit? Still waiting for someone with the know-how to straighten that one out for me, as i must be too stupid to see the obvious here.

Its a massive inconsistency for me...console sided issues which are exclusive to the SSD3?!?
hugo19941994 wrote:

I'd take that all day long as its more akin to my previous SSD3 with FBX mod. The "whine" element on mine is much louder/clearer, the buzzing more heavy, all while at a lesser volume. I have to run mine at a meagre volume.
I've been following this thread since before your initial post about the buzzing with your new Rev. B. One might typically think that the quality control on these SSD3 units is also quite uniform, however have you maybe considered that you may have gotten a dud? Seeing as your previous modded SSD3 worked without issue, and the general consensus on here is that there is only a faint buzz at high volumes, it does stand to reason that maybe your new SSD3 unit is at fault here. Only way of really finding out would be to test with another Rev. B of course.
Mobiusstriptech

Bassa-Bassa wrote:
Mobiusstriptech wrote: TerraOnion could have just left it alone and everyone could have then paid for the mods on top of the device. Thus allowing the cycle to continue. They tried to do the right thing by implementing the community supplied fixes. Now there are issues that some people encounter and some people don't.

Even if it's not what you're discussing there, the next step is to compensate somehow those who bought the 2018 version, of course. I'd like that, at the very least, this is not forgotten since Terraonion have still the option to say something on the matter which isn't "yes, we lied to you; go fuck off". Some people here are complaining about some buzz, but there are others who paid the same amount, did it earlier to support them, and got far-from-tolerable audio and video due to design issues they're now acknowledging.

I'm not shutting up with the hope that more people like me can join to annoy the company enough (given than the rest don't give a shit, it seems).

I repeat: Terraonion haven't even given us the option to purchase the new version with a discount. They aren't even responding old customers' inquiries on the matter.

I'm going to be honest and say that as someone who purchased multiple units and spent a lot of time and my personal money to resolve issues on this, I don't even have those types of expectations. Would it be cool if we got some kind of discount on a future product? Absolutely. Is that going to happen? Probably not. My original SSDS3 was completely defective. It didn't work in any way shape or form. I was vocally upset about it.

When the rev 2 came out and I was not satisfied with the AV quality, I went to work on it. FBX found the vref cap issue. Voultar and I got together and worked on countless revisions of the FU-RGB. I bought more consoles and equipment because I personally wanted to get the experience I paid for. I never expected the company to do anything for me at that point though.

I fully understand people being upset but the genuinely is a wideswing in the noise level produced by these consoles. It greatly affects the SSDS3. I've stated multiple times that I own a supergrafx but my testing has always been focused on the cheapest variants. The white PC Engine and the TG16. I have tested plenty of other variants, since I own almost all of them now, the experience varies from system to system.

The best chance anyone has of solving this riddle is working on it themselves. I'm still not an employee of TerraOnion and I am by no means on their payroll. I just recognize that there are some people who are experiencing these issues and some people who aren't. The question becomes what is causing the difference? We know the SSDS3 is involved obviously but that doesn't mean it's specifically the culprit. If it was, then I would expect every Rev B owner to have the same experience, which clearly they aren't.

FBX

Post by FBX »

Just to summarize:

"But I don't get this noise on my OG CD-ROM attachment" Answer: Your OG CD-ROM attachment doesn't have and FPGA and ARM chip accessing an SD card at around 76 times a second. That's a power drain and release 76 times every second going through the system.

"We were told the audio was fixed" Answer: The Audio is fixed. The problem is on the power rails with EMI. That's not something I could have fixed with a redesigned audio circuit. My goal was to eliminate clipping and minimize the noise on the Vref circuit at the same time. The Super Grafx recordings I made showed I nailed it when I analyzed the wave forms. If for some reason it isn't working as well on another console variant, you'd literally have to make a custom SSDS3 tuned to each console revision, with some requiring separate power supplies. That's going to cost more money in production than is anywhere near worth the investment (I'm speculating here, but that's the logical conclusion I would make). Even the Uper Grafx I tested (Japanese ODE attachment) had the same sound issues (i.e, you can't crank up the volume without hearing all the FPGA noise in the background), so it seems to be a universal problem with FPGA/ARM paired with SD card access when hooked into analog architecture and pulling power from it.

"Vetting". Answer: I worked with what I had at the time, and at NO point did anyone contact me with a legit complaint about my bypass board not working sufficiently well. The two complaints I did get were: 1.) Someone using unshielded AV cables (which I made Youtube PSA video about). 2.) Unsupported installation procedure. Remember again that my focus was on audio, not the entire SSDS3 architecture, and I was doing this purely as an outside party on my own time for free. That's two complaints that were solved out of over 100 bypass boards I soldered by hand.

Lastly as I mentioned before, the PC Engine I was sent had atrocious sound issues whether I used an old SSDS3 with the bypass board, or the new rev B with the sound integrated. There was zero difference in quality. Some of these consoles are just straight up garbage, and it rears it's ugly head when you use it for powering SD card access.

In my opinion (and I know this is not going to be popular), but I wouldn't spend so much money on an ODE and pair it with $50 garbage. Invest in at the very least a full recap, voltage regulator upgrade, and a proven quality PSU like the Triad. That's what I did for my Super Grafx, and I get no noise whatsoever (other than from the console's noise floor itself) on the Rev B. It's an awesome combination and I'm fully happy with it.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

FBX wrote: In my opinion (and I know this is not going to be popular), but I wouldn't spend so much money on an ODE and pair it with $50 garbage. Invest in at the very least a full recap, voltage regulator upgrade, and a proven quality PSU like the Triad. That's what I did for my Super Grafx, and I get no noise whatsoever (other than from the console's noise floor itself) on the Rev B. It's an awesome combination and I'm fully happy with it.
I'm glad this information was brought out. That may be the only good thing to come out from all we've nagged the past few pages. I just wish I knew these details before making the decision to buy the new SSDS3 revision. Turns out that even if you have a Supergrafx, you may need to have it fully serviced to achieve the expected results.
thebigcheese

Post by thebigcheese »

It'd probably be a pain to hook up, but I wonder if something like the Ebtech Hum Eliminator would help. Obviously this is a kind of expensive solution, but I've had success with it getting rid of buzz with my studio monitors. I'm not sure how one would hook it up with an SSDS3 and I don't have an SSDS3 to test it with, though, so I'm afraid I can't be much help here.

Edit: Just to put things in perspective here, the buzz I was eliminating with this device was coming from hooking up a $1600 guitar processor to a speaker setup that was probably another $1200 all told. Using cables that are easily $40-50 a piece. The point I'm making here is that even expensive, purpose-built audio gear can have buzz. At least when using unbalanced outputs, which is what all game consoles (and frankly all consumer gear) uses. A device like the Hum Eliminator essentially converts between balanced and unbalanced to eliminate hum and buzz.
naz

Post by naz »

FBX wrote: In my opinion (and I know this is not going to be popular), but I wouldn't spend so much money on an ODE and pair it with $50 garbage. Invest in at the very least a full recap, voltage regulator upgrade, and a proven quality PSU like the Triad. That's what I did for my Super Grafx, and I get no noise whatsoever (other than from the console's noise floor itself) on the Rev B. It's an awesome combination and I'm fully happy with it.
This is a great test for someone with audio buzz to do. Aparently the Super Grafx don't have buzzing, but this are the consoles that usually had been recap; maybe the same will be true for the pc engines and cores 1/2.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Mobiusstriptech wrote:
Bassa-Bassa wrote: Even if it's not what you're discussing there, the next step is to compensate somehow those who bought the 2018 version, of course. I'd like that, at the very least, this is not forgotten since Terraonion have still the option to say something on the matter which isn't "yes, we lied to you; go fuck off". Some people here are complaining about some buzz, but there are others who paid the same amount, did it earlier to support them, and got far-from-tolerable audio and video due to design issues they're now acknowledging.

I'm going to be honest and say that as someone who purchased multiple units and spent a lot of time and my personal money to resolve issues on this, I don't even have those types of expectations. Would it be cool if we got some kind of discount on a future product? Absolutely. Is that going to happen? Probably not. My original SSDS3 was completely defective. It didn't work in any way shape or form. I was vocally upset about it.

When the rev 2 came out and I was not satisfied with the AV quality, I went to work on it. FBX found the vref cap issue. Voultar and I got together and worked on countless revisions of the FU-RGB. I bought more consoles and equipment because I personally wanted to get the experience I paid for. I never expected the company to do anything for me at that point though.
Then I guess I really envy you for having all the time, the knowledge and the money required for that. And let me thank you again for providing a solution to the community if you're indeed involved. Sadly, for most customers that wasn't a realistic solution. Firstly, you need to be in the US so that the board doesn't get too expensive, and secondly and more important, you need soldering equipment and skills. Not to mention you needed to follow this forum or whoever's social media in order to be aware in time. I'm giving you some perspective since your reply kind of seems to miss my point.

If you ask me, I can't think of a worst possible way for a company to handle this. It wouldn't be cool if Terraonion offers a discount to old customers, it'd be the very minimum you could ask for. Sending the new version PCB for free together with an apologize for selling a flawed device whilst insulting us all this time, that would be "cool", and we would be getting that or something similar if the people complained or ranted enough, even those who didn't buy a unit. In the end, the company's name is everything that matters and they clearly don't want to close down.
Mobiusstriptech

I wasn't following this thread or any forum posts about it. I specifically saw the problem first hand and decided I wanted to make it better. The product may have been flawed and people may not have the requisite skills to solve it themselves but I would never expect a company this size to do what you are asking. Use Krikzz as an example, when he created the new master system everdrive with proper level translators did he send replacements to the previous owners? Absolutely not. What about the turbo everdrive where the v1 is useful for only hucards and has it's own issues. It's not like he put out the very and offered anything to anyone. I'm sorry I just don't think that's a realistic request.

Like I said a discount would be cool, but I don't honestly expect that either. I am by no means wealthy, I work 3 jobs, and have a family to support. So yes taking my personal time was a big deal. I'm not defending the fact that a flawed product was produced and sold. I am defending the fact that solutions exist for those that were bothered, myself included, and what we have now is something that is pretty great through the combined efforts of community members.

If you want to send a message to TerraOnion, the message is in voting with your wallet. If you don't like the way they do business, then don't give them business. I get that you are upset and believe me no one is forgetting what transpired over the last year. "Quality can't be measured" will never be forgotten. Even Alex knows he will never live that down.

Also I don't follow your comment on being in the US to save on the board? I sold the FU-RGB board for cost on the first go around. It was dirt cheap. FBX sold his board for a reasonable price. Both of those were available from VideoGamePerfection. So I am not entirely sure where the problem is there. I also have no idea where you are located.