* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 12:23 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: NES/SNES 240p dejitter mod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:02 pm 

Arthrimus wrote:
dadjumper wrote:
Is there anywhere I can buy a pre-flashed board? I'd love to solve my jitter issues with the OSSC, but I don't quite have the know-how to flash the firmware etc.

thebigcheese wrote:
I would also love to buy a pre-assembled board. Mostly out of laziness. Side question, if I have an RGB bypass board (Voultar's kit) for my SNES 1-chip (a Jr model), would the steps change at all? Sync is fed through the bypass board, so I am assuming I would run sync through this first and then into the bypass board, but maybe it would just run directly to the output instead?

I'm about to order and build some of the v1.2 boards this week. I could build a couple extra if anyone wants one. PM me if you're interested, I'll probably be making my parts order tomorrow.

Excellent, PM sent.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:57 pm 

marqs wrote:
It should be now good enough for mass-manufacturing.

That's great!
Gotta have at least one unit with this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:55 pm 

Any chance for an NES install guide? Specifically for a toploader. The SNES seems pretty straightforward, but I'd also like to sort out my NES while I'm at it. I suppose there haven't been any updates about a potential NESRGB fix?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:13 am 

thebigcheese wrote:
Arthrimus wrote:
dadjumper wrote:
Is there anywhere I can buy a pre-flashed board? I'd love to solve my jitter issues with the OSSC, but I don't quite have the know-how to flash the firmware etc.

thebigcheese wrote:
I would also love to buy a pre-assembled board. Mostly out of laziness. Side question, if I have an RGB bypass board (Voultar's kit) for my SNES 1-chip (a Jr model), would the steps change at all? Sync is fed through the bypass board, so I am assuming I would run sync through this first and then into the bypass board, but maybe it would just run directly to the output instead?

I'm about to order and build some of the v1.2 boards this week. I could build a couple extra if anyone wants one. PM me if you're interested, I'll probably be making my parts order tomorrow.

Excellent, PM sent.

Same here, thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:52 pm 

thebigcheese wrote:
Any chance for an NES install guide? Specifically for a toploader. The SNES seems pretty straightforward, but I'd also like to sort out my NES while I'm at it. I suppose there haven't been any updates about a potential NESRGB fix?
I'll be installing one of those v1.2 boards on my original Famicom once they arrive.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:43 pm 

I could totally use a dejitter board myself

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:20 am 

I'm interested in building one of these myself. I actually have 3 version 1.1 boards already and I need to order the parts. What I'm confused on though is this:

-Hardware

-OpenOCD supported JTAG programmer (e.g. FT2232 based)

Would someone mind linking a suitable programmer? Preferably as cheap as possible. I have an Altera USB Blaster but I don't think that'll work for this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:38 am 

unmaker wrote:
I'm interested in building one of these myself. I actually have 3 version 1.1 boards already and I need to order the parts. What I'm confused on though is this:

-Hardware

-OpenOCD supported JTAG programmer (e.g. FT2232 based)

Would someone mind linking a suitable programmer? Preferably as cheap as possible. I have an Altera USB Blaster but I don't think that'll work for this.

I programmed mine with a Raspberry Pi; works pretty well.
https://movr0.com/2016/09/02/use-raspbe ... d-adapter/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 pm 

So looking at the different installs, it seems like different components that need to be removed and different solder points for the wires for each revision... Is there some general guidance we should be looking for? I have an NTSC SNES Jr and NTSC NES-101 I want to use these with, but schematics are hard to find for anything Nintendo and I'm not really sure what to be looking for. I know Marqs said he would add some info for the Famicom, but I don't think that really helps my situation, either...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:18 pm 

A major challenge of this project has been making the board universal for all NES/SNES revisions, potentially including DFO etc mods. There's certainly a general guideline on how the board is installed (replace original clocking circuit, tap PPU-generated sync signal, hook up de-jittered c-sync to output), but the details are case-specific. I've now assembled a couple v1.2 boards so I'll be installing one to a Famicom soon. Meanwhile, you could try tracing out NES-101 clock circuit and check how much it matches this schematic (which seems to have a couple errors).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:34 am 

thebigcheese wrote:
So looking at the different installs, it seems like different components that need to be removed and different solder points for the wires for each revision... Is there some general guidance we should be looking for? I have an NTSC SNES Jr and NTSC NES-101 I want to use these with, but schematics are hard to find for anything Nintendo and I'm not really sure what to be looking for. I know Marqs said he would add some info for the Famicom, but I don't think that really helps my situation, either...

I should have SNES jr. specific installation instructions put together soon. I have a SNES Jr. coming in the mail so I'll pass my findings on to Marqs and he could add them to the Github if he is satisfied with the results. I don't expect the install to be substantially different than the 1CHIP boards except for the RGB mod that needs to be done.

I'm also looking for a NES to use as a guinea pig for this mod as well, if I get that done in a timely fashion I'd be happy to share my results there as well.
The more they stay the same.- RUSH- Circumstances

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:18 pm 

Thanks! I have been looking over the schematics for the other SNES systems to compare and I think I more or less have it figured out, but wasn't going to really dive in until I get the boards. For the NES-101... once the Famicom stuff is up, that might give me something to go off. Or I suppose I could roughly base it off of where things are connected on the SNES schematics. But I've got the NESRGB in there and an RGB mod in the Junior, so that naturally complicates things. I assume I am basically just fixing sync before it gets to the mod boards, ie sending it to the dejitter board, then from that to the mod?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:17 am 

kind of late to the party but is there a place to get this mod either complete or in kit form - but with the fpga programmed?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:15 pm 

keropi wrote:
kind of late to the party but is there a place to get this mod either complete or in kit form - but with the fpga programmed?

I put together a small batch of V1.2 boards over last weekend. I still have some extras that I could let go of. PM me if you are interested.
The more they stay the same.- RUSH- Circumstances

Offline Profile