Ibara issues

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
the allett

Ibara issues

Post by the allett »

Hi all,

I kust got Ibara PCB and a supergun 'Pana Twin' Running through a standard 21inch TV through RGB. The thing is it all comes up in just Black and Blue image ;( , does any of you guys know why this maybe????

BTW i tried my Raiden Fighters Jet board through the supergun and that worked just fine.

Thanks in advance to all help ;)

mark
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

Maybe your TV doesn't support NTSC signal?
sven666

Post by sven666 »

i dont know, sounds like a problem with your RGB connection but f you say other boards work fine i guess it must be the Ibara board im afaraid :(
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
SAM

Post by SAM »

I think that might be a problem of your supergun. The vedio encoder (RGB to NTSC) of your supergun might not be able to support convertion of the vedio singal form all PCBs.

For example, I got a JORK vedio encoder (RGB to NTSC S-Vedio), it work fine on my PS1/2, MageDrive, Saturn, but not on my Super Nintendo, DreamCast and some PCBs.

I think you should try connecting the board to a Real Arcade Cab monitor, before you claim there is somthing wrong with the board.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
system11

Post by system11 »

Take a photo of the screen and post it here.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Moved to Hardware
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

just a note for the mods then, you might want to lock the other reposting of this topic a few lines down...
I have no sig whatsoever.
the allett

Post by the allett »

I'm afraid i can't take a picture, no camera!!!

I'm gona try some AV leads tommorow and also in a different supergun to see if it makes any difference and play around with the 5V

cheers mark
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the allett

Post by the allett »

tried it with another supergun and played around with the 5V, still blue and black, i'm gona send it back!!

:cry:
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

the allett wrote:tried it with another supergun and played around with the 5V, still blue and black, i'm gona send it back!!

:cry:
Please post where you bought this from, so nobody else gets stuck with this broken board.
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

I would try it on a different TV/monitor and make sure everything is connected and set in the right way. These color problems seem to be mainly with people using PAL TV sets with NTSC devices.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I've seen the black and blue image on my supergun too. In my case it was caused by a bad connection between the JAMMA connector and the PCB, and was easily fixed (just reconnect the board). You might want to check if your TV supports RGB as well, as my LG Flatron 15" can take the signal if it is connected direct through SCART, or through a SCART switchblock with the RGB conversion switch turned on.
kemical

Post by kemical »

if there is a test mode with the color bars, see if the red and green are completely nonexistant, if you have or can borrow a multimeter maybe check the voltage for the red and green output on the board to see if it's 0, or different to the blue one, i cant remember if the voltage is constantly changing with the colors on the screen or not.

if there is nothing for red and green try tracing back from the jamma connector and seeing if you can find the red and green signal, maybe something is burnt out or whatever and it's just not getting to the connector. i'm no expert but that's what i'd probably mess with trying.
the allett

Post by the allett »

Well i know it aint my TV, coz i play all my other PCB boards run just fine!! I've played around with the harness still the same!!! I think something maybe burntout!!!!

cheers guys

mark
SAM

Post by SAM »

the allett wrote:Well i know it aint my TV, coz i play all my other PCB boards run just fine!! I've played around with the harness still the same!!! I think something maybe burntout!!!!
This actually won't prove anything. Since PCB games are notorius to run at a refresh rate higher or lower than 60fps (fps = Frame per Seconds). For games which got a refresh rate difference too much from the 60fts of which the NTSC TV is running at, you would either got a green screen or black/blue like what you got.

You cann't tell the board is not working until you really connect it to an acrede cab monitor. Anyway, since the game won't work in your enviroment, you better turn it back to the seller and get a refund.
the allett

Post by the allett »

tried it in a cabinet last night, same thing matey,

well atleast the PS2 port is coming :)
SAM

Post by SAM »

the allett wrote:tried it in a cabinet last night, same thing matey,

well atleast the PS2 port is coming :)
Well, I am sorry to hear this. It is not working for sure. Try contacting the seller and see if you could return it for a refund.
the allett

Post by the allett »

Well it was on a trade-in so i'm gona get myself a Progear PCB, and some AES stuff!!

Yeah, its not working i have been playing around with it for about 6 hrs on superguns and cabinets and nothing!! Its time to give up and wait until Ibara PS2 port i guess!! Its just so annoying coz i've been going mad to play this game for months and when i finaly get the thing it doesn't work properly. shit happens!!!! :evil:
zlk

Post by zlk »

You aren't the only one with a problematic Ibara pcb. The sound completely died in mine. Luckily I was able to get a replacement. Hopefully this new one will hold up better than my old pcb.