shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:29 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: Analogue announces the Super Nt for $189 (SNES)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:32 pm 

waiwainl wrote:
Is there already progress/news on the RGB output?

Analogue posted on twitter a few days ago they got some test units in iirc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:56 am 

If I boot a region locked Pal game in Pal mode and then switch to NTSC after the region check the game will run at 60hz right?

There seems to be some confusion on other boards about if this works but unless I’m seeing things it seems to be the case.
I just leave the system set to 1080p60 unless I’m actually gonna play at 50hz.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:32 am 

Scrolling will be stuttery with 50hz (at 1080p60) and speed will be much slower so you should be able to tell easily if its running at 60hz or not.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:58 am 

FBX wrote:
Mine has worked pretty much flawlessly. It's a revision F that I installed Borti's sound amp board on. The only minor issue that comes up is if cart audio is enabled and I hold the reset button to get back to the SD2SNES menu, there's a loud buzzing sound that comes through the audio. Other than that, it has worked perfectly.

Did you have that buzzing prior to doing the mod to the SD2SNES? I've been planning on doing the mod as well, but currently have no issues and don't want to introduce any for additional convenience. Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:30 pm 

noonan2678 wrote:
FBX wrote:
Mine has worked pretty much flawlessly. It's a revision F that I installed Borti's sound amp board on. The only minor issue that comes up is if cart audio is enabled and I hold the reset button to get back to the SD2SNES menu, there's a loud buzzing sound that comes through the audio. Other than that, it has worked perfectly.

Did you have that buzzing prior to doing the mod to the SD2SNES? I've been planning on doing the mod as well, but currently have no issues and don't want to introduce any for additional convenience. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it was there before the mod. But again, it only comes up when you hold the reset button to revert to the menu. It goes away as soon as you let go of the reset button. Just a very minor thing really.

NES NTSC Palettes: http://www.firebrandx.com/nespalette.html

SNES Serial DB: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HYLy_TTDop_FzuX6qnxuQI43upg4raXfno582taO744/pubhtml

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 am 

EnragedWhale wrote:
If I boot a region locked Pal game in Pal mode and then switch to NTSC after the region check the game will run at 60hz right?

There seems to be some confusion on other boards about if this works but unless I’m seeing things it seems to be the case.
I just leave the system set to 1080p60 unless I’m actually gonna play at 50hz.

apparently not :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61037&start=479
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61037&start=485
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61037&start=487

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:41 pm 

There seems to be some confusion over the relationship between video mode mode selected and the region option.

As far as I can tell NTSC mode runs at 60 and pal mode runs at 50. This can be changed at any point and region locked pal games can often be booted in pal and then changed to ntsc and will run at 60hz. Some games check region on the fly and so this doesn’t work.

The video mode ie 1080p50 vs 1080p60 makes no difference to game speed whatsoever and should be set to match the region to avoid judder

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:19 am 

Did a basic settings tutorial for the best resolutions to use on the Super Nt:

https://youtu.be/Hr6KgNXXRxs

Followup video on quick resolution changes using the start button and discussing the bizarre 1:1 and 8:7 res modes Kevtris put in the simplified "Screen Size" menu:

https://youtu.be/PwRXY0L2kuY

NES NTSC Palettes: http://www.firebrandx.com/nespalette.html

SNES Serial DB: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HYLy_TTDop_FzuX6qnxuQI43upg4raXfno582taO744/pubhtml

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:08 am 

Does anyone know if there are any plans for the advancements that were recently made for hybrid scanlines in the OSSC to be brought to the Super Nt? The hybrid scanlines currently present in the Super Nt are a bit underwhelming compared to the OSSC.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:36 am 

I wonder if support for more than one saved profile could be added with a later firmware update. I like to use different settings depending on what I'm playing (5x for Super Game Boy for example) and it would be nice to be able to quickly swap back and forth rather than having to change the settings depending on the game I'm playing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:13 pm 

EnragedWhale wrote:
There seems to be some confusion over the relationship between video mode mode selected and the region option.

As far as I can tell NTSC mode runs at 60 and pal mode runs at 50. This can be changed at any point and region locked pal games can often be booted in pal and then changed to ntsc and will run at 60hz. Some games check region on the fly and so this doesn’t work.

The video mode ie 1080p50 vs 1080p60 makes no difference to game speed whatsoever and should be set to match the region to avoid judder

I literally just linked the the post explaining the issue above your post, did you read those by any chance or do you have any tangible proof Borti is full of it ?

GojiFan90>5X for SGB would be great...but GB/GBC cores from the NT Mini would be even better :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:52 pm 

Shin wrote:
I literally just linked the the post explaining the issue above your post, did you read those by any chance or do you have any tangible proof Borti is full of it ?

Did you actually read Borti's posts? Because Borti says the exact same as what EnragedWhale said.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:36 am 

paulb_nl wrote:
Shin wrote:

Did you actually read Borti's posts? Because Borti says the exact same as what EnragedWhale said.

Yup, hence my comment about some people misunderstanding.

The biggest thing the Super NT is missing (for pal gamers) is a PAL 60 mode which allows games that check region on the fly to run at 60 which I believe a SNES with a super CIC mode allows you to do.

Gotta day though overall I absolutely love the super NT and can’t wait for the scan line overhaul Kevtris has in the works :D

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20