Total control plus help

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
gundamalpha

Total control plus help

Post by gundamalpha »

i just bought a total control plus so that i can use my hori rap on my dc. however it just keeps on "start" as if i press the start button which i didn't. i realised there is a switch at the side which you can place in 3 positions, the first and second position gives me that trouble (keeping start) while the other position won't work at all. is there anything wrong with that converter?
D

Re: Total control plus help

Post by D »

gundamalpha wrote:i just bought a total control plus so that i can use my hori rap on my dc. however it just keeps on "start" as if i press the start button which i didn't. i realised there is a switch at the side which you can place in 3 positions, the first and second position gives me that trouble (keeping start) while the other position won't work at all. is there anything wrong with that converter?
No solution.
But maybe you can try to press the START BUTTON before you turn the Dreamcast on and keep it pressed and see what happens.
Or just insert another controller and try switching

I feel sorry. I know my total control also has one issue with Street Fighter third Strike, where the button Z and C are not accesible. all other games work well with it.

Good luck, tell us how it went. Maybe other can shed light on the matter as well
Marler

Post by Marler »

Bought one of those myself. (The one with the VMU slot right?)
Terrible rubbish, with Mars matrix, it keeps 'floating' and sticking on going
right.
The switches are for..
A steering wheel (Unimportant)
The other two positions are for having L and R (C and Z) as either...
a. L1 and R1 (How very few joysticks are set, y'know for fighters an stuff..)
or
b. R1 and R2 (How the HRAP is set)
So this would be a great thing if it wasn't for the fact that it doesn't work as
it should!
(Also didn't recognise my 4X VMU either, and I sanded down the f'ing tabs
so it would fit. Gah!!!!)
So, as you can see I have nothing useful to say, but to bitch and whine about how terrible this adaptor is.
However, the guys on shoryuken.com are most useful, browse
around their hardware forums and they have whole sections covering the
best adaptors for HRAPs, a bit of time and you should be able to find
something.
gundamalpha

Post by gundamalpha »

thanks guys for your replies i just got it to work.. i think there's something wrong with the memory slot. i just unplug the vmu and everything works great, no lagging problem whatsoever :)