GroovyMAME vs. Raspberry Pi on a CRT

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Taiyaki

Re: GroovyMAME vs. Raspberry Pi on a CRT

Post by Taiyaki »

This thread is full of great tips. Have to bookmark. Thanks to all of you.
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

mikechi2 wrote:Unfortunately, the Pi's built in output is locked to a horizontal resolution of 720p. I think if you turn on bilinear filtering, it hides most of the scaling artifacts.
Thanks man, it got better but still not perfect. in Streets of Rage 2, it's very noticeable in the bar section in the first level, when there are spots of yellow lights. These spots have some small rectangles of various weird colours, I guess it's the artifact.

I had an old PC with a Radeon 7500, and I could put 320x240 with TV Out, and the image for these old games was perfect, too bad the motherboard died. I won't bother building another pc for emulation, so I'll have to make do with the Raspberry, even with it's imperfections. I love it's tiny size. Thanks all
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

I won't bother building another pc for emulation, so I'll have to make do with the Raspberry, even with it's imperfections. I love it's tiny size. Thanks all
Mike Chi offers an analogue output board that also has 240p composite and s-video available. It uses an ultrawide horizontal resolution (which you can then again pair with a good shading filter). Might be an alternative for you, although its price exceeds the cost of the Pi3 itself.