shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:03 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:20 am 



Joined: 16 Aug 2019
Posts: 2
Needing help Nec Pg2710 service manual ? I can’t find anywhere any help would be appreciated


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:59 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2014
Posts: 77
Location: MN
I was taking some close-ups the other night and thought you guys might enjoy!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:47 am 



Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Posts: 199
aaronmjr wrote:
I was taking some close-ups the other night and thought you guys might enjoy!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Beautiful! :D


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:41 am 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 83
aaronmjr wrote:
I was taking some close-ups the other night and thought you guys might enjoy!


Could you fix that NEC XM37 Xtra?

I want to know how the story ended and how you repaired it.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:56 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 08 Dec 2014
Posts: 77
Location: MN
holaplaneta wrote:
aaronmjr wrote:
I was taking some close-ups the other night and thought you guys might enjoy!


Could you fix that NEC XM37 Xtra?

I want to know how the story ended and how you repaired it.


Sorry to say it's been on the back-burner. I have too many hobbies for my own good and CRTs are just one of them. I also have nowhere to set it up, until I move later this year/early next. I found that crack in the neck board, and in order to get at it I'm going to end up using a cutting wheel to get a bunch of the screws off as they are on so tight that not even a wireless impact can jar them loose. After that, I've been told that repairing traces on broken PCBs is pretty straightforward for someone with board level repair skills. I have some local people and a friend who should be able to assist. I'm hoping that's all it takes to bring it back to life! As for when this all will happen? No idea. When the weather turns at the earliest I'd say.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am 



Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Posts: 551
Location: Riverside, CA
Anyone happen to have the important bits out of the XM29 service manual?

Barring that, how about what a proper B+ reading should be?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:03 pm 



Joined: 30 Oct 2018
Posts: 63
So with the Pro/Xtra models standard component cables should work with what sync?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:27 pm 



Joined: 17 Sep 2019
Posts: 6
So can the XM29PLUS do 480p via component? For Wii, Gamecube and Xbox?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:01 pm 



Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 219
Not natively. You'll need an Eon GCHD-MK2 and a Wii SCART cable (and SCART to BNC adapter) to do so. I have an XM29 Plus, and while I got an image, the image was overtly green due to it being YPbPr colorspace (the monitor really needs genuine RGB).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:22 pm 



Joined: 30 Oct 2018
Posts: 63
NightSprinter wrote:
Not natively. You'll need an Eon GCHD-MK2 and a Wii SCART cable (and SCART to BNC adapter) to do so. I have an XM29 Plus, and while I got an image, the image was overtly green due to it being YPbPr colorspace (the monitor really needs genuine RGB).


Is this on a 2960?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:29 pm 



Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 219
Cannonballs wrote:
NightSprinter wrote:
Not natively. You'll need an Eon GCHD-MK2 and a Wii SCART cable (and SCART to BNC adapter) to do so. I have an XM29 Plus, and while I got an image, the image was overtly green due to it being YPbPr colorspace (the monitor really needs genuine RGB).


Is this on a 2960?


Yeah, I have am XM2960 I've owned since 2011. I hooked up my softmodded Wii via RCA to BNC adapters to my 2960, and the 480p output was heavily-green in tint.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:08 pm 



Joined: 30 Oct 2018
Posts: 63
NightSprinter wrote:
Cannonballs wrote:
NightSprinter wrote:
Not natively. You'll need an Eon GCHD-MK2 and a Wii SCART cable (and SCART to BNC adapter) to do so. I have an XM29 Plus, and while I got an image, the image was overtly green due to it being YPbPr colorspace (the monitor really needs genuine RGB).


Is this on a 2960?


Yeah, I have am XM2960 I've owned since 2011. I hooked up my softmodded Wii via RCA to BNC adapters to my 2960, and the 480p output was heavily-green in tint.


Have you tried any other 480p or 720p sources on the monitor? If so how did you you do that without the green tint?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:52 pm 



Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 219
Unfortunately, the only time using a component cable got me a non-green tint on the display was with my PS2. Only because in RGB mode, the console sends sync out through the green line for 480p and up. If the console only outputs YPbPr, you'll generally need a transcoder box for the RGB signal the monitor expects.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:45 am 



Joined: 30 Oct 2018
Posts: 63
NightSprinter wrote:
Unfortunately, the only time using a component cable got me a non-green tint on the display was with my PS2. Only because in RGB mode, the console sends sync out through the green line for 480p and up. If the console only outputs YPbPr, you'll generally need a transcoder box for the RGB signal the monitor expects.


Thank you. This makes sense and I don’t know if I’ve seen it explained like this before, easier to understand. What transcoder box would you recommend?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:02 pm 



Joined: 30 Oct 2018
Posts: 63
Are you talking about some type of Extron box?

Open question to other owners, have you found a Extron or other transcoder box that fixed your sync issues? If so what model number did the trick?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:56 am 



Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 219
Cannonballs wrote:
NightSprinter wrote:
Unfortunately, the only time using a component cable got me a non-green tint on the display was with my PS2. Only because in RGB mode, the console sends sync out through the green line for 480p and up. If the console only outputs YPbPr, you'll generally need a transcoder box for the RGB signal the monitor expects.


Thank you. This makes sense and I don’t know if I’ve seen it explained like this before, easier to understand. What transcoder box would you recommend?


For a new one, I heard Beharius' "Garo" worked well.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:57 am 



Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 219
Cannonballs wrote:
Are you talking about some type of Extron box?

Open question to other owners, have you found a Extron or other transcoder box that fixed your sync issues? If so what model number did the trick?


Though it was most stable with a sync-on-luma cable I had, my Extron RGB202 Plus worked amazingly in making the sync signal work with my XM2960, and keeping it stable.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:25 am 



Joined: 30 Oct 2018
Posts: 63
NightSprinter wrote:
Cannonballs wrote:
Are you talking about some type of Extron box?

Open question to other owners, have you found a Extron or other transcoder box that fixed your sync issues? If so what model number did the trick?


Though it was most stable with a sync-on-luma cable I had, my Extron RGB202 Plus worked amazingly in making the sync signal work with my XM2960, and keeping it stable.


Thank you I will look into getting one. What systems did you use with it?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:23 pm 



Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 219
Cannonballs wrote:
NightSprinter wrote:
Cannonballs wrote:
Are you talking about some type of Extron box?

Open question to other owners, have you found a Extron or other transcoder box that fixed your sync issues? If so what model number did the trick?


Though it was most stable with a sync-on-luma cable I had, my Extron RGB202 Plus worked amazingly in making the sync signal work with my XM2960, and keeping it stable.


Thank you I will look into getting one. What systems did you use with it?


Mainly, it was just the PS2 and PS1 that I used, since they were the only systems I own that do not have a dedicated CSync line.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:04 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2013
Posts: 1180
Does anyone know if these monitors display 576p? I'm thinking of getting Swiss up and running on my Gamecube to see what GC games look like in 576p on my NEC XV29+.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEC XM/XP 29/37 Pro/Xtra Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:43 pm 



Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 219
andykara2003 wrote:
Does anyone know if these monitors display 576p? I'm thinking of getting Swiss up and running on my Gamecube to see what GC games look like in 576p on my NEC XV29+.


Seems that via RGB, it would support that. You would need to find a way to output native 31KHz RGB from the console.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pezmed and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group