shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:23 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 613
Location: Italy
Quote:
Thanks again!

No problem Sam. :)

Unfortunately the more I use this monitor for testing the more I find small flaws that plague it and that drive me nuts. I prefer the smaller and unassuming TM-H in many ways, shame they are 15kHz only.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:00 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 206
Location: USA
I just remembered something.

Several years ago, I had a HAS supergun and an MV-1C motherboard. I used a mean well power supply that had a pot to adjust the voltage. I remember that when I adjusted the voltage, the skew on the monitor went away, but I don't remember if I adjusted the voltage up or down. :/


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:31 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2012
Posts: 283
Location: UK
cyborc wrote:
I just remembered something.

Several years ago, I had a HAS supergun and an MV-1C motherboard. I used a mean well power supply that had a pot to adjust the voltage. I remember that when I adjusted the voltage, the skew on the monitor went away, but I don't remember if I adjusted the voltage up or down. :/

Interesting! I know some systems can be run at higher voltage as they can take more than what's advertised but surely lower voltage than say the recommended value will be bad ? Can't quite figure out why the extra or lower voltage will remove the upper skew on the monitor though. Since my PCE Turbo Duo is now fixed thanks to the Extron 160xi I am willing to get a CMVS soon-ish (will be few months still) and see how my luck goes with that. The 160xi isn't by far the perfect solution as interestingly some games will still exhibit heavy skewing even with it (Bonk's Adventure and Legion for example). But I found that all that's needed is to go in to the size and position settings and make the frame of the game fill the screen fully, then it all becomes fine. Another weird thing is that I left Legion running for half an hour without playing because I went to the shop and when I'd gotten back the skew and image shake on the top were basically gone... :shock:

I can see how the best solution for this will be a box that mimics what the Extron 160xi does but it also has a pot that lets you quickly adjust the intensity of the "fix" that is applied to the sync signal, so that different consoles and games can be accommodated. I will be trying the DC with the Toro Box next as that has a slight skew in 480p mode also, since it is very slight indeed I'm not rushing to see if the Extron will improve it. Those JVC's let you manipulate the position and size of the image so quickly and efficiently that the 160xi solution really sits okay with me for the long term. Every other console I own looks great with this screen, can't justify changing it just for a few odd systems :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:40 am 


User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2006
Posts: 36
Hi guys, I am the lucky owner of a 19" DT-V. But I am having problems with using it for RGB.
I have the IFC01COMG and two other cards for it (SDI & Composite).
Initially the monitor would not even display my RGB feed, giving me the message: 'Out of range low' (the monitor does not list 240p 15KHz as supported, though other people seem to have it working fine on their DT-Vs) but yesterday I hooked it up again, and it finally gave me an image, but it had a green wash over the whole screen and would not let me into ANY menu options other than to see the inputs, and every test/function button just said 'NO EFFECT':
Image

*The tube is fine because I fed in my snes through composite and the image and colors are perfect.

*I am using a Mame CRT_Emudriver setup that works perfectly with my other monitors.

*I have two IFC01COMG's, I have tried both, in all 3 slots that the DT-V 19 has, but I get the same result (both IFC01s also work fine in every other JVC monitor I have had/have).

*Even though it wont let me use any of the buttons in RGB mode, I dont think this is stuck in a green color check. It looks like a lighter shade of green, and you can see other colors slightly on screen.

Any one have any ideas?
_________________
https://twitter.com/Crayfis


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:27 pm 



Joined: 30 Jul 2017
Posts: 18
Crayfish wrote:
Hi guys, I am the lucky owner of a 19" DT-V. But I am having problems with using it for RGB.
I have the IFC01COMG and two other cards for it (SDI & Composite).
Initially the monitor would not even display my RGB feed, giving me the message: 'Out of range low' (the monitor does not list 240p 15KHz as supported, though other people seem to have it working fine on their DT-Vs) but yesterday I hooked it up again, and it finally gave me an image, but it had a green wash over the whole screen and would not let me into ANY menu options other than to see the inputs, and every test/function button just said 'NO EFFECT':
Image

*The tube is fine because I fed in my snes through composite and the image and colors are perfect.

*I am using a Mame CRT_Emudriver setup that works perfectly with my other monitors.

*I have two IFC01COMG's, I have tried both, in all 3 slots that the DT-V 19 has, but I get the same result (both IFC01s also work fine in every other JVC monitor I have had/have).

*Even though it wont let me use any of the buttons in RGB mode, I dont think this is stuck in a green color check. It looks like a lighter shade of green, and you can see other colors slightly on screen.

Any one have any ideas?


Did you change the sync from internal to external? Or vice versa. Press down and left, then function settings > INT/EXT. I usually get this result or no picture when I don't have the correct sync settings set.

edit: I know you said that you can't use any of the buttons in RGB mode, I don't think thats normal. Try this menu though (down and left) - it should work.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:17 pm 



Joined: 12 Jun 2017
Posts: 62
Crayfish wrote:
snip

I get the same green tint on PS2 if I use GSM and try a VGA preset. Using HDTV preset produces the correct colors.
Strangely enough, using a PC with VGA to BNC produces the correct colors also.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:01 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2012
Posts: 283
Location: UK
Would a dual frequency oscillator mod for an MVS improve the compatibility with the monitor? So it's closer to 60Hz refresh rate as opposed to ~59.1Hz. I've read that it helps with the FM but I'm not sure if CRTs can benefit from it too.

Last post here: Link


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:31 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 206
Location: USA
werk91 wrote:
Would a dual frequency oscillator mod for an MVS improve the compatibility with the monitor? So it's closer to 60Hz refresh rate as opposed to ~59.1Hz. I've read that it helps with the FM but I'm not sure if CRTs can benefit from it too.

Last post here: Link


I've wondered that myself. What's strange is when using groovymame (which can output the exact refresh rate and resolution of the original game) The monitor has no skew whatsoever with Neo-Geo games. Looks perfect.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:10 am 


User avatar

Joined: 17 Jun 2012
Posts: 283
Location: UK
So if its not the odd refresh rate then maybe it really is the same problem as the PCE and it comes down to subpar sync signal. I can't actually find much about that DFO mod for MVS anyway, and from what I've read it's complicated so not something I can just the ask the person doing my CMVS to just add in the meantime.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:13 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2017
Posts: 39
Location: Montpellier, FRANCE
Anyone know how to modify h linearity ? the left square on the grid are too big.
In service menu there is only v linearity setting.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:32 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 206
Location: USA
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I couldn't TATE this monitor without discoloration. I tried it again at my new place and I found that if the monitor is facing east/west there is still a very, very slight discoloration in the corner but it's much worse when facing the CRT north/south.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:53 pm 



Joined: 30 Jul 2017
Posts: 18
cyborc wrote:
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I couldn't TATE this monitor without discoloration. I tried it again at my new place and I found that if the monitor is facing east/west there is still a very, very slight discoloration in the corner but it's much worse when facing the CRT north/south.


I tried to tate my DT-V the other day too.. And now it has a blue discolouration in the top right hand corner (visible on solid red background). The degauss button and startup degauss does not get rid of it, how did you remove it? I am guessing a degaussing wand?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:38 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 206
Location: USA
for me the discoloration went away after putting it back to horizontal. I turned off the monitor, rotated it back to normal, unplugged it and let it sit for about 30 minutes. I didn't need to use a wand. I wonder if the degauss button even works on my monitor... When I press it, the screen will say "Degaussing!" but it doesn't actually "shake" like other monitors with a degauss button.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:49 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Apr 2014
Posts: 1089
It probably doesn't, then. My 19" TM-H has a bad degauss circuit. I manually degaussed it with a stack of neodymium magnets on a steel needle file and spun it like a propeller from the center of the screen outward.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JVC TM-H and DT-V thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:25 pm 



Joined: 30 Jul 2017
Posts: 18
cyborc wrote:
for me the discoloration went away after putting it back to horizontal. I turned off the monitor, rotated it back to normal, unplugged it and let it sit for about 30 minutes. I didn't need to use a wand. I wonder if the degauss button even works on my monitor... When I press it, the screen will say "Degaussing!" but it doesn't actually "shake" like other monitors with a degauss button.


Hmm, I did the same (unplugged everything whilst rotating it etc) but it still managed to get discoloured. I just didn't let it sit for 30 mins. I guess I'll just try to pickup a wand.

Yes that sounds like your degauss button doesn't work but from what I remember the TM-H degausses on start up (unless it's not just the button as Einz said above).

lewolfeur wrote:
Anyone know how to modify h linearity ? the left square on the grid are too big.
In service menu there is only v linearity setting.


Also, hopefully someone who has done this or knows more can chime in. I think one of these is the horizontal linearity coil but don't know which, another member told me it should have a magnet inside? Anyone know about this?

Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bacardi, Carpetman, GeneraLight, Google [Bot], orange808, Syntax and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group