D's joystick thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
D

D's joystick thread

Post by D »

So after searching and reading I guess I should go for
Seimitsu LS-32 sticks and Sanwa standard buttons (OBSF-24). Or 30 (bigger)
Anway I need sticks with the 8 connectors. Are there also ones with one of those 5 wire ribbon connections?

How can I tell if the joystick will fit my cab? Are the measurments for the sticks universal? My sticks are mounted through the panel with four mounts. I have microswitch-less sticks and they suck a bit.

Also, how do I know if the buttons will fit?
30 24 MM? Can I measure it? I do not want to have to drill extra holes and make the cab look like swiss cheese.
I have one of those French Masterplay cabs, generally used for NEO GEO.
Can be found somewhere on this page.
http://www.topshop-automaten.nl/WWW/index2.htm

So Sega uses Sanwa sticks, It seems like Sega cabs use Sanwa sticks and those sticks feel very light. I don't think I'd like my stick to be that light.

thanks guys, I allready learned a great deal from you guys.
Perhaps when I do get and install the new sticks (I'd like to buy) I can pass on the knowledge. :)

Those seimitsu sticks, can you also change them to 4 direction operation for games such as pacman, etc?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Would be nice if you at least linked to the page where your cab is...but anyway, if its a wooden control panel, you will not be able to use Sanwa/Semitsu sticks unless you are adpet at using a router, as these sticks were ment to mount in thin metal control panels.

30mm buttons are pretty much standard size. The 24mm start buttons are obviously smaller, so if your cab currently has normal size start buttons its not going to work (just get 2 more 30mm buttons for start). Lastly, yes Semitsu sticks have an adjuster for 4 or 8 way.
Last edited by Dave_K. on Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

theres no direct linking on the site:

go to Nieuws:

scroll to 28-5-2005:

image labeled Masterplay:
I have no sig whatsoever.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

captain ahar wrote:theres no direct linking on the site:

go to Nieuws:

scroll to 28-5-2005:

Ah, thanks! looks like metal. The mounting points for the sticks probably won't line up with the Sanwa/Semitsu points, so probably have to drill a custom plate, but it should work. The 30mm buttons should also fit, except for the 24mm start buttons (just use 30mm).
D

Post by D »

Dave_K. wrote:
captain ahar wrote:theres no direct linking on the site:

go to Nieuws:

scroll to 28-5-2005:

Ah, thanks! looks like metal. The mounting points for the sticks probably won't line up with the Sanwa/Semitsu points, so probably have to drill a custom plate, but it should work. The 30mm buttons should also fit, except for the 24mm start buttons (just use 30mm).
:( won't what?....won't fit :cry:
Thanks for the knowledge.
drill a custom plate...............

Anyway For all Europeans, the Masterplay is the fastest rotatable monitor.
I'm going to enter a rotate monitor contest soon :)
And while it's not nearly as nice as a candy cab it's alot nicer than all other universal cabs in the Netherlands. And cheap too. But changing to good sticks will be a hassle.

Thanks.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

D wrote: :( won't what?....won't fit :cry:
Sanwa/Semitsu sticks use a mounting plate to attach to a metal control panel. The mounting points (where it screws into the panel) is most likely not the same as whats already drilled in your Masterplay...so rather than drill new holes in the panel, you will need to drill corresponding holes in the joystick plate to mount it.
D

Post by D »

Dave_K. wrote:
D wrote: :( won't what?....won't fit :cry:
Sanwa/Semitsu sticks use a mounting plate to attach to a metal control panel. The mounting points (where it screws into the panel) is most likely not the same as whats already drilled in your Masterplay...so rather than drill new holes in the panel, you will need to drill corresponding holes in the joystick plate to mount it.
:( .....what, :shock: ..........what (Lil Jon) YEAH! (Lil Jon) :D

OK.......

*joy*
D

Post by D »

I have WICO CORP leave joysticks

the domensions where the holer are drilled (from cemter of the screw to the center of the other screw)
3.1 inch width
2.7 inch height

7,85 cm width
6,5 cm height

So with these dimensions in mind would sanwa sticks fit?

These joystick are crapongous. *flame 'em in this thread*