shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:58 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: CPS2 digital AV interface
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:08 pm 

Hrm, I was super excited for the CPS1 version, but that looks very precarious. I'm guessing you have no intention of a more CPS1-specific board which isn't going to jut out so far from the PCB form factor?

BTW, I tried to capture footage from my CPS2HDMI via a black magic intensity and it was completely hopeless at locking onto the signal. Do we have a list of capture solutions which support the CPS2HDMI? Including audio+video

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:54 am 

fluxcore wrote:
Hrm, I was super excited for the CPS1 version, but that looks very precarious. I'm guessing you have no intention of a more CPS1-specific board which isn't going to jut out so far from the PCB form factor?
At least for pre-assembled boards it's most convenient and economical to stick with one common design even though it's not most optimal fit for CPS1/3. That's assuming majority of the buyers are installing it to CPS2, so things might change if there's suddenly a massive interest in a model optimized for CPS1.

fluxcore wrote:
TW, I tried to capture footage from my CPS2HDMI via a black magic intensity and it was completely hopeless at locking onto the signal. Do we have a list of capture solutions which support the CPS2HDMI? Including audio+video
The only "non-standard" charastetistic is 59.64Hz, otherwise the output should be de-facto 1080p. Perhaps that's out of the range supported by black magic intensity which would be a bummer but hardly surprising consideríng the inflexibility of capture cards (compared to TVs/monitors).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:25 pm 

RGB wrote:
Installed my CPS2 digital AV, it works a charm!

If anybody's looking for a solution to interface the HDMI modded CPS2 without a supergun, I started this project - https://homearcadesystem.wordpress.com/cps2ioi/

The design files and BOM are also available at OSH Park - https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/Zjf0XU71

Do you have a part number for the through hole JAMMA connector on this board. I can't seem to find one for the life of me.
The more they stay the same.- RUSH- Circumstances

I install and sell mods at arthrimus.com | SNES RGB Bypass+Dejitter available now! | Watch me live stream my work on YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:44 pm 

Arthrimus wrote:
Do you have a part number for the through hole JAMMA connector on this board. I can't seem to find one for the life of me.
This seems like a suitable one, but I can't confirm.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:04 am 

marqs wrote:
Arthrimus wrote:
This seems like a suitable one, but I can't confirm.

Yes that one works. Thanks for tracking it down, don't know why I was having so much trouble finding it.

Incidentally the PCB house that I used to manufacture the I/O board for me has a minimum order quantity of five copies of the PCB, so I went ahead and assembled five of the I/O boards and kick harnesses. I only need one so if anybody else wants one I have four more I/O boards and Kick Harness adapters available. PM if interested.
The more they stay the same.- RUSH- Circumstances

I install and sell mods at arthrimus.com | SNES RGB Bypass+Dejitter available now! | Watch me live stream my work on YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:55 am 

Preliminary code and instructions for CPS1 installation are now in repo. Adaptation for CPS1 video is complete, as well as for YM2151 OPM. The remaining part is to figure out the best place to extract MSM6295 voice audio (which unfortunately isn't used on the board I have).

Minor changes to cps1_adapter will be made as well (there is also an option to make a L-shaped adapter PCB to prevent anything sticking outside of CPS1 A-board boundary). It should be also noted that the current adapter board can be properly mounted on certain A-board revisions only (89626A-4 and probably its DASH version too). A different adapter would be needed for 88617A revisions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:13 am 

@Arthrimus, I'd like to snag one of those boards from ya. Can't PM you. Maybe it's because I'm new?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:30 pm 

marqs wrote:
Preliminary code and instructions for CPS1 installation are now in repo. Adaptation for CPS1 video is complete, as well as for YM2151 OPM. The remaining part is to figure out the best place to extract MSM6295 voice audio (which unfortunately isn't used on the board I have).

Minor changes to cps1_adapter will be made as well (there is also an option to make a L-shaped adapter PCB to prevent anything sticking outside of CPS1 A-board boundary). It should be also noted that the current adapter board can be properly mounted on certain A-board revisions only (89626A-4 and probably its DASH version too). A different adapter would be needed for 88617A revisions.

Nice, nice!

I'm guessing due to the way you've written this, that the clock differences between DASH and non-dash (i.e. 10MHz vs 12MHz) won't cause issues for the HDMI device?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 pm 

fluxcore wrote:
I'm guessing due to the way you've written this, that the clock differences between DASH and non-dash (i.e. 10MHz vs 12MHz) won't cause issues for the HDMI device?
The PPU clock is still 16MHz so I don't expect any difference in video timings.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6