One weird trick to improve your Sigma supergun sticks!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
d0s

One weird trick to improve your Sigma supergun sticks!

Post by d0s »

MAS owners HATE this!!!

If you have a Sigma 8000TB/9000TB you know it's the dopest stick on earth (particularly the 8000TB with it's remapable buttons and DB15 connector) except for one thing: the terrible hollow feeling and noise when you tap the buttons. It feels nothing like a real cab and it sucks. Well check this shit out: open it up and grab a big wad of anti-static bubble wrap and shove it into that big empty space in the lower half. It should be enough that it completely fills that empty space below the board/stick and it's almost a struggle to close both halves together to the point you have to hold it closed with one hand while putting the first few screws back. Now your stick feels nice~
Blair

Re: One weird trick to improve your Sigma supergun sticks!

Post by Blair »

I don't have this equipment, but I did think that delivery was pretty funny, :lol:
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I have the 9000tb with the PS2 adapter, but it's so loud I neglect to even bother using it. The buttons are housed in a small compartment and soldered to the PCB separate to the stick so I'm not sure how much this would actually help though.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
d0s

Post by d0s »

Elixir wrote:I have the 9000tb with the PS2 adapter, but it's so loud I neglect to even bother using it. The buttons are housed in a small compartment and soldered to the PCB separate to the stick so I'm not sure how much this would actually help though.
you put the bubble wrap in the area marked here

it does help a lot, I promise. ask any audio engineer about how to deaden sound in a room. you don't cover the source of the sound, you cover the walls around it with a soft material. the bubble wrap makes the stick both quieter and more solid feeling.
bcass

Post by bcass »

I tested this, as the Σ8000TB and Σ9000TB sticks are obnoxiously loud. Here's a video showing the comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8GQ6wz6dj0

Both are still noisy, but the padding does make a difference, mostly I think when hitting the gate. Microswitch noise seems to be about the same, although you could rectify that by using Cherry or silent switches. Not much different with buttons either, although the buttons on the two sticks seem different. The buttons on the Σ8000TB are a lot flatter which I think is an older design.