Different revisions of the Seibu SPI mainboard?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Vexorg

Different revisions of the Seibu SPI mainboard?

Post by Vexorg »

Recently I bought a Raiden Fighters 2 with SPI board and cart from someone locally (the guy who sold me my cabinet, in fact.) I also just bought a Raiden Fighters 1 from PsikyoPshumpPshooterP, which also came attached to an SPI board. When I got the RF1, it seems that the included SPI board was significantly different from the one I already had. The one I got with RF1 looks like what I find when I look on the internet for pictures of SPI boards. The one with the RF2 seems to be a newer revision which is smaller, and has an AMD 386 instead of an Intel. I also can't seem to find a game change jumper on it anywhere.

Is anyone familiar with the different SPI revisions? If so, do I need to use a jumper to change games on the newer one, and where would I find this? Both cartriges are the Fabtek US versions. I haven't tried using the RF2 cart on the older SPI board, but I don't imagine I would have a problem doing so.

Edit: Found some more info. The RF1 board is a revision SXX2C, where the RF2 board is on a SXX2D board.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L »

I have both the old (big) and new (small) version of the SPI motherboard, and the smaller one only has one jumper and thats for switching between stereo and mono sound... it does automatically detect when you put another SPI cartridge on it, no need for jumperchange at all :)
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L »

Also here is a photo of both big and small versions of the SPI motherboard next to each other for direct comparison.

Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

Those are the ones I have. The one thing that's different is that the newer one I have is using an AMD 386 CPU, where the older one is on the Intel CPU (since the two CPUs are functionally identical, it should make no difference either way. Thanks for the info.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0