Bandridge automatic 5-port SCART switcher

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
blizzz

Re: Bandridge automatic 5-port SCART switcher

Post by blizzz »

Here's a screenshot comparison: http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/189557

As you can see the switch makes the image softer and there's also a bit of brightness loss.
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

I suggest that you ask Voultar, or perhaps look into the modification he posted earlier for brightness issues.
Dlang1987

Post by Dlang1987 »

I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to the issue of a decrease in brightness and overall quality while using the bandridge automatic scart switcher. I am having the same issue. Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Harrumph

Post by Harrumph »

I'll have to redact on what I wrote in the other thread some while back. After I dialed in the optimized mode for GBI on my OSSC, it was apparent there was some horizontal "smear" that clouded the next pixel when transitioning between pixels of high contrast.
I couldn't notice this before using generic modes, and additionally because I'm mainly gaming on my 2-chip SNES which is blurry anyway...
A specific solution to this problem (i.e. not related to switching, which works flawlessly) would be awesome.
foyde

Post by foyde »

My history. I have a couple of consoles with the mod PAL/NTSC 50/60 Hz (SNES and Megadrive) connected with RGB cables (Luma Sync in Snes and RGB stereo output standar for the MD) to this video splitter scart (Bandridge SVB7735) and this in turn connected to a CRT Tv Samsung Plano with that cable RGB compatible (Profigold 7102). My problem? In both consoles the image is seen in black and white. Some considerations;

1) Both consoles and TV are RGB compatible, since when connected directly (without video splitter) is seen in color and full screen on my crt TV.

2) The 5 inputs of the video splitter are RGB fully compatible, confirmed by several people of this forum.

Where do you think the quiz might be? I'm going crazy with this ...

Thanks guys, great work
foyde

Post by foyde »

¿Anybody?
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

It sounds like your TV thinks it is being fed composite or s-video over SCART.
foyde

Post by foyde »

Thanks Guspad, I think you are right, because when I try with a LCD TV with a rgb, results are fine. What I can´t understand is why if you connect the consoles to the CRT TV (rgb in) without the splitter, everything works perfect (full screen color in 60 Hz).

Does not the splitter get along with my tv for one reason or another?
Harrumph

Post by Harrumph »

It's the blanking line (pin 16 on scart plug) that signals the TV to switch to RGB mode. Sounds like there is some damage to some component along this line in the Bandridge? If you have a multimeter I suppose you can check what the potential is on pin 16 (should be 1-3V).
foyde

Post by foyde »

Thanks Harrumph;

It seems that the problem is

a) On the TV. I´m going to the test with another CRT (maybe the colour scheme in NTSC, I dont ****** know)
b) On the Bandridge splitter as you said before . Crazy thing is when I try with this one splitter (https://www.amazon.es/Vivanco-SBX-84-Sp ... B000KPW6RK) using the rgb input the result is the same than the Bandridge: black and white

To be more precise. In the case of the MD the image is shown in black and black at NTSC 60 HZ (at 50 Hz is seen in color). In the SNES the image is always black and white using the Sync to luma cable, no matter the mode (PAL or NTSC)

Thanks for the feedback
whoisJSR

Post by whoisJSR »

Hi :D so I bought one of the manual switchers and after I purchased it, realized that I have a minor problem with my setup. I was hoping you could help :D

So long story short, would it be possible to wire up a composite, component, or S-Video out into the bandridge as an auxiliary output? I need a non-SCART analog option, and any help would be awesome!

I already tried wiring pins 20 and 21 of the TV out to a composite jack, but I assume that the signal would need a capacitor to drive it? All I got was a white screen :( Considering that I'm not even certain that the signal for composite from SCART are the same across the board, that might not even help me.

But in that case... How could I possibly make this work? Seeing as how I would have a permanent setup with the same consoles all the time, could I perhaps wire, for example, Luma from all 5 ports to Luma for S-Video? Could I run the pure RGB signals to a component out? Could I simply tap the TV out port? I'm still relatively new to all of this, so any help you guys could give would be awesome :)

Thank you!
whoisJSR

Post by whoisJSR »

...bump.

Anyone? I could really use the help D:

Either that, or I need to figure out a way to split a SCART signal without signal loss...
Blair

Post by Blair »

sounds like you need a powered scart distribution amp, or if you have a PVM you could use the video out ports on the back. (are you trying to split the signal to 2 displays or to a capture device?)
tzakiel

Post by tzakiel »

Well, I noticed today that ALL audio coming out of this switch is converted to mono. My left and right channels both carry all sound. This is either via the AUDIO OUT red and white jacks on the back, or even via a breakout cable coming out of the SCART monitor out. What gives? Pretty pissed off...

Has anyone else noticed this?
tjstogy

Post by tjstogy »

tzakiel wrote:Well, I noticed today that ALL audio coming out of this switch is converted to mono. My left and right channels both carry all sound. This is either via the AUDIO OUT red and white jacks on the back, or even via a breakout cable coming out of the SCART monitor out. What gives? Pretty pissed off...

Has anyone else noticed this?
Not me... I have an automatic bandridge switch and I get stereo both when using external powered speakers, and also when using the ones built into my (consumer grade) tv. I haven't tested the red and white jacks, but it works when passed through via scart for me.
Working_stiff

Post by Working_stiff »

I picked up a second bandridge autoswitch and some premium leads from retro gaming cables. I've read that you can successfully daisy chain these switches, but I'm having no luck. Each one works fine with my framemeister by themselves and both new leads seem to work. However when daisy chained I only get sound from the chained switch. I've tried different inputs and changing which one was connected directly to the framemeister, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

It seemed like there was a ton of info about the bandbridge mods a few months ago and I am having a hard time finding the solutions to the issues.

Does anyone know where I could find info to solve these issues?

1. Brightness Degredation

2. Scart socket oreientation.

3. Leaking voltage fix?

I could sware these issues have been solved and I would love a summary so I can fix mine.
Copyright 1987
Hoagtech

Post by Hoagtech »

Does anyone have a link to Voultar's brightness fix for the Banbridge switch? Or any brightness fix?
Copyright 1987
hurda

Post by hurda »

Hoagtech wrote:Does anyone have a link to Voultar's brightness fix for the Banbridge switch? Or any brightness fix?
Voultar just reposted the fix for the power-issues with input-port 5 and in-cable-sync-splitters.
All the other issues, which apparently don't affect all revisions and models, like brightness and sync-on-luma/sync-on-composite-video-issues, remain unfixed, afaik.