Problems TATEing a PVM 1910?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
captain ahar

Problems TATEing a PVM 1910?

Post by captain ahar »

I am currently investigating ways to get an arcade setup in my room. Should I go the way of the supergun, the Sony PVM 1910 is the monitor I am looking at now. It being about 60 lbs, will I have problems TATEing the thing?

NOTE: I currently have a Trinitron 20" flat-screen, not sure of the weight though, and I can tate the sucker pretty easily (if i can clean the crap from the desk first).
I have no sig whatsoever.
Ord

Post by Ord »

Well i have this 29" Sony monitor and it weighs over 121lbs and i have no trouble tating it. Sure i might slip a disk in my spine or get a hernia but it's worth it. -
This is a pic of my old set up before i moved house and the monitor had a great clean picture with no colour bleeds etc.
So i think it should be ok.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

thanks so much for the post. and might i just say i am jealous as hell of your set-up :D
Stormowl

Post by Stormowl »

you shouldn't have any problems TATE-ing a sony pvm-1910. i have one and it works beautifully. it's the perfect supergun monitor: decent size, easily TATEs, and has some nice handles for carrying.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

it does sound very appealing. only problem is i don't know where to find one. i know ebay generally has a few up, but that shipping is stupid! does anyone know where i might find a monitor in my city (Grand Rapids, MI)? like TV studios and whatnot?
kemical

Post by kemical »

I bought one from ebay once, forget how much shipping was (probably 30 or 40$ ups ground), but the monitor itself was around 80$. the case kind of split apart in the bottom corner areas from shipping, but the monitor itself still works great.. have it sitting on it's side with an amiga 1080 monitor on top.

it's a real nice monitor, isn't too heavy either, just kinda big and bulky though compared to recent 19" monitors.
if you end up getting one I have the manual with pinout information and video timings etc, although it might be easy to get on google.