Sony BVM-D24E1WE, How to connect it to my PC?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Fudoh

Re: Sony BVM-D24E1WE, How to connect it to my PC?

Post by Fudoh »

But this happens with an Arcadeforge UMSA, home made vga to scart, Extron RGB with DDSP off, Extron with Composite Sync on, etc. And if i loop the image trought the BNC out to my phillips CM8833 it displays correct in all the cases. Here i have some photos:
did you check the AFC/VCR setting on the monitor itself ?
Fudoh this monitor accepts up to 1080i in this input
I know, but the problem is that the Bios/boot screens often just display in VESA timings like SVGA or XGA and your BVM only accepts the usual video SD and HD timings.
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

VCR is Off, but turned On the issue remains. Didn't find AFC yet. I just used an HDfury cable from the GPU hdmi out to the UMSA and works flawless, displays all the boot from the start and windows correctly and 480p games to 720p. Tried my VGA dreamcast with the UMSA and works great too. Tried another PC with the VGA out and DVI analog and the symptoms are the same as the Groovymame PC :|

But the Dreamcast in VGA looks gorgeous on it :D
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Reseting the input module to factory and then enabling VCR resolved it. Working great now
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

VCR mode On resolved my issue for 15khz source, but every time the source changes to 480p 31khz the VCR mode gets disabled and I can't enable it, it gets back and selectable again on 15khz. So I have a little distortion on the top of my image with 31khz.

Does anyone knows an way to turn this on for 31khz?
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

You could probably get rid of the distortion at the top by padding the front porch with an ExtronRGB with a vertical adjustment knob
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Guspaz wrote:
BazookaBen wrote:Noooooo, don't use SDI! That is guaranteed to be laggy as hell.

You're were right to begin with that DVI-A to BNC will work, you just need to combine H and V sync with a T-connector. That will give you composite sync that you can use with your BVM
Do you have any documentation about SDI inducing lag?
Yeah I was wondering about that too, it's the first time I seen this claim. Unlike HDMI, SDI doesn't have to deal with the whole HDCP/DRM thing either.
Overkill

Post by Overkill »

Extron RGB resolves the issue, with the "serr" dipswitch on. But I would like to keep my setup minimal. I think the Extron will have to stay for the moment
19880304xf

Post by 19880304xf »

I used my laptop which got VGA port to connect to Extron interface 160xi, then-->BVM D24.
It works, but will cause overload problem sometimes. No idea if there is something wrong with my D24 or not.
Kraq

Post by Kraq »

Fudoh wrote:An active sync combiner like an Extron RGB interface is the only solid solution.
Is '5 BNC with T-connector' not solid?

Post by 729 »

Kraq wrote:
Fudoh wrote:An active sync combiner like an Extron RGB interface is the only solid solution.
Is '5 BNC with T-connector' not solid?
I was looking to do something like this with my 14L5 since it can do 15khz/31khz. However, the computer I was planning to use is an older IBM model for DOS games.

Would this be acceptable or do I have to get an Extron?
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

729 wrote:I was looking to do something like this with my 14L5 since it can do 15khz/31khz. However, the computer I was planning to use is an older IBM model for DOS games.

T-connectors are like $2, so you have nothing to lose from trying.

Post by 729 »

BazookaBen wrote:
729 wrote:I was looking to do something like this with my 14L5 since it can do 15khz/31khz. However, the computer I was planning to use is an older IBM model for DOS games.

T-connectors are like $2, so you have nothing to lose from trying.
I have a bunch available in the house somewhere, but I haven't had the time to give it a whirl. I was just asking if anyone else did this before I go digging around to get the T-connectors, that's all. :?
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

729 wrote:I have a bunch available in the house somewhere, but I haven't had the time to give it a whirl. I was just asking if anyone else did this before I go digging around to get the T-connectors, that's all. :?
I've used a T-connector to hook up a PC to a 15kHz PVM and it worked great.

I did it with dreamcast too. I tricked it into 480i somehow through the VGA output on a VGA box, can't remember how I did it.