Inverting the RGB Image. Any Chance?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SAM

Inverting the RGB Image. Any Chance?

Post by SAM »

I know this is a long shot, but asked anyway.

Games that present in a vertical screen usually offer Tate mode by rotating the screen 90 degree anticlockwise. And so does out Tateable TV/RGB monitor/Arcade monitor is positioned. But are games like Namco Museum Collection, Capcom 1942, 1943 pack, etc. which offer Tate mode that rotate 90 degree clockwise. :evil:

Does there is any ways that we can inverts the RGB image signal via some kind of circuit build around a few IC chips?

The only other method I can thought of is adding a switch to swap the connection of the four wire connecting the yolk of your TV/Monitor... Bad idea? But this should work.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
D

Post by D »

Ask yourself what it is you want.

Keep in mind the aspect ratios and the diverse screen modes available on shmup ports.

Do you want to keep the aspect ratio or do you want the picture to be stretched?

Why?

There is at least one shmup that works with a 1:1 aspect ratio and that can be rotated.

At least my monitor will not be able to stretcgh the picture 4:3 or 3:4.

Good luck
dpful

Post by dpful »

I think switching the yolk wires is the only way.
And you have to be carefull, here's the configurations
normal
mirror image
upside down (like you want)
broken
you better do research first- I think it has do do with cutting the conector in the middle (where it hooks to the chasis) and swapping the sides. Swapping and rotating both for a mirror image perhaps?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Don't hack the yolk wires...at least not until you check the monitor chasis/pcb, as most already have a normal/reverse yolk plug. Just move the plug over to "reverse" to turn the picture upsidedown.

If you need to hack the yolk wires, be very carefull as it quite dangerous even with the monitor unplugged. Bob Roberts' website has a nice guide on how to do this.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Neo-geo.com had a thread on this, it has a pic and everything.

I remember the white connector was split down the middle, so you could just rotate it 180 degrees to make it turn upside down on the monitor.

I had about 5 PCB's that were upside down, all were non jamma PCB's.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
SAM

Post by SAM »

neorichieb1971 wrote:Neo-geo.com had a thread on this, it has a pic and everything.

I remember the white connector was split down the middle, so you could just rotate it 180 degrees to make it turn upside down on the monitor.

I had about 5 PCB's that were upside down, all were non jamma PCB's.
Yes, I found the tread. Thanks neorichieb1971.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103831

That's a way of doing it without mendling with the RGB singals.

But there is some voltage static changes on those wires, so you cannot change it like changing the console or PCBs.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
D

Post by D »

Sorry I misinterpreted your question.
As in I read it too fast.

I have the same problem, because for pacman for instance there is no way you can flip the screen.

On my Masterplay machine it somewhere had a yoke connection. it was possible to put the connector in two places. I put it in the other place and whadam, it worked!

Good luck your machine might have the same set-up. Check documentation my connector has 4 wires of which two black (probably ground)

I checked in my documentation and the vertical wires were switched and the horizontal wires where switched as well, probably logical when you think about it. But I'm not that sure about it. that's what I saw in my documentation. Well when you get a mirror image you'll know why! :wink:

Like the linked to article my plug was also very tight. But gently keep at it and it will come loose. Good luck!