GBA HDMI Adapter + RGB output (WIP)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Lawfer

Re: GBA HDMI Adapter + RGB output (WIP)

Post by Lawfer »

Did Woozle ever release this firmware to get the original GBA refresh rate? I can't find it anywhere.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Lawfer wrote:Did Woozle ever release this firmware to get the original GBA refresh rate? I can't find it anywhere.
That's a good question too. I don't think even the 60hz firmware is available. The manual tells you to go to game-tech's website for all firmware downloads, but there's nothing there as far as I can tell.
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

fernan1234 wrote:
Lawfer wrote:Did Woozle ever release this firmware to get the original GBA refresh rate? I can't find it anywhere.
That's a good question too. I don't think even the 60hz firmware is available. The manual tells you to go to game-tech's website for all firmware downloads, but there's nothing there as far as I can tell.
He mentioned a few months back that he was going to release two seperate firmwares, one for 60 Hz and one for 59.73 Hz, but then I never heard anything back from that since then.
Lawfer

Post by Lawfer »

Just wanted to mention that I just confirmed that the DVI+ Mode does not work even when going through the Extron DSC 301 HD as you get no audio out, that's on the v1.0.2 of the GBA Consolizer.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

Will it be possible to use an altera USB blaster to update the firmware on the GBAC?
stuntman

Post by stuntman »

I updated to firmware v1.1.0 (using a CH341A programmer) but I'm having a problem. The menu displays fine, but the output from the GBA screen is garbled and split into upper and lower halfs. I tried both DVI modes and checked the ribbon cable. The only thing I can think of to try next is revert to the original firmware, but I can't find it :(

Does anyone have a copy of the original firmware, or perhaps if you're about to upgrade could read it off the chip first?
Don't bomb. DON'T BOMB.
Damn! Should have bombed.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

stuntman wrote:I updated to firmware v1.1.0 (using a CH341A programmer) but I'm having a problem. The menu displays fine, but the output from the GBA screen is garbled and split into upper and lower halfs. I tried both DVI modes and checked the ribbon cable. The only thing I can think of to try next is revert to the original firmware, but I can't find it :(

Does anyone have a copy of the original firmware, or perhaps if you're about to upgrade could read it off the chip first?
Four months later, so you may have resolved your problem already. But I updated my firmware to 1.1.1 today and read/verified and saved the original 1.0.2 firmware. If you still need it I can upload a copy.
stuntman

Post by stuntman »

fernan1234 wrote:Four months later, so you may have resolved your problem already. But I updated my firmware to 1.1.1 today and read/verified and saved the original 1.0.2 firmware. If you still need it I can upload a copy.
Yes, please. It might not fix the issue, but it would be nice to try.
Don't bomb. DON'T BOMB.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

stuntman wrote:
fernan1234 wrote:Four months later, so you may have resolved your problem already. But I updated my firmware to 1.1.1 today and read/verified and saved the original 1.0.2 firmware. If you still need it I can upload a copy.
Yes, please. It might not fix the issue, but it would be nice to try.
Here's a download link. Should be good for 7 days: https://www.jetdrop.net/FFW2a7H3Auv#JwF ... gDkAhgBUgA

A few notes:
-I read this FW from the chip before flashing the new firmware, and verified the read file with the pre-update chip and it was a match, but I can't make any guarantees so proceed with caution.
-If you have the means to flash this FW you should also have the means to flash either 1.1.0 or 1.1.1, so you can also try to re-download them from Woozle's website if needed.
-I followed this video as a guide for the flashing process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU9xOarc4zI
The only thing in that guide that is lacking a bit is emphasizing that the pinout on the GBAC and the programmer do not align, so you have to make sure that each dupont cable is going to the correct path.

You also want to make sure that the two ribbon cables are connected properly to the GBAC board. If you have the LCD version you have to disassemble the console to get to the board for flashing.
Icelvlan

Post by Icelvlan »

What ever happened to the scart?
stuntman

Post by stuntman »

Thanks, fernan1234. I need to find the time to look at this properly...
Don't bomb. DON'T BOMB.