Supergun/JAMMA rig on LCD TV?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dylan1CC

Supergun/JAMMA rig on LCD TV?

Post by Dylan1CC »

Does anyone here use an LCD TV with their superguns (or custome jamma rig as in my case)? I figure it may be a great route to take for both my PCB and Saturn shmupping needs. Matt gave me a TV adaptor for my rig which I have used to hook up to my RCA stereo TV for Progear (not as bad as you think, really). The adaptor has a port for an S-Video cable so I figure playing Progear via S-video on an LCD TV would be stinkin' sweet. Plus they're light and should be easy to flip.
Neon

Post by Neon »

wouldn't the high res make the graphics worse?

anyways, just get a 15 khz RGB monitor, best quality :wink:
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

I have one, but it seems to be dying. :( Oh well, a replacement should be cheap. BTW neon, who is that in ur sig? Is that you?
Neon

Post by Neon »

It's from Band of Brothers, world war 2 miniseries. poorly written, but the battle scenes are great.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Ah, I see.
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

I've got one. Honetsly though, as my Mame set up is now better, I only use my super gun to play Ketsui, and the few IGS games I have. The graphics are definitely worse, but it really depends on the PCB when it comes down to it. It's still liveable I'd say, but I' would like to have a small RGB monitor I could stick in the closet when I'm not playing it.
Dave_K.

Re: Supergun/JAMMA rig on LCD TV?

Post by Dave_K. »

Dylan1CC wrote:Does anyone here use an LCD TV with their superguns (or custome jamma rig as in my case)? I figure it may be a great route to take for both my PCB and Saturn shmupping needs. Matt gave me a TV adaptor for my rig which I have used to hook up to my RCA stereo TV for Progear (not as bad as you think, really). The adaptor has a port for an S-Video cable so I figure playing Progear via S-video on an LCD TV would be stinkin' sweet. Plus they're light and should be easy to flip.
You should be able to route the PCB's native RGB signal directly to the LCD TV via the VGA port (most have one since they are also used with computers). Just hack a VGA extension cable. The picture will look much better than a converted s-video setup.