X-Box 360 - Territorial Encryption

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Halloween Jack

X-Box 360 - Territorial Encryption

Post by Halloween Jack »

Hi Guys,

Looking to make a pre-Christmas purchase, but can't make up my mind as to which flavour of console to go for.

Here in the UK, Raven Games are taking pre-orders on UK/US/Jap 360's, but having heard the announcement that territorial encryption will feature on the device, my initial choice of the UK model could be misguided.

If the quality 2D shooter's are to be released for the Jap model only, I guess it makes sense to preorder that one. The downside is the inability to make casual purchases at GAME or Woolies on a Saturday afternoon.

Just wondered if any fellow enthusiasts were going through a similar decision-making process, and what conclusions had been reached....

Cheers

Halloween Jack
benstylus

Post by benstylus »

Well, I'm not buying one at launch so that gives me a bit of leeway, but for right now, it will be the Japanese model, solely because of the shooters.

If the US gets these shooters (which they may or may not) I may change my mind, but generally speaking, the majority of shooters from the last 10 years have stayed Japan only.
You're arguing for a universe with fewer waffles in it. I'm prepared to call that cowardice.
Ord

Post by Ord »

Well the missus has pre-ordered one for me as a christmas prezzie, so that's cool. I'm probably going to buy a Japanese one ONLY when there are some decent shooters available for it. Senko No Ronde just doesn't appeal to me.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
Halloween Jack

Post by Halloween Jack »

Well, if everbody else is holding off for a while, I may well do the same.
Its only hearsay that 360 will become the shmup platform of choice, and its difficult to rule out the PS3. Perhaps I'll go for Chaos Field and Trizeal for Christmas gaming instead!

Cheers
Halloween Jack
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

OUCH! territory ENCRYPTION???

Damn... that sucks. i hope other companies don't follow their lead. it's by far the simplest way to kill off import gaming...
SAM

Post by SAM »

I never thought pre-ording console is a good idea. :o Since a new console got not much games and it used to be more costly to buy at the most beginning. Furthermore, you won't know it's game library worth your investment. (It turns out that all X-box shooters got release on another consoles.)

The only exception is Nintendo and Sega: if you want Zelda, Matriod, Mario, F-Zero, Kirby, get Nintendo's new console, you won't be letted down. For Sega, they used to build the home console using a modified arcade equirment, and this would gurenteen a higher amount of acrade ports.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
visuatrox

Post by visuatrox »

I advice waiting a few months before buying. At launch you pay more for the console, and historically launch systems have had all kinds of technical problems and quality issues.

So how is backward compatibility going to be?, I have a shikigami no shiro evolution that I have still not got to play :P