New Real arcade Pro 2, where to buy!?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
visuatrox

New Real arcade Pro 2, where to buy!?

Post by visuatrox »

Hori store is selling a new Real arcade Pro. 2, looking pretty similar to the limited ones they sold some months ago.

http://www.horistore.com/shop/item_detail.php?id=316

I want one of those, but is any retailer that ship worlwide selling these?
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

None that I am aware of. It is very difficult to order them in bulk, of course since it is only distributed through Horistore.com. Secondly, little to no profit can be made for the retailer.

BTW, this one is not so limited as the RAP SE/SA. As we can see it is still available after the release date. I wonder how long that will last.
visuatrox

Post by visuatrox »

Maybe this is eventually going to end up with normal retailers and replace the first Real Arcade Pro? It seems pretty much all places are sold out of Real Arcade Pros (except for the ones that are game themed).

I just can't understand Horis business tactics, there was a lot of demand for the special editions and they did not even fill all those orders. And why keep things exclusive for their store, I always thought that having a successfull business is about making money :P
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

I'd be interested in getting one if it shipped to the US and didn't have the exorbitant shipping rates that some retailers charge.

As for the limited quantity, perhaps it's to keep up their image as a premium 3rd party joystick maker? For example, Ferrari also gets far more demand than supply but seemingly does it to keep its cars unique and desirable (although each car takes quite some time to make being partially handmade and all).
SAM

Post by SAM »

I dinfinatly want to have one. I only got a Tekken 5 version.

P.S. - SCIII version of RAP is coming out too.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
bigbadboaz

Available at Play-Asia

Post by bigbadboaz »

For those interested, the HRAP 2 has appeared for order at Play-Asia:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-7 ... -10up.html

Unfortunately, the price is near double that of the original. It appears P-A is having to order them individually from the Hori Store just like any customer would. Personally, and to my surprise, I have found the button layout on the original HRAP to be more comfortable and practical. People may want to look into the new SC3 version:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-7 ... -10d7.html#

Again unfortunately, though it keeps the original button layout, the SC3 tie-in means the configuration will be wack. I wish they would just redo the first HRAP in the white/gray color scheme.
visuatrox

Post by visuatrox »

Thanks for letting us know. But wow that is expensive, did not expect that kind of price difference. To buy or not to buy, this really came at a bad time just when I'm low on money :?
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

I would wait it out. If you look on the Hori Store website, the price of the HRAP 2 is identical to the 1's. That price is only due to whatever hoops P-A is jumping through to get them. I'm sure there will be other versions of the stick available at the usual price in a reasonable amount of time. Hori will have to either get the first version back in the channel or make the new one available through standard outlets.
SAM

Post by SAM »

I wish to own an HRAP or HRAP 2 too, but at such a price I would have to give up... :? I like the button config of the previous version more too. :o I guess I would go for the bad looking SCIII RAP... :? Like the Takken 5 RAP, no auto fire again... :cry:
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

That SCIII RAP is going to be way too annoying having to change the buttons every single time...
SAM

Post by SAM »

Ganelon wrote:That SCIII RAP is going to be way too annoying having to change the buttons every single time...
Yup, if it's buttons are soldered on the PBC (of which very likely). :x Desoldering them takes some times :o , but those SANWA buttons we would most likely swop in won't fit to use the orginal PCB :? , and we would have to gut a PCB from another PS joypad... :evil: (though the base case of the RAP did have enough space for another PCB.)

If you had to gone through all that trouble, you better make your RAP an univisal joystick for all systems, that what my Takken 5 RAP becomes...

Well if you can satisfy by just swoping the joystick to LS-32, that can be easily done.
visuatrox

Post by visuatrox »

I decided to not get the stick too expensive for me now, hopefully it will show up cheaper eventually. I really should read the specifications on the upcoming PS3, wonder if there will be any way to use these arcade sticks on it.
SAM

Post by SAM »

visuatrox wrote:I really should read the specifications on the upcoming PS3, wonder if there will be any way to use these arcade sticks on it.
Yes, you can always gut the PCB of a PS3 controller and solder wires directly on each buttons and connect it to the acrade stick, as long as the control is digital, not analog.
TheRealNeoGeo

Post by TheRealNeoGeo »

I sell em for 106us$ + shipping (from Tokyo). If you want sanwabuttons or whatever with it I`ll include it in the package so everything is sent together.
Questions?
answer@arkadesticks.com
TheRealNeoGeo

Post by TheRealNeoGeo »

Also, my friend lives close to Akihabara so if anyone needs anything just ask me and I will ask him...
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

I think the RAP2 is getting a US release soon, only the major game retailers are not listing it. Check it out at VGO/SRK shop, $83 price point:

http://www.vgonetwork.com/article.asp?id=181
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Just curious but what leads you to believe that, oxtsu? VGO has always had a few RAPs lying about or some special deals (or rumors of special deals).

But yeah, anybody who wants a RAP2 should definitely spring on that $95 shipped deal from VGO since they'll probably run out eventually (though they may have another shipment later). You'll pretty much never find that good of a deal again for a new RAP.
SAM

Post by SAM »

The Hori RAP2 is just a RAP w/ build in auto fire, the joystick is Sanwa as the other RAP, but the buttons is till Hori. It might not worth the extra money you pay.

Just get a coming SCIII RAP, if you planed to convert it to use on other system.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Sure, find me a place that'll have the SCIII HRAP for under $90 shipped to the US and I'll buy it. If you can find one for under $120 shipped, I'll be shocked.

It may be a question whether or not any RAP is worth it when you can just get a crummier joystick and replace the buttons and stick but among RAPs, the cheapest I've ever found a new RAP in 3 years is $90 in the US without shipping. This deal is amazing for anybody in the US.

EDIT: Oh, and it appears that the SCIII buttons will be soldered in, which is definitely more annoying if you plan on switching the buttons.
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

Ganelon wrote:Just curious but what leads you to believe that, oxtsu? VGO has always had a few RAPs lying about or some special deals (or rumors of special deals).
A few things:

- The price is impossible if they had to purchase from Horistore and import from Japan.
- VGO is known to have a very close relationship with Hori USA.
- The other Hori USA items they have for pre-order like the DQ slime controller and FFXI clock. These can be found on the major games retailer website with the same release date.

Either way, to get the RAP2 in the US at the Japan retail price is awesome indeed.
SAM wrote:The Hori RAP2 is just a RAP w/ build in auto fire, the joystick is Sanwa as the other RAP, but the buttons is till Hori. It might not worth the extra money you pay.
Both have rapid fire. The difference is the control panel and button layout, same as 'Sega/etc' arcade standard and RAP SE/SA. Components should be the same as original RAP. The buttons are technically Hori, but the switches are Seimitsu. The ballers can easily replace with OBSF-30RG buttons or Seimitsu stick if need be.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

VGO is out of RAP2 pre-orders but is now offering a limited supply of RAP1's for $92 shipped within the US. Perfect for those who don't like the new button setup and don't mind the fingerprint mess that the RAP1 faceplate will become.