Component Supergun

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
captain ahar

Component Supergun

Post by captain ahar »

thinking about trying to get my hands on one of the above (so Dimahoo can finally get played).

but i read a bit about possible compatibility problems with the encoder into component, and am wondering how big a worry this is.

the main reason why i'm looking to just go with component (and not rgb) is, i figure i can just get another trinitron tv instead of having to track down a couple rgb monitors, so i can keep one vert and the other horizontal.

and having no fucking idea about electronics, i don't know about any "features" i might want/need.

thanks for the info everyone. i'd also appreciate some names, so i can inquire about pricing and whatnot. so i know how big the hits gonna be. :)

edit: bit of an aside as well, with the cps (and really, all other "cartridge" based systems) is it recommended to have a mobo for each game?
I have no sig whatsoever.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

RGB to Component transcoders are cheap (at least cheaper than component to RGB). There is one on ebay now for $50 but I think you can do better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Authority-VGA ... dZViewItem

Note: these devices were ment for progressive signals (VGA and above converter to HD component), but I believe AudioAuthority's box is also compatible with 15khz/480i component transcoding.
matt

Post by matt »

The AA box works fine at whatever scanrate, but I haven't had much luck getting the sync signals from PCBs and consoles to work properly with it. This might depend on your TV, also.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I have a supergun in my possession that works through component video.

The only problem is that the resister in the audio has come undone and snapped off through twisting the cables into the RCA jack. At the moment its sending amplified audio to the TV which is not good. But a bit of soldering and a resister and your done.

If you can fix that you can buy it from me.

Basically what you would be getting is -

Supergun made with neo sticks in mind, PSU is a PC unit
Has the select button wired for coins or the 5th ATW button via a switch
Stereo output on audio
External RGB to component transcoder via Neo geo SCART lead

I played quite a few games through it before the resister came undone and it works really really well. Picture quality is really sharp.

All you need is some neo sticks, I have 2 which are gamers quality.

If anyone wants to buy it let me know.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
SAM

Post by SAM »

Dave_K. wrote:RGB to Component transcoders are cheap (at least cheaper than component to RGB). There is one on ebay now for $50 but I think you can do better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Authority-VGA ... dZViewItem

Note: these devices were ment for progressive signals (VGA and above converter to HD component), but I believe AudioAuthority's box is also compatible with 15khz/480i component transcoding.
I got somthing similar:

http://www.gamechoiceclub.com/navigateP ... ct_id=5120

I use it to connect my DVD player to Computer Monitor using progressive scan. Wonderful picture. This device can convert progressive scan only.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*