Need help with Jaleco Mega 32 system please

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
dpful

Need help with Jaleco Mega 32 system please

Post by dpful »

Does anyone have some feedback about this-

I got a Jaleco mega 32 and it resets at random times.
It's the same with all carts- flexing the board and pressing the chips, I can't get it to do it, it's random :? . The screen flashes white, makes a noise and then it reboots.
When I got it, I thought it must be a power issue (not enough or too much), but later, when I adjusted the 5v. I couldn't get it to reset or freeze or anything- tried playing it with lower and higher voltage and the reseting is still random. Sometimes it's after 5 minutes, sometimes after 30. Also seems to only be while I'm bashing buttons- never while it's sitting there.

Do these boards have a replutation for this? I guess I've got to send it back, but I thought I'd ask first. Shipping from U.S. to Japan is a bitch.
undamned

Re: Need help with Jaleco Mega 32 system please

Post by undamned »

dpful wrote:Do these boards have a replutation for this?
Not in my experience. I've owned/used probably 4 Mega 32 mobos w/o a hitch.
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
D

Post by D »

dpful wrote:Also seems to only be while I'm bashing buttons- never while it's sitting there.
Check the cabling especially the control wires, maybe they're just short circuiting or touching other wires somewhere.

Try to find out which buttons do this try to find a way to reboot it, once you have found the way check especially those wires.

*waiting for someone who knows more about cabs*

You do have a cab right?

Perhaps change the topic as it might not have anything to do with the Jaleco 32 board.
dpful

Post by dpful »

I think it's just the mega 32. Although I thought about buttons short ciruiting with something else. It does the same thing on 2 different cabs (other games work fine). Maybe it's some component on the controller section of the board that has failed and causes surges? (I can't help the feeling that it's when I press more than one button at once).

Anyways, cheers to Toshiki at fillmore games who where very appologetic and just dropped a line saying that another board was on the way! Their prices are generally high, but their service has always been phenomenal.
undamned

Post by undamned »

dpful wrote:fillmore games
I think that was where I got my first Mega 32 games :D Smoking deal, too. I think Game Paradise and Gratia were $50 a piece. No art, but shoot.
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love