Raiden Fighters MONO or stereo or LR stereo

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
D

Raiden Fighters MONO or stereo or LR stereo

Post by D »

I think that it's just LR stereo i.e. the same signal on both L and R and therefor the pcb's jumper is by default in the mono position because it doesn't matter, right?

I hope somebody can prove me wrong and tell me that it indeed has got killer true Stereo sound, I will get soldering like a madman. 8)

Since my Jamma harnas is made for MONO only :cry:
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L »

Yes.. Raiden Fighters do have true stereosound :D
MKL

Re: Raiden Fighters MONO or stereo or LR stereo

Post by MKL »

D wrote:Since my Jamma harnas is made for MONO only :cry:
Jamma harnesses wired for stereo do not exist. Seibu SPI motherboards output stereo from an auxiliary connector located near the heat sink.
kemical

Post by kemical »

killer stereo, although viper's got the best music of the spi shooters.. ;)

the only thing that is a pain is balancing the L and R channel, since there is a vol pot for both.

there is a 4 pin connector though, it should have L and R printed on the pcb if i remember, you can use one of those CD analog to sound card connectors to wire it up since those should fit perfectly on there.

I ended up using some hard drive power connectors for making a kind of universal sound harness, there is a 4 pin male connector goin to the speakers.. then i have my jamma harness mono going to a 4 pin female.. and then another seperate connector with a 4 pin female.. that splits off into various connector ends for stereo boards.. + rca plugs for cps2.
D

Post by D »

WOW thank you guys, I will get cracking, I saw those outputs on the board. Jamma does not support stereo? huh?

OK thanks, thanks also for the tip on the connectors.

If it wasn't for you I would be playing in mono 4 eva.

You see on RFE (Raiden Fighter Emporium I read that the sample could only be mono, so I assumed it was Mono only, OK I'm so happy :D
D

Post by D »

Did it.

I have a no solder solution for everyone,

Indeed use one of those computer cd analog little cables.

with a pointy icepick type of tool (useually comes with a set of those small screwdrivers)

from the sides of the cd analog cable poke out the contacts.

put those contacts directly on the cable that goes into the cabinets R speaker out.

Voila, no soldering easy as 1-2-3

*almost motivated to put a section about it on my site 8) *
D

Post by D »

My seibu motherboard does not have mono/stereo jumper. or anyway it is not visible perhaps it is underneath the game somewhere.

any thoughts? so through the jamma harness goes combined stereo into one signal?

Perhaps right now I got combined stereo on my left speaker and Right on my right speaker. sounds reasonable to me. OK how do I test for real stereo, why RF1 have no sounds output options?
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L »

First here is a pic of the stereo connector:

You see it is marked 1 on the left side and 4 on the right side, thats the pin numbers.
So beginning from left (pin 1) is "L speaker +" and then pin 2 is "L speaker -" (aka ground) then pin 3 is "R speaker +" and finally pin 4 is "R speaker -".
Thats where you should connect your speakercables, the speakers must be 8 ohm each.

Then as you did not see the jumper that changes between stereo/mono i presume you have the small version of the SPI-motherboard. It only has one jumper on it and thats for stereo/mono switching (underneath the cartridge).

If you look at the following picture link:
SPI stereo/mono jumper photo

It shows the position the jumper should be in for stereo sound :)

I hope this helps :wink:
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

Stefan_L wrote:
You see it is marked 1 on the left side and 4 on the right side, thats the pin numbers.
So beginning from left (pin 1) is "L speaker +" and then pin 2 is "L speaker -" (aka ground) then pin 3 is "R speaker +" and finally pin 4 is "R speaker -".
Thats where you should connect your speakercables, the speakers must be 8 ohm each.
Do you have some documentation on that pinout? I wonder if it is correct given that most stereo connectors are pinned +/-/-/+ (MVS, G-Net, etc.)
D

Post by D »

Thanks Stefan_L I really really appreciate it, thanks
Nice collection you got there

oxtsu wrote:
Stefan_L wrote:
Do you have some documentation on that pinout? I wonder if it is correct given that most stereo connectors are pinned +/-/-/+ (MVS, G-Net, etc.)
documentation: All raiden fighters manuals:
http://www.world-of-arcades.com/APPA_Index_137714.htm