Samsung Syncmaster 1100DF contrast issue

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
YONKE

Samsung Syncmaster 1100DF contrast issue

Post by YONKE »

A few days ago i got this monitor for the great price of free , its a nice 20 inches VGA (also have bnc port) CRT that i have in mind using it for my Dreamcast , xb360 & some ps2 with my hdbox.
The picture its crystal clear but the contrast its very low for my taste and im looking its there's a way to incremented via service menu or tweaking some service contrast pot , i tried to look for the service manual to see if it have some kind of service menu but haven't found anything , very carefully i open it to see if i can find some contrast pot inside and just found this ones , one its h/v focus and the other im not sure if its geometry.

I have found a way to get a little bit more contrast with Highlight Zone function (which you can make a few adjustment to selected zone) , i Highlighted all the display and this way i gained a little bit of contrast , i know is not the best way but at least it works a little bit between i found another way to fix this.

Also i found you can make some adjustment via the USB port it have with a software called MouScreen that use to be bundle with the drivers on the CD but cant find it anywhere to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE : after a some intensive searching i found the mouscreen 2.0 software and i was able to make a few adjustments via USB port, i fell the range of contrast & brigthess its a little bit larger with this software and it looks better. Played some xb360 Ikaruga on it at 1024x768 settings and it looked great , i tried 640 X 480 and it doesn't look crystal clear as in my dreamcast on the same monitor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here some picture of inside my monitor.

any ideas how to gain more contrast?
Club Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles de Caliente. FUERZA TIJUAS!
tongshadow

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 1100DF contrast issue

Post by tongshadow »

It's possible by driving up the RGB Gain and ABL limits through the service menu, but it's a colossal pain in the ass to adjust these Samsung monitors because you need tons of legacy hardware and soldering skills.