Video Sync Seperator Chip, LM1881/GS1881/GS4881/GS4981

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SAM

Video Sync Seperator Chip, LM1881/GS1881/GS4881/GS4981

Post by SAM »

I have recently purchased an arcade mechine monitor. I can connect my MegaDrive, Saturn, Dreamcast, Supergun to it via RGB successfully. :) But I found problem with my PS1/PS2. :?

After some research, I figure out that the PS1/PS2 only does not got direct composit sync output. :idea: I need to extract the composit sync singal from the composit vedion output.

To do so I would need to build a simple circuit using a Video Sync Seperator Chip as follow.

http://www.gamesx.com/misctech/lm1881.htm

The problem is I cannot found any of these chips LM1881/GS1881/GS4881/GS4981 at the local stores. (Its stucks to be living on a tiny island... :roll: )

Can any of you provide me with IC numbers of identical chips from different vendors? Or got some spare ones to sell?
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

SAM

Post by SAM »

Thank you Dave_K. I was able to found it in a local radio store. :)

I can now connect my PS1/PS2 to my new Acrade monitor. :D

Wow... the picture is wonderful.
  • Gunbird 2 inprove a lot,
  • while mushihimesama doesn't improve much.
  • Screens of ESPgaluda and DDP DOJ just look like the same thing in the acrade.

I never imegin that the Saturn can displays such a betiful pictures (connecting it to the acrade monitor). I finally realize how bad the vedio encoding chips within the Saturn are. I begin to wonder, if I built an external vedio encoder (RGB -> Component or S-Vedio) and do the vedio encoding myself, would be picture of Saturn improves on my TV?

Any experiance with this idea? Anyone done it before?
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*