X-RGB 2 supported horizontal frequencies

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Blue Lander

X-RGB 2 supported horizontal frequencies

Post by Blue Lander »

As far as I know the X-RGB 2 works only with a 15khz video signal. But I'm curious if it supports 24khz horizontal frequency, since I'd like to use it with my X68000 and FM Towns. Does anybody know if this is possible?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

The manual statest 15khz input only.
Blue Lander

Post by Blue Lander »

Damn! Thanks for the info. Does anybody know of any upscan converter that does support 24khz mode? Maybe I should just buy a multi-resolution arcade monitor.
raiden

Post by raiden »

to convert 24khz into 15 or 31khz, a simple upscan procedure wouldn´t suffice. Upscan is also called line doubling, as that is what it does, basically. Such a circuit isn´t that complicated. But to convert 24khz, you need to process the whole picture and convert it to a different resolution. Even if it works, you will get the kind of bad quality known as scaling, with missing or double pixels all over the screen. Even if there are devices able to perform that task, getting a multiscan monitor is the better solution. If you don´t care too much for size, the Amiga monitors are a very cheap solution, while arcade multiscan monitors are rather expensive. Still less expensive than such a converter, I´d guess, and giving better quality at the same time.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

29" (27" viewable) Betson Imperial Multisync monitors were on sale for $400 at the end of last year. Supports 15khz thru 38khz.
NFG

Just so you know...

Post by NFG »

Almost no X68 software runs at 24kHz. I've yet to see a game that does.
Please stop confusing your opinion with fact.