Where to buy your RGB cables and what to look for

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
viletim

Re: Where to buy your RGB cables and what to look for

Post by viletim »

borti4938 wrote:I don't have a imgur account and also don't want to create one... So - someone else?
viletim wrote:
blizzz wrote:Does the same apply to a PAL SNES cable? All cables I've seen so far had the resistors inside the SCART plug.
They are not series resistors, but a double termination. I think it's better to put them in the console end too. Less video signal current flows through ground wire of the cable this way. That means less video signal is coupled into the audio through the ground (conducted ground coupling).
Personally I would try to add 36ohm resistors in series inside the MultiAV plug instead of 75ohm to ground. This reduces the overall floating current.
The 1chip PAL SNES output is designed with 39ohm output impedance. With the 3chip PAL SNES it is not that easy as there are diodes inside the output lines (cathode directed to output) with 30ohm in series afterwards. But also here 36ohm should be close to be a correct matching.
What do you think about that approach?
It's been tried before. There's info buried in the Gamesx forums about it. It doesn't work in practice because Nintendo changed the RGB output circuit over time. The only way to be compatible with all of them it to use the 75 ohm resistor in parallel to ground.
rtw

Post by rtw »

borti4938 wrote:http://imgur.com/a/BAgei
Thank you :D
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
antrasporus

Post by antrasporus »

can someone PM me the contact to thefoo83? I would like to buy a cable from him.
I also wrote him a PM.
If I buy some cables I will review them here.
Thanks.

Edit: I wrote him now a pm and not before, had to wait for authentification, did not know this before.