shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:11 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1832 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62
 Post subject: Re: GBS 8200/8220 CFW Project
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:42 am 

TomDD wrote:
retromaniak wrote:
TomDD - Maybe if you had some time you be able to create a 3D housing model based on this project? I'm asking because at least in my opinion this is one of the most beautiful enclosures I found on the internet, and unfortunately the person responsible for the project has never shared 3D model.
https://imgur.com/r/crtgaming/ue7pV

I'll take a look but I'm pretty happy with my current box so won't promise anything.

I'm not saying that your current box is ugly or non-functional. I just thought that if possible, instead of the not very popular DIN connector, you could use a much more popular (at least in Europe) SCART connector or professional BNC connectors. I just thought you could redesign it a bit. Of course, if you only would like to do it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: GBS 8200/8220 CFW Project
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:15 am 

retromaniak wrote:
TomDD wrote:
retromaniak wrote:
TomDD - Maybe if you had some time you be able to create a 3D housing model based on this project? I'm asking because at least in my opinion this is one of the most beautiful enclosures I found on the internet, and unfortunately the person responsible for the project has never shared 3D model.
https://imgur.com/r/crtgaming/ue7pV

I'll take a look but I'm pretty happy with my current box so won't promise anything.

I'm not saying that your current box is ugly or non-functional. I just thought that if possible, instead of the not very popular DIN connector, you could use a much more popular (at least in Europe) SCART connector or professional BNC connectors. I just thought you could redesign it a bit. Of course, if you only would like to do it.

Don't worry I wasn't offended :-) I just said that as it is a lot of work to design and get the box to fit right from scratch, soo much easy to mod one that is already done. Also my design already has SCART input and I use it for 90% of my connections. My initial design just fed in the SCART cable, I did then think of mounting a SCART socket directly onto the box but they are just too large really and would require the box being even wider or taller.

A compromise was using the 6pin DIN as a detachable input socket. A lot of retro computers use it as standard and you can easily still buy the sockets and cables cheap. I created a SCART to 6pin DIN connector which works great but you could easily just bypass the 6pin DIN and use the hole to feed in a SCART cable. Granted the hole is probably a little too large but I can make it smaller easily enough.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1832 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62