shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:55 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
 Post subject: Re: GBS 8200/8220 CFW Project
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:51 pm 

If you find out what the problem was, please let me know.
Best of luck! :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:57 pm 

Shiver_169 wrote:
Quote:
Obviously when it happened what I said, I tried to connect to http://gbscontrol.com

Be careful as some browsers tend to autocomplete and add the .com if you just type gbscontrol
IIRC on my phone I have to fully write
Code:
http://gbscontrol

to not trigger autocomplete

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:45 pm 

Not sure if you guys are using your phones to access, or trying to do it from a desktop, but I've found direct-connecting to the web ui via phone is the easiest way. On my network, my wireless router in my work area issues IP addresses in a different range from the hard-wired network, so I can't get to a wireless device (aka GBS/ESP) from a hard-wired desktop.

But, whenever the GBS is powered, I simply turn off wifi on my phone and turn it back on, and the phone automatically connects to the gbscontrol wifi network. I have a shortcut setup on my home screen for the gbs web ui. So, the process is simply:

Power on GBS/ESP
Disable->enable wifi on phone
Tap on shortcut to CFW web ui

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:57 am 

Hello again.

Well I have already tried with what I have been told and I definitely think that the problem is in my home network or that there is a lot of electronic interference at home. And is that in the office after what I told them connect again the ESP8266 and I could see the network "gbscontrol" and connect to it, and as I understand if the data had already been stored in my home network this was no longer possible. I'm thinking maybe the network that I have at home is a problem and that is that I used a network through my cable company and I do not have a modem as such to connect the signal box generates wifi signal and then I connect my devices. I do not know if this is affecting the not being able to connect to ESP8266 although it is supposed that the network that this emits should be sufficient. I hope you can support me why I just do not know what to do anymore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 am 

Rama, could you maybe update your install guide with some of the newer hardware modifications on the last few pages?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 pm 

Shiver_169:
Do what NoAffinity suggested.
Wipe your WiFi settings once more, then simply don't connect the GBS to your home network.
The device will stay in AP mode, providing the 'gbscontrol' network.
You can use your mobile phone to configure settings.

AndehX:
When I have time for it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:14 am 

rama wrote:
Shiver_169:
Do what NoAffinity suggested.
Wipe your WiFi settings once more, then simply don't connect the GBS to your home network.
The device will stay in AP mode, providing the 'gbscontrol' network.
You can use your mobile phone to configure settings

Ok I tried again this time with a little time at home what I did was install everything in my home computer and re-install the ESP8266 and did what they told me I did not connect it to my network I just tried to find the gbscontrol network and it worked very well all. I really appreciate your help.

Now, since this is excellent, I would like to ask you if it is possible to connect a VGA to HDMI converter to the GBS output or if you have already tested the CFW on the board that converts to HDMI and how does it work there?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:23 pm 

VGA to HDMI converters work perfectly, yes :) (both, the HDMI GBS8200 version and a regular board with external converter)
Since this question is asked a lot: Yes, the HDMI delivery means that many TV now display at 16:9 by default.
Unless the TV has an override to 4:3 mode (most do), the image will be 16:9 and there's nothing gbs-control can do about it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:20 pm 

Hey rama,

Just a quick circle-back on testing component in -> component out. I'm sure I was doing something wrong when testing it before, as it's working perfectly now. I fed some PS2 480i into the GBS, and some pretty good 480p and 720p came out. Pass through didn't work, and the 1280 profiles didn't work, but the 1280's not working is likely the shortcoming of the one HD TV with component input that I have access to and was testing with.

Just wanted to close the loop on that, as the issue was clearly on my end.

The deinterlacing doesn't look too bad either. Playing some Hyper Street Fighter 2 and Outrun 2 Coast to Coast, it was very good. Playing Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2, the quality suffered, noticeably heavy combing on drop shadows...but this collection does a pretty terrible job of providing good aesthetics from its ports. Even the Xbox version, set to 480p, going through OSSC or direct to HDTV, doesn't look great.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46