1943 arcade cab project (UPDATE: 2 PLAYER WORKING!)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Jedah Doma

Post by Jedah Doma »

Well, things are really finished as far as I'm concerned. I've gotten everything working, and the rest os detail work that can be finished later. The only thing I want to do it to clean all the dust out of th inside. I was thinking about getting some of that canned air, but does anyone have any better ideas?

Great people I've had deals with:
superhitachi4, KyleRXZero, Canadianzombie, Wanderer, and Strider77.
japtor

Post by japtor »

Jedah Doma wrote:The only thing I want to do it to clean all the dust out of th inside. I was thinking about getting some of that canned air, but does anyone have any better ideas?
leave it!

yeah i have no better idea. i just left the deep insides of mine as is, and i couldnt really tell what was all that dirty or not. just cleaned the easy parts, under the control panel, and whatever i could reach under the screen frame/upper half.
D

Post by D »

Ehrm,..........

I don't want to bust the party, but.
Fix the cab to the original state as much as possible and sell it on ebay for 1000 $ bucks.

Wth that money buy a candy cab with DDP and buy another cab for the church, explain the story, you won't feel so guilty (depending on your age)
the monitor is small, sell it. If I was a has-been rock star with some $'s to spare I'd buy it. The artwork on the front of the cab looks brilliant.

Anyway just check what the machine might be worth in that condition, you might be surprised.

And Oh yeah, YOU are so not worthy :lol: Who would be for an original 1943 cab?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

D wrote:Ehrm,..........

I don't want to bust the party, but.
Fix the cab to the original state as much as possible and sell it on ebay for 1000 $ bucks.
Similar complete 1943 cab just sold on ebay for $200.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CAPCOM-ROMSTAR-1943 ... dZViewItem

I see two more out there for $599 but they are not selling.

I would keep it.