HDMI to Component?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
evil_ash_xero

HDMI to Component?

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I have an Xbox 360 E. Doesn't have component out.

What can I do about this? Is there a converter that has no lag (VERY important)? Or just a simple cable?

Also, what about the sound issue?

EDIT: Something like this, but I want to make sure it has no lag, and is of high quality.
http://www.amazon.com/E-More%C2%AE-Comp ... nent+cable
Sixfortyfive

Re: HDMI to Component?

Post by Sixfortyfive »

The HD Fury series is nice, and from personal testing the HD Fury 2 doesn't have any lag, but those aren't always easy to find and I don't think they're cheap.
austin532

Post by austin532 »

Why did you go with the E model if I might ask? The budget model of systems are usually cheaply made and are missing several features to cut costs. Still removing Component is taking it a bit far Microsoft. If someone is buying a cheap system they probably don't have a HDTV and need to use Composite or Component rather than HDMI.

I would swap systems and go with the S model instead if possible.
Framemeister 240p scanline settings: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... start=9600
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

Are you going to be playing anything at 480i, or only HD resolutions? I don't think you can even do 480i over HDMI.

So I'll just echo everybody else, get rid of the E model and go for an S. The S has VGA and RGBs support as well, so you can't really go wrong with it. Also has optical audio out, if you need that.
austin532

Post by austin532 »

I'm pretty sure HDMI supports 480i but I don't think the 360 supports it.
Component on 360 supports 480i - 1080i
VGA on 360 supports 640 x 480 - 1920 x 1080
Framemeister 240p scanline settings: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... start=9600
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I'll be playing the games at 720, probably. I'm just trying to add scanlines to some of the Cave games. Make the upscaled backgrounds mesh better with the foregrounds.

So, HD Fury 2, is the only option?

I'm looking at one now. It doesn't look like it has component out, or analog out, but it says it does. Must have custom cables or something.

What about this thing? http://www.hdfury.com/shop/gamer/hdfury ... component/

And I'm not getting rid of it, and getting an S. That's a great idea, but I would be losing money getting a new JP system, and then selling this one for peanuts. I'll just stick with the converter.
Sixfortyfive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

evil_ash_xero wrote:So, HD Fury 2, is the only option?

I'm looking at one now. It doesn't look like it has component out, or analog out, but it says it does. Must have custom cables or something.
The unit itself is HDMI-to-VGA, but it comes with a small component adapter cable that plugs into the VGA side. There's a switch on the side of the device to choose between RGBHV or YPbPr for the output.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

I use an HD Fury III with a high end (older) display and it's superb.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

Yeah, don't get the Gamer Edition, get the regular HDFury 2, it can switch between component or VGA. In component mode, the RGB lines will switch to YPbPr. They company makes some high end leads you can use, though you can use some third party extension cables if you want. I guess if you can find a deal on the Gamer 2 YUV, then you can go for it.

If you can afford it, the HDFury 3 can do more stuff (stuff that may or may not be useful to you). It has spdif 5.1 support to, which is good if you're stereo receiver doesn't have HDMI in.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Thanks for the info!