shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55
 Post subject: Re: Cloning the Gamecube component cable
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:05 pm 

Clean setup! I ended up using the multiout to send H/V for VGA and a custom cable. If I'm ever back working on the inside of my GCN I may add a DSUB-15 port like that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:31 pm 

Anybody here successfully modded this onto a DOL-101 cube? I have one just sitting around and this mod would make it worthwile.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 pm 

BazookaBen wrote:
Anybody here successfully modded this onto a DOL-101 cube? I have one just sitting around and this mod would make it worthwile.

I got a stack of gamecube motherboards here that came from units with dead DVD drive of cracked case. If I ever get a DOL-101, I just swap the MB and back plate with one from a DOL-001.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:55 am 

ShadowofBob wrote:
Clean setup! I ended up using the multiout to send H/V for VGA and a custom cable. If I'm ever back working on the inside of my GCN I may add a DSUB-15 port like that.

Thanks, the trick to getting a neat vga hole is heating up a spare plug and slowly melting it through the plastic case.

To fit it there you need to shave the lid switch pcb down to the switch and melt some of its support away, but it does not change the structural integrity of the switch or it's mounting which is a bonus.

This is all I took of the install sorry.
https://imgur.com/a/UTv1q

I'll probably open the poor thing again today and add a stereo headphone jack to route sound instead of using a breakout off my scart lead.
https://imgur.com/LkYLNR3

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:11 pm 

BazookaBen wrote:

Its possible, but not in the current GCDual's state. If DOL-001 were rare and expensive I'd have something already for the 101. But since a decent 001 can be picked up easily and fairly cheap, I don't think its worth the effort.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 pm 

I have seen requests for DOL-101's .. for special addition gamecube's that only came out as 101's. But even those can be converted to 001. Special edition is just a different case on outside. Swap PCB, Swap AC PCB, Swap back plate. You're done.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55