The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
DantesInferno

PS2 Saturn pad hits streets on March 24th

Post by DantesInferno »

BLAM!!

Click it!
Neon

Post by Neon »

*drools* where can I preorder? Doesn't seem to be listed at playasia.
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

Not sure yet..they have a really wicked Virtua Stick too coming out the same day..

Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Wow, it's nice. I just ordered two Sega USB control pads. I may have to order the PS2 pad as well.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Sweet, my left thumb'll thank me when I order this.
bigbadboaz

Preordered today!

Post by bigbadboaz »

Bump. These appeared for preorder today at NCS and Play-Asia. They're only $32 and change at P-A and I was amazed to see I could get a pair shipped to the US for only $8. So I ordered a pair for under $80. Pretty freaking awesome after months of anticipation.

Now to see which is the truth about these reissues - some say they're wonderful; others claim they don't feel anything like the originals (PC USB version). God I hope I'm not disappointed.

Tempted by that Virtua Stick too, but I can't really justify it when I'm waiting on a Hori Real Arcade Pro Special Edition...
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Which RAP Special did you order?

My friend in Japan pre-ordered the Seimitsu SPECIAL EDITION for me. This is the preferred stick for Japanese shmups fans.

I already own a Hori RAP which I'm going to mod with Sanwa buttons as soon as the buttons arrive from himura games.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

does anyone know if those SE Rap sticks are going to be available on Play-Asia or NCSX or anything?
I have no sig whatsoever.
bigbadboaz

RAP SE

Post by bigbadboaz »

Yeah, I want the Seimitsu RAP as well. I haven't actually ordered yet; I'm waiting on them to be "pre-orderable" somewhere. Isn't the release not until the end of March?

I have heard NCS will be stocking them, but I really don't know for sure.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

The Seimitsu Special Edition comes out on March 31. I asked NCSX earlier and they stated they intend to allow pre-orders of the Special Addition and Special Edition.

Since these are limited edition sticks and since the pre-orders closed in Japan, it's anyone's guess on what's going to happen.
bigbadboaz

RAP

Post by bigbadboaz »

Hey Cugel, is the top of the RAP sloped like a Namco stick? I'm having a hard time telling from pictures if it has a sloped surface or if the base has a trapezoidal shape. If it IS sloped, the thing should be damn near perfect.

How's the Sanwa in the original model? Sure hope the Seimitsu is indeed preferable.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

bigbadboaz,

Yes, the Hori RAP is slightly sloped. The Special Edition uses the same design except for color and components. I wouldn't say it's as angled as an X-Arcade or Hanaho but it's ergonomic enough.

When I play shmups, I have the Hori RAP sitting on my keyboard tray (perfect fit and height). I can play either MAME (via USB adapter) or my PS2 (dodonpachi dai-ou-jou) via my Hori Upscan Converter 2 (excellent product btw).

The Japanese shmups fans are raving about the Seimitsu stick. They claim it's more accurate and sensitive than the Sanwa. Sanwa is nothing to sneeze at. The Sanwa stick in the Hori RAP is looser but much more sensitive than the Happ Supers. Heck, after playiing with the Sanwa I can truly say that I can't go back to Happ Supers. I'll keep my Hanaho to play Robotron and Crazy Climber and old 80s arcade games, but I'll use my Hori RAP for everything else.

The buttons on the Hori RAP are good, but I've ordered Sanwa buttons as replacements.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Thanks for the info, C. Very much looking forward to this stick.

I am now done hijacking the thread. :wink: