interesting 3 screen setup..

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
kemical

interesting 3 screen setup..

Post by kemical »

Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Three 5.6" LCD screens doesen't really excite me, but it is interesting how they used the one sided mirror to blend the 3 together. I wonder what aspect ratio this now becomes?
subcons

Post by subcons »

Hell yeah. I'd rock some Ninja Warriors on that setup. :D
PC Engine Fan X!

Is this 3 LCD screen setup used w/ Taito Darius 2 or NW PCB?

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

After looking at the three LCD screen setup, I recall that on the original Taito arcade cabinets of Darius II and Ninja Warriors, they used actual arcade RGB monitors that were a bit smaller for the "ultra-wide" screen setup. I've always wondered how Taito managed to pull the three screen setup on both the Darius II & Ninja Warriors arcade games.

I recall seen the three screen setup of Namco's polygonal arcade racing game of "Driver's Eyes"...three high resolution monitors side by side (although there was the unsightly monitor gaps that marred the overall graphical presentation...I'd have to say Taito's answer to the three screen display setup looks better because of the seamless integration of all three screens without the "ugly monitor screen gap issues".

Now about the Yahoo Japan auction for the three LCD screen display setup, is it setup for real Taito Darius II or Ninja Warriors arcade PCBs or just for MAME anyways?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~