shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 2:05 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:24 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1315
Location: US, MI
snowekim wrote:
So it seems the problem is the comp2rgb with gscartsw, you know if there are some known compatibility issues with these 2? Or is the noise signal (when no active signal) expected when the comp2rgb is in the chain?

This is expected and was explained in this thread before.

EDIT: TL;DR this is side effect from two minor issues:
1. comp2rgb sets logic high when no input is connected
2. when searching for signal gscartsw / gcompsw doesn't turn off video output
When two conditions are met you get some form of signal which looks like sync and gets detected by some equipment.
This is side effect, it's not going to damage anything and it doesn't make much sense to keep your TV on when not a single console is active.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:47 pm 



Joined: 21 Jul 2019
Posts: 10
superg wrote:
snowekim wrote:
So it seems the problem is the comp2rgb with gscartsw, you know if there are some known compatibility issues with these 2? Or is the noise signal (when no active signal) expected when the comp2rgb is in the chain?

This is expected and was explained in this thread before.

EDIT: TL;DR this is side effect from two minor issues:
1. comp2rgb sets logic high when no input is connected
2. when searching for signal gscartsw / gcompsw doesn't turn off video output
When two conditions are met you get some form of signal which looks like sync and gets detected by some equipment.
This is side effect, it's not going to damage anything and it doesn't make much sense to keep your TV on when not a single console is active.


It's good to know it's working as expected and it won't damage my equipment.

Thanks for the prompt reply!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 am 


User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2020
Posts: 1
I'm using the gcompsw version 5.2 and noticed an issue where if i have more than 1 console plugged into the chain, it'll only switch to the first console in the chain and nothing else unless I reset my surge protector and then it'll switch normally.

I have the Wii plugged into the first imput but I also have a SNES and GameCube plugged into it. All of my cables except the Wii are HD Retrovision cables.

Is it possible I might just have crap cables that somehow take over the entire chain? I'm stumped on a solution. Any help would be great as I really enjoy my gcompsw. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:10 pm 



Joined: 05 Dec 2012
Posts: 486
snowekim wrote:
So it seems the problem is the comp2rgb with gscartsw, you know if there are some known compatibility issues with these 2? Or is the noise signal (when no active signal) expected when the comp2rgb is in the chain?

The Comp2RGB might always be outputting a signal, which would cause the auto-detection to activate. Try unplugging the power from the Comp2RGB and see if that fixes the issue. If so, an easy short-term solution might just be one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072ZS12QY


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:46 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2017
Posts: 7
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Hi all,

Apologies if there's a list somewhere (and if so please point me in the direction), but beyond superg's supergun warning, I wanted to see if the community was aware of any additional hardware/cables that should be steered clear of for use with the gcompsw. I'm hopefully getting mine sometime in the next week and my current planned setup includes:

Sony KV-27FV300 connected to gcompsw (BlueRigger component cables)

Connected to gcompsw:
Genesis Model 1 via Retro Gaming Cables component cable
SNES via HD Retrovision component cable
GameCube via Carby component cable
Xbox via tk's custom component cable
PS2 via HD Retrovision component cable
Sharp FC Twin via composite
NES via composite

That all seems pretty standard, but I figure better to ask and be safe than sorry. Thanks for your assistance!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:13 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1315
Location: US, MI
superboredom wrote:
Hi all,

Apologies if there's a list somewhere (and if so please point me in the direction), but beyond superg's supergun warning, I wanted to see if the community was aware of any additional hardware/cables that should be steered clear of for use with the gcompsw. I'm hopefully getting mine sometime in the next week and my current planned setup includes:

Sony KV-27FV300 connected to gcompsw (BlueRigger component cables)

Connected to gcompsw:
Genesis Model 1 via Retro Gaming Cables component cable
SNES via HD Retrovision component cable
GameCube via Carby component cable
Xbox via tk's custom component cable
PS2 via HD Retrovision component cable
Sharp FC Twin via composite
NES via composite

That all seems pretty standard, but I figure better to ask and be safe than sorry. Thanks for your assistance!

Can say for sure that HD Retrovision and RGC are good. Stock composite also shouldn't be an issue.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:11 am 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 447
retrorgb wrote:
snowekim wrote:
So it seems the problem is the comp2rgb with gscartsw, you know if there are some known compatibility issues with these 2? Or is the noise signal (when no active signal) expected when the comp2rgb is in the chain?

The Comp2RGB might always be outputting a signal, which would cause the auto-detection to activate. Try unplugging the power from the Comp2RGB and see if that fixes the issue. If so, an easy short-term solution might just be one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072ZS12QY


Shh... nobody mention this to @DirkSwizzler...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:13 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jul 2017
Posts: 7
Location: Philadelphia, PA
superg wrote:
Can say for sure that HD Retrovision and RGC are good. Stock composite also shouldn't be an issue.


Thanks for taking the time to respond. Looks like the gcompsw arrives today, very much looking forward to it. Cheers!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:04 pm 



Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 40
Does anyone have a link to the gcompsw Wall Mount?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:12 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1315
Location: US, MI
DJ Kevgeez wrote:
Does anyone have a link to the gcompsw Wall Mount?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2753938
This?
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:44 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1315
Location: US, MI
Guys, USPS is extremely slow ATM, especially international stuff.
I dropped off every order that I have printed shipping label for.
I'm getting some enquiries about not being able to track shipment.
I am still waiting for my US packages I ordered two weeks ago, previously it took two days but under current circumstances nothing is guaranteed.
Also some things I ordered from Japan a month ago (airmail) still don't track.
Please be patient, it will come eventually.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:54 pm 



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 154
H6rdc0re wrote:
I own two Gscartsw 5.2s but I’ve never tried the sync regeneration option. Both Gscarts are built into my cabinet. Is there any benefit in using sync regeneration on my Sony PVMs?


Okay so I tried Sync Regeneration hoping this would fix the screen position (horizontal and vertical position) for all my consoles. Maybe a golden idea for the next revision Gscart/Gcomp. This way we won't have different screen positioning for every console on a CRT monitor/TV.

I'm getting jittering using Sync Regeneration and none without. What would be the reason to use Sync Regeneration in it's current form?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1315
Location: US, MI
H6rdc0re wrote:
H6rdc0re wrote:
I own two Gscartsw 5.2s but I’ve never tried the sync regeneration option. Both Gscarts are built into my cabinet. Is there any benefit in using sync regeneration on my Sony PVMs?


Okay so I tried Sync Regeneration hoping this would fix the screen position (horizontal and vertical position) for all my consoles. Maybe a golden idea for the next revision Gscart/Gcomp. This way we won't have different screen positioning for every console on a CRT monitor/TV.

I'm getting jittering using Sync Regeneration and none without. What would be the reason to use Sync Regeneration in it's current form?

Sync regeneration helps with some non compliant mods, cheap cables and weird combination of some equipment. It's an additional processing thus if you don't experience problems, you would knew if you need it, otherwise leave it off.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:30 pm 



Joined: 17 Jan 2017
Posts: 154
superg wrote:
H6rdc0re wrote:
H6rdc0re wrote:
I own two Gscartsw 5.2s but I’ve never tried the sync regeneration option. Both Gscarts are built into my cabinet. Is there any benefit in using sync regeneration on my Sony PVMs?


Okay so I tried Sync Regeneration hoping this would fix the screen position (horizontal and vertical position) for all my consoles. Maybe a golden idea for the next revision Gscart/Gcomp. This way we won't have different screen positioning for every console on a CRT monitor/TV.

I'm getting jittering using Sync Regeneration and none without. What would be the reason to use Sync Regeneration in it's current form?

Sync regeneration helps with some non compliant mods, cheap cables and weird combination of some equipment. It's an additional processing thus if you don't experience problems, you would knew if you need it, otherwise leave it off.


Yep thanks, it's turned off. I just wanted to try it and it's good to have the option. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:01 pm 



Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Posts: 9
I just received my gscart and connected all my consoles. They all work fine on the bandridge switch and direct to scart except on the gscart my nes is out of sync or something I'm not too sure and can't manage to get it to display properly. The nes has Tims RGB mod in it. Any help appreciated. Im using the SNES multi out from the rgb board and it was never a problem.

https://imgur.com/gallery/oySZw7D


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:07 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1315
Location: US, MI
mrwokn wrote:
I just received my gscart and connected all my consoles. They all work fine on the bandridge switch and direct to scart except on the gscart my nes is out of sync or something I'm not too sure and can't manage to get it to display properly. The nes has Tims RGB mod in it. Any help appreciated. Im using the SNES multi out from the rgb board and it was never a problem.

https://imgur.com/gallery/oySZw7D

NES: the most likely cause is a discrepancy between SCART cable you use and nesrgb settings (jumper solder point). First try sync regeneration on the switch, next figure out the cable and nesrgb settings.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:52 am 



Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 1
I've been looking around for some info on component switchers for retro game consoles, and I've been having a hard time finding a specific piece of information. If a matrix has more than one output as the gcompsw does, does that mean it is essentially 2 4x1s?

What I am trying to answer is whether or not all 8 inputs can go out a single output. Alternatively, if that is not possible, could one of the outputs plug into an input and effectively make a 7x1 device? Getting these questions answered would make it a lot easier to determine if I may need more than one switcher. I've found lots of discussions of daisy chaining the gscartsw, but I haven't been able to find answers to these questions.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:43 pm 



Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 216
Apologies as this may have already been asked, but I couldn't find it: which signals on the gcompsw will indicate if a given input is "active"? For example, if I wanted to have just the audio RCA cables plugged into input 6, and it was the only thing that was on, would the switch know to output input 6? Or is it tied to video?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:22 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1315
Location: US, MI
SavagePencil wrote:
Apologies as this may have already been asked, but I couldn't find it: which signals on the gcompsw will indicate if a given input is "active"? For example, if I wanted to have just the audio RCA cables plugged into input 6, and it was the only thing that was on, would the switch know to output input 6? Or is it tied to video?

The detection is based on sync so it's either yellow RCA or green RCA. But it really has to have sync there, audio won't be detected even if connected through those jacks.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:26 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 447
superg wrote:
SavagePencil wrote:
Apologies as this may have already been asked, but I couldn't find it: which signals on the gcompsw will indicate if a given input is "active"? For example, if I wanted to have just the audio RCA cables plugged into input 6, and it was the only thing that was on, would the switch know to output input 6? Or is it tied to video?

The detection is based on sync so it's either yellow RCA or green RCA. But it really has to have sync there, audio won't be detected even if connected through those jacks.
Looks like another person interested in an indicator for active input. ;)

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:22 pm 



Joined: 11 Nov 2013
Posts: 216
ldeveraux wrote:
Looks like another person interested in an indicator for active input. ;)


Ehn, not a big deal to me.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:59 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 447
SavagePencil wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
Looks like another person interested in an indicator for active input. ;)


Ehn, not a big deal to me.
It's invaluable when debugging a system, or adding a device, which apparently is only an issue to me.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:20 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1315
Location: US, MI
ldeveraux wrote:
It's invaluable when debugging a system, or adding a device, which apparently is only an issue to me.

SavagePencil didn't ask about a display but rather on which signal wire detection is performed.

I can't think of a debugging scenario where active port information is important. You turn on one console at a time and you know where it's connected. If it's just to identify which cable goes to which console - it's probably an overkill.
On the other hand active port information is available through EXT port but somebody has to design a display around it.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:32 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 447
superg wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
It's invaluable when debugging a system, or adding a device, which apparently is only an issue to me.

SavagePencil didn't ask about a display but rather on which signal wire detection is performed.

I can't think of a debugging scenario where active port information is important. You turn on one console at a time and you know where it's connected. If it's just to identify which cable goes to which console - it's probably an overkill.
On the other hand active port information is available through EXT port but somebody has to design a display around it.


I'm sure I apologize for taking this off topic. I've told you before; just because YOU can't find use in something, doesn't mean others can't as well. The fact that you're so indignant about excluding something so basic and cheap is reason enough to chime in about it. In the end, it's you're decision that I disagree with and why I don't own a gscartsw.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:56 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1315
Location: US, MI
ldeveraux wrote:
I've told you before; just because YOU can't find use in something, doesn't mean others can't as well. The fact that you're so indignant about excluding something so basic and cheap is reason enough to chime in about it. In the end, it's you're decision that I disagree with and why I don't own a gscartsw.

Are you upset with me personally or what?

First of all you I don't think you realize what hardware revision is and how much time and effort it takes to add even one additional resistor the the board. Second, this is my device and I am free to do what I want with it.

I took my time and went over my PM's, you are the one who returned two gscartsw switches because you didn't like them and didn't manage to resolve your TG16 non compiant mod, here is what you've said about it:
ldeveraux wrote:
You keep saying the TG16 is the problem, but it works perfectly with my other lower cost switches. I don't pretend to understand why the gscartsw is different. That coupled with imperceptible "signal quality" improvement and the other missing features I consider essential does not a $220 switch make. Sure, I should have read closer for the features, but how was I supposed to know about the TG16? I'd return my gcompsw too, since the same reasoning applies and I don't need 8 ports, but I can't find the 4 port version anywhere.

I went ahead and accepted your return when I didn't have to. What's your problem?

Explain yourself and be constructive, otherwise I ask you to leave this thread.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:13 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 447
superg wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
I've told you before; just because YOU can't find use in something, doesn't mean others can't as well. The fact that you're so indignant about excluding something so basic and cheap is reason enough to chime in about it. In the end, it's you're decision that I disagree with and why I don't own a gscartsw.

Are you upset with me personally or what?

First of all you I don't think you realize what hardware revision is and how much time and effort it takes to add even one additional resistor the the board. Second, this is my device and I am free to do what I want with it.

I took my time and went over my PM's, you are the one who returned two gscartsw switches because you didn't like them and didn't manage to resolve your TG16 non compiant mod, here is what you've said about it:
ldeveraux wrote:
You keep saying the TG16 is the problem, but it works perfectly with my other lower cost switches. I don't pretend to understand why the gscartsw is different. That coupled with imperceptible "signal quality" improvement and the other missing features I consider essential does not a $220 switch make. Sure, I should have read closer for the features, but how was I supposed to know about the TG16? I'd return my gcompsw too, since the same reasoning applies and I don't need 8 ports, but I can't find the 4 port version anywhere.

I went ahead and accepted your return when I didn't have to. What's your problem?

Explain yourself and be constructive, otherwise I ask you to leave this thread.


There's nothing more to it than what I've already said. In my opinion, your switch isn't worth the money when a cheaper switch will do more for me. I'm not saying better or worse, that's up for interpretation. IMO, it's an overhyped piece of kit which doesn't work FOR ME. And I'm not the only one that feels this way. When I expressed my displeasure, other users messaged me privately to agree. So I returned them because you said the reason I couldn't use my TG16 was because my mod was incorrect. Luckily it works just fine FOR ME with my current switch. I require a switch with activity LEDs as I've explained, you don't think anyone should need them. You're wrong, I clearly use them, but it's your switch.

I'm sorry to do this publicly, but it's almost become the inside joke. Everyone praises your items publicly, but no one will criticize the apparent shortcomings except in private. Yes it's your device and build it how you'd like. Conversely, it's my wallet and I'll speak with it. I don't think it's anything personal, other than you're always right and everyone else is wrong. But I'll leave you and your thread to the users that can appreciate your wares.

Consequently, maybe consider a different microUSB port on the switches. As you may remember, mine snapped off when I removed it from the cabinet while still connected.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:31 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1315
Location: US, MI
ldeveraux wrote:
There's nothing more to it than what I've already said. In my opinion, your switch isn't worth the money when a cheaper switch will do more for me. I'm not saying better or worse, that's up for interpretation. IMO, it's an overhyped piece of kit which doesn't work FOR ME.
Conversely, it's my wallet and I'll speak with it.

That I understand. But for one guy you're too vocal about your non existant problems. My suggestion is not to get upset over a feature you think is useful if developer is unwilling to implement it. Maybe developer sees a whole picture and you're just one corner case. You're just making your life harder and annoy everybody else in the process.

ldeveraux wrote:
And I'm not the only one that feels this way. When I expressed my displeasure, other users messaged me privately to agree. I'm sorry to do this publicly, but it's almost become the inside joke. Everyone praises your items publicly, but no one will criticize the apparent shortcomings except in private.

There is literally no moderation here. Even when I wanted to delete a direct insults to me from some user it was next to impossible. I can't do much if users are exchanging their frustrations privately, it's not like I keep them from posting here or delete anything.

ldeveraux wrote:
So I returned them because you said the reason I couldn't use my TG16 was because my mod was incorrect.

I was trying to help back then but you were unwilling to do anything about it. It's just seems you're affixed to the idea that nothing is wrong with your mod. I checked https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65305 thread and seen your replies:
ldeveraux wrote:
I have the same board installed but I get no signal through that particular switch. Works fine through other switches and direct to OSSC, I'm not smart enough to understand why it wouldn't work universally. I think the board is fine, that was my point.

You totally ignored what was said to you:
Johnpv wrote:
It doesn't sound like food for thought. Did you have the mod work checked of who ever installed it?

Voultar boards are top notch, he knows what he does. If Johnpv has a working configuration with the same board as yours and my switch it means that something is wrong on your side. It could be as simple as cable with wrong components or wrong mod wiring / jumper setting etc. The fact that it works with other switches is not enough to say that mod properly done. Automatic Bandridge signal detection is based on voltage, manual Bandridge is mechanical switch without any logic inside, that was said numerous times here in regarding to TG16. But you just listen to whatever you like to listen and dispose everything else. You didn't bother to troubleshoot, you've chosen to blame gscartsw without a good reason. Properly installed voultar board works, db GrafxBooster adapter with right setting and matching cable works just fine. There are hundreds of PC Engine / *Grafx users who are successfully using these consoles with gscartsw. Probably the other guys who initially had problems with TG16 figured it out by now, it's just you who still complains and does nothing about it.

ldeveraux wrote:
Consequently, maybe consider a different microUSB port on the switches. As you may remember, mine snapped off when I removed it from the cabinet while still connected.

If you would spend at least 10 minutes researching before your post, you would knew that there are no right angled MicroUSB connectors with full size through hole pins, all that is available is SMD or through hole for really thin boards. I regret the MicroUSB idea by now but there isn't much I can do at this point. If I go back to barrel connector I will have to support 5-9V and that requires additional circuitry which will increase the switch price and take a lot of my time.
I know you just wanted to stir the pot more with your microusb point, you just love the drama, don't you?
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:15 am 



Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 4
Got my gscompsw in yesterday.

Love it.

Consoles -> gscompsw -> ossc -> Denon x3200w receiver -> Vizio m55 4k tv

The denon has 2 omponent inputs but they are awful.
My OG Xbox with custom component cable would exibit a ton of noise, so much so that a Pound HDlink looked better.

The GSCOMPSW helped isolate that enough to greatly increase the video quality on that console and cable.

Otherwise, the thing is beautiful and switches quickly.
Price is high but it's a niche product and I understand that.


PS1 with HDRetrovison cables
Sega Genesis model2 + triplebypass with hdretrovision cables
Sega Saturn w/ hdretrovison
N64 + N64rgb advanced and hd retrovision cables

All consoles look great and zero quailty difference compared to direct to the OSSC.

It's exactly what I needed for my setup.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:04 pm 



Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Posts: 9
superg wrote:
mrwokn wrote:
I just received my gscart and connected all my consoles. They all work fine on the bandridge switch and direct to scart except on the gscart my nes is out of sync or something I'm not too sure and can't manage to get it to display properly. The nes has Tims RGB mod in it. Any help appreciated. Im using the SNES multi out from the rgb board and it was never a problem.

https://imgur.com/gallery/oySZw7D

NES: the most likely cause is a discrepancy between SCART cable you use and nesrgb settings (jumper solder point). First try sync regeneration on the switch, next figure out the cable and nesrgb settings.



Anyone have a RGB moded NES connected with the gscwrsw. I’m curious what your setup is to get it working.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:20 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 198
Location: Burlington, Vermont, USA
mrwokn wrote:
Anyone have a RGB moded NES connected with the gscwrsw. I’m curious what your setup is to get it working.

I RGB modded an AV Famicom and tested it on my setup that includes a gscartsw. Worked perfectly. What is your question?
_________________
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cr4zymanz0r, dandiego, EVN, Extrems, fernan1234, Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group