shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:40 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142 ... 144  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:22 pm 



Joined: 17 Mar 2018
Posts: 3
I'm trying to order the GCOMPSW but i'm getting the following error when I go to the store front

Your server is running PHP version 5.4.45 but WordPress 5.2 requires at least 5.6.20.

Is this something on my end or websites end? I tried it on my phone and computer.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:52 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 206
kennygunit wrote:
I'm trying to order the GCOMPSW but i'm getting the following error when I go to the store front

Your server is running PHP version 5.4.45 but WordPress 5.2 requires at least 5.6.20.

Is this something on my end or websites end? I tried it on my phone and computer.


I tried and receive the same error. Hopefully @superg sees this and can mitigate.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:07 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1111
Location: US, MI
kennygunit wrote:
I'm trying to order the GCOMPSW but i'm getting the following error when I go to the store front

Your server is running PHP version 5.4.45 but WordPress 5.2 requires at least 5.6.20.

Is this something on my end or websites end? I tried it on my phone and computer.

Wow this is recent. Will try to fix it.
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1111
Location: US, MI
Fixed it, that was quick.
Thank you guys for pointing that out!
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:07 pm 



Joined: 25 Mar 2019
Posts: 6
Final Update

Today I got a letter with a more detailed explaination on why they declined the import.
It's basically the things I said at the beginning: It doesn't include a German Manual and lacks a CE-Certification-Sticker.

I told them to send it back to the sender.

It's a bummer, but that's EU-Law.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:04 pm 



Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 60
Dekkia wrote:
Final Update

Today I got a letter with a more detailed explaination on why they declined the import.
It's basically the things I said at the beginning: It doesn't include a German Manual and lacks a CE-Certification-Sticker.

I told them to send it back to the sender.

It's a bummer, but that's EU-Law.


I've got two of them through the post so far (but I'm based in the UK, which still should be following EU law). The CE-Certification sticker seemingly hasn't been a problem (I can't double-check to see if mine has one, but I assume not), so maybe it's the native-language manual/instructions that specifically is the problem?

Or that Germany is stricter in complying with these rules?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:45 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1111
Location: US, MI
coderkind wrote:
I've got two of them through the post so far (but I'm based in the UK, which still should be following EU law). The CE-Certification sticker seemingly hasn't been a problem (I can't double-check to see if mine has one, but I assume not), so maybe it's the native-language manual/instructions that specifically is the problem?

Or that Germany is stricter in complying with these rules?

I've never put any stickers on the switches nor it passed any certifications. There might be some certification on the power supply I provide, but not the switches. Regardless of this being a law in EU so far it's only 2 recent German customers who reported the problem. I get a lot of orders from Germany so this is seldom enforced. I will look into situation after I order current gcompsw batch.
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:02 pm 



Joined: 02 Mar 2017
Posts: 102
Hi, superg!

Just wanted to let you know I have just bought the gscartsw. I finally decided you to send it to me at Madrid, so I guess it will take some time. Already payed $250 (220+shipping). Can't wait to play with it! Thanks a lot for everything!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:33 am 



Joined: 27 Dec 2018
Posts: 9
Got my gcompsw ordered! I'm super excited.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 7:40 am 



Joined: 11 May 2019
Posts: 2
Hi, just wanted to make sure my preorder for the gcompsw is confirmed from your end? I ask because I got a pop up saying my order was cancelled on your site when I placed the order, right after the order confirmation in fact, though the funds were creditted properly. This was for a May 1st order, sent from an email account starting with "herrkora"...Can you please confirm? I can email you the transaction id if that helps.

Really looking forward to the switch!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:01 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 206
Just ordered 2x gscartsw to go along with my eventual gcompsw. It's going to be an exciting summer!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:16 pm 



Joined: 11 May 2019
Posts: 2
Hi, just wanted to make sure this preorder is confirmed from your end? I ask because I got a pop up saying my order was cancelled on your site when I placed the order, right after the order confirmation in fact. However funds were taken out and i received completed PP order email. Can you please confirm? His was on may 1, from an email starting with "herrkora".

Really looking forward to the switch!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:38 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1111
Location: US, MI
Good news, next gscartsw batch is shipped, I should get it this week.
I will be ordering gcompsw batch to cover all pre orders so far (+ some extras as always)
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:13 pm 



Joined: 04 Apr 2014
Posts: 626
superg wrote:
Good news, next gscartsw batch is shipped, I should get it this week.
I will be ordering gcompsw batch to cover all pre orders so far (+ some extras as always)

Very exciting, thanks for the update. :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:41 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1111
Location: US, MI
Drudgemill wrote:
Hi, just wanted to make sure this preorder is confirmed from your end? I ask because I got a pop up saying my order was cancelled on your site when I placed the order, right after the order confirmation in fact. However funds were taken out and i received completed PP order email. Can you please confirm? His was on may 1, from an email starting with "herrkora".

Really looking forward to the switch!

It's ok, happens sometimes. As long as you see the paypal transaction it's fine.
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:22 am 


User avatar

Joined: 15 May 2019
Posts: 3
Pre-ordered the gcompsw 8:2, and I must say I'm pretty pumped about it! I bought it to replace my 2 x Philips Auto 4-way component switch box. While they work pretty good for what I paid for them, I notice some slight lines going up and down the screen on solid dark colros and that simply will not due. Tried the highest quality cables I could find, different powersupplies, ect. So I expect a more modern solution is in order.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:42 pm 



Joined: 27 Apr 2019
Posts: 10
To hell with it. Just pre-ordered a gscartsw, so I can sleep a lot better at night knowing that at least the switch is a great one :lol: No the waiting begins.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:54 am 



Joined: 16 May 2019
Posts: 2
I am trying to order the gscartsw and your store quoted me with 10k USD in shipment. Can you please look into it?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:32 am 



Joined: 16 May 2019
Posts: 2
I have tried to order gscartsw, but the shop showed 10k USD shipping price to Malta. Can you look into it?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1111
Location: US, MI
I got gscartsw's yesterday. So far so good, testing is ongoing. I will start shipping on weekend.
I'm short of maybe 15 last orders, just keep that in mind, that will be fulfilled in the next batch. I will post the details once I know the exact amount.

I'm paying for gcompsw's manufacturing today, so if everything goes well I will start shipping those in July.
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:14 pm 



Joined: 17 May 2019
Posts: 3
superg wrote:
I got gscartsw's yesterday. So far so good, testing is ongoing. I will start shipping on weekend.
I'm short of maybe 15 last orders, just keep that in mind, that will be fulfilled in the next batch. I will post the details once I know the exact amount.


Do you know the order date cut-off for this batch vs. the next? I ordered mine earlier this month and wondering if I'll squeak in on this batch or have to wait for the next.

Thanks!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:07 am 



Joined: 19 May 2019
Posts: 1
Hey,

I ordered my gscartsw back in March 2019. Will I get some sort of notification, or a tracking number sent to paypal when it ships?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:16 am 



Joined: 17 May 2019
Posts: 3
Edit: Double Posted


Last edited by Tubo on Sun May 19, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:47 am 



Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Posts: 7
Location: Germany
scampy_joe wrote:
superg wrote:
Please return to the sender, I will look into the situation how can I improve this. I will refund you of course.


Got an email. They confirmed that the switch will be returned to you superg. It will leave Germany today via Deutsche Post.


@superg
Did you receive the switch??


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:21 pm 



Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 23
Is there any drop off in qaulity if i switch from SCART to Component for the SNES?
I'm thinking of buying the Gcomp and using Component for the SNES straight to the CRT.
I'll be purchasing those COmponent cable from RGC asap.

I'm tired of the horizontal jailbars on the SNES. I've tried everything.
When my GScartw arrives i'll know for sure if its just the Auto Bandridge switcher i'm using causing the problem.

My question is does anyone think the SNES is better on Component?
Also i wont have to buy that Retrotink converter because i'm going to a CRT right?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:43 pm 



Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1291
DJ Kevgeez wrote:
Is there any drop off in qaulity if i switch from SCART to Component for the SNES?

Since the SNES doesn't natively output YPbPr component, any drop in quality would be caused by whatever RGB to YPbPr transcoder you use. RGC's cable isn't out yet, but I haven't heard any bad things about HD Retrovision's product.

On the bright side, if you're playing directly on a CRT, you likely won't notice a minor degradation in quality.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:06 pm 



Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 23
nmalinoski wrote:
DJ Kevgeez wrote:
Is there any drop off in qaulity if i switch from SCART to Component for the SNES?

Since the SNES doesn't natively output YPbPr component, any drop in quality would be caused by whatever RGB to YPbPr transcoder you use. RGC's cable isn't out yet, but I haven't heard any bad things about HD Retrovision's product.

On the bright side, if you're playing directly on a CRT, you likely won't notice a minor degradation in quality.


I'm tired of waiting on HDRetrovision to have product.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:32 pm 



Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1291
DJ Kevgeez wrote:
nmalinoski wrote:
DJ Kevgeez wrote:
Is there any drop off in qaulity if i switch from SCART to Component for the SNES?

Since the SNES doesn't natively output YPbPr component, any drop in quality would be caused by whatever RGB to YPbPr transcoder you use. RGC's cable isn't out yet, but I haven't heard any bad things about HD Retrovision's product.

On the bright side, if you're playing directly on a CRT, you likely won't notice a minor degradation in quality.


I'm tired of waiting on HDRetrovision to have product.

Me, too; but I wasn't telling you to buy or wait around for an HD Retrovision cable. The point I was trying to make is that, if RGC's RGB->YPbPr transcoding circuitry is anything like HD Retrovision's, you're probably not going to notice any quality loss.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:50 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1111
Location: US, MI
DJ Kevgeez wrote:
I'm tired of the horizontal jailbars on the SNES. I've tried everything.
When my GScartw arrives i'll know for sure if its just the Auto Bandridge switcher i'm using causing the problem.

I don't think that gscartsw will fix the jailbar issue unless it's really the bandridge who is messing it up. Do you get the jailbars if connected directly?
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:55 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1111
Location: US, MI
60% of current gscartsw units are tested, some are already assembled. I will drop off some units tomorrow. The plan is to have everything shipped next week.
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142 ... 144  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Link83, mario64, naz, Retro-Bit, WMJ and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group