gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Stendal

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by Stendal »

superg wrote:I got another paypal case opened by a financial institution. I think that was a while ago, it's just now it went from bank to paypal.
The person in question had the switch delivered on April 1 and I have all the tracking proofs. Nobody contacted me since, maybe this is a way to get the switch for free?
It's rough you get people like this, hope it doesn't bum you out too bad.
cook99

Post by cook99 »

PayPal should have you covered if you give them shipping evidence. I had the exact same thing someone charged back through their bank, I just gave PayPal shipping details and they sorted the rest:
One of your buyers filed a chargeback with their credit card provider. After reviewing this case, we're happy to let you know that this transaction is eligible for PayPal's Seller Protection. The disputed amount is now available in your PayPal balance.

Don't suppose the buyers name was Mike M ? Maybe it's the same guy as what I sold was niche retro gaming not some big commercial thing.
superg

Post by superg »

DiegoPonga wrote:
superg wrote: gcompsw pre order ETA is 2nd part of July / 1st part of August.
Well, I was interested more in the gscartsw. Same shipping window?
I ordered more gscartsw's which should be here in May. Right now I'm close to limit, not sure how many units will be left, have to calculate everything.
cook99 wrote:PayPal should have you covered if you give them shipping evidence. I had the exact same thing someone charged back through their bank, I just gave PayPal shipping details and they sorted the rest:
One of your buyers filed a chargeback with their credit card provider. After reviewing this case, we're happy to let you know that this transaction is eligible for PayPal's Seller Protection. The disputed amount is now available in your PayPal balance.

Don't suppose the buyers name was Mike M ? Maybe it's the same guy as what I sold was niche retro gaming not some big commercial thing.
Oh no, it wasn't Mike. The case is currently under review from paypal, they see the tracking and it says that it was delivered back then. Thing here is that the guy probably got money a long time ago and maybe even forgot about it. Doesn't respond to my email.
scampy_joe

Post by scampy_joe »

scampy_joe wrote:
Dekkia wrote:I got an update to my post from a while ago:

They declined the import.

I got a letter which basically states that the gscartsw* isn't comform (I don't know to what, they didn't tell me) an that it is because of that illegal to import.
They gave me 3 options:
- Letting them send it back to superg
- Letting them destroy it
- appealing to the taking back of the import (in german: Einspruch gegen die Rücknahme der Annahme der Zollanmeldung)

I of course sent them an appeal. I don't believe I'll get my gscartsw* but I didn't want to give up that easy. I also wanted to send a Fax (I never did that before, lol)

If anybody speaks german and wants to take a look at it, here you go: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I of course blanked out some details.

Out of couriosity: Since I'm probably on a watchlist now, is there anybody in the EU who wants to help me out? You'll import it for me and then send it to me inside the EU. I'll of course pay for everything :P

* They're calling it a "Multi-Connectorplate for Scart-Plugs with Power Supply" ("Mehrfach-Anschlussplatte für Scartstecker mit Netzteil")
I have the same problem. Germany too. They opened the package and took photos. Send the photos to the government presidium (Regierungspräsidium). Because of product safety. I will be informed.
News from germany. I got a letter today.

They decline the import.

Because

No german manual included
No Contact Address within the European Economic Area

I have 2 options

return to sender
destroy the switch
the Goat

Post by the Goat »

scampy_joe wrote:News from germany. I got a letter today.

They decline the import.

Because

I have 2 options

return to sender
destroy the switch
Wow, that just plain sucks.
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
superg

Post by superg »

scampy_joe wrote:
scampy_joe wrote:
Dekkia wrote:I got an update to my post from a while ago:

They declined the import.

I got a letter which basically states that the gscartsw* isn't comform (I don't know to what, they didn't tell me) an that it is because of that illegal to import.
They gave me 3 options:
- Letting them send it back to superg
- Letting them destroy it
- appealing to the taking back of the import (in german: Einspruch gegen die Rücknahme der Annahme der Zollanmeldung)

I of course sent them an appeal. I don't believe I'll get my gscartsw* but I didn't want to give up that easy. I also wanted to send a Fax (I never did that before, lol)

If anybody speaks german and wants to take a look at it, here you go: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I of course blanked out some details.

Out of couriosity: Since I'm probably on a watchlist now, is there anybody in the EU who wants to help me out? You'll import it for me and then send it to me inside the EU. I'll of course pay for everything :P

* They're calling it a "Multi-Connectorplate for Scart-Plugs with Power Supply" ("Mehrfach-Anschlussplatte für Scartstecker mit Netzteil")
I have the same problem. Germany too. They opened the package and took photos. Send the photos to the government presidium (Regierungspräsidium). Because of product safety. I will be informed.

They decline the import.

Because

I have 2 options

return to sender
destroy the switch
Please return to the sender, I will look into the situation how can I improve this. I will refund you of course.
scampy_joe

Post by scampy_joe »

superg wrote:
scampy_joe wrote:

They decline the import.

Because

I have 2 options

return to sender
destroy the switch
Please return to the sender, I will look into the situation how can I improve this. I will refund you of course.
I send an email to the customs authorities to return the switch to you superg

If you need help to translate a manual to german, just ask.
superg

Post by superg »

scampy_joe wrote:
I send an email to the customs authorities to return the switch to you superg

If you need help to translate a manual to german, just ask.
Thank you, I will keep that in mind. There is no manual currently in any language.
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

A one-page user manual with simple setup steps and specs may be enough to satisfy this bureaucratic requirement and German, err, "attention to detail" (hey, without it we wouldn't have German Idealism!).

For the address maybe VGP would be willing to have theirs listed on the manual (hopefully the UK manages to stay in the EEA even after Brexit). Perhaps non-business address from a European user who volunteers to share their address would be fine. Those customs bureaucrats just need something so they can stamp OK on their paperwork.
PauluzNL

Post by PauluzNL »

Hi, I live in the south east of The Netherlands. My switch got delivered but with extra customs tax (about 40 EUR). If I can help with any import issues for Germany or Belgium retro gamers I'd be glad to help.
scampy_joe

Post by scampy_joe »

superg wrote:Please return to the sender, I will look into the situation how can I improve this. I will refund you of course.
Got an email. They confirmed that the switch will be returned to you superg. It will leave Germany today via Deutsche Post.
scampy_joe

Post by scampy_joe »

PauluzNL wrote:Hi, I live in the south east of The Netherlands. My switch got delivered but with extra customs tax (about 40 EUR). If I can help with any import issues for Germany or Belgium retro gamers I'd be glad to help.
Thanks for the offer. :)
Dekkia

Post by Dekkia »

Update-Time:

I got a new letter from the customs-office today.

They informed me that they received the fax I sent on the the 23.04.2019 on the 23.04.2019 (duh)

They also told me the authorities of upper bavaria (German: Oberbayrische Regierung) will be asked for a statement about their decision on my parcel. (WTF)
As soon as they know, they'll tell me.

I have my doubts that this will lead anywhere. But at least I have an interesting story to tell afterwards.

~Dekkia
DiegoPonga

Post by DiegoPonga »

[quote="superg"I ordered more gscartsw's which should be here in May. Right now I'm close to limit, not sure how many units will be left, have to calculate everything.[/quote]

So if I ordered one today, and if it has to be delivered to California, when would it arrive more or less?
superg

Post by superg »

DiegoPonga wrote:[quote="superg"I ordered more gscartsw's which should be here in May. Right now I'm close to limit, not sure how many units will be left, have to calculate everything.
So if I ordered one today, and if it has to be delivered to California, when would it arrive more or less?[/quote]
May most likely. I'm on vacation currently, have to manage the inventory.
DiegoPonga

Post by DiegoPonga »

superg wrote:May most likely. I'm on vacation currently, have to manage the inventory.
Thank you! Then probably in some 20 minutes I buy one ;)

In case I finally move to Europe sooner than expected, how long would it take? Is it common to have problems related to borders and customs when sending the gscartsw to the EU?

Thanks a lot, sir
Lux

Post by Lux »

I had no problem in France apart from tax.
CSIG1001

Post by CSIG1001 »

superg wrote:
DiegoPonga wrote:[quote="superg"I ordered more gscartsw's which should be here in May. Right now I'm close to limit, not sure how many units will be left, have to calculate everything.
So if I ordered one today, and if it has to be delivered to California, when would it arrive more or less?
May most likely. I'm on vacation currently, have to manage the inventory.[/quote]

Can you check my order please
Paypal Transaction ID
6J9656198P413563B

not sure if you shipped it with signature on delivery?
DiegoPonga

Post by DiegoPonga »

Lux wrote:I had no problem in France apart from tax.
How much did you pay? The EU has a Common Customs Tariff, so it would be the same if Superg sent it to me (Madrid, Spain).
hugo19941994

Post by hugo19941994 »

DiegoPonga wrote:
How much did you pay? The EU has a Common Customs Tariff, so it would be the same if Superg sent it to me (Madrid, Spain).
I'm from Madrid as well. If I remember correctly I had to pay around 37.50€. Of course Correos doesn't accept credit cards and they don't have spare change so I paid 40€. If you don't have cash you need to go to a Correos office the next day.
DiegoPonga

Post by DiegoPonga »

hugo19941994 wrote:
DiegoPonga wrote:
I'm from Madrid as well. If I remember correctly I had to pay around 37.50€. Of course Correos doesn't accept credit cards and they don't have spare change so I paid 40€. If you don't have cash you need to go to a Correos office the next day.
I've paid hundreds of times with credit card at Correos during the last year, you sure?

Well, an increase of almost €38 is a big difference... I mean, the gscartsw is currently around €197, plus some other €27 of shipping. In total, it would cost me around €262... However, if it is shipped to anywhere in the US, it is just €212. I mean, there is a big difference there. I think I can ask a friend to receive it in the US and then give it to me whenever he comes to Spain.
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

@superg I think you've covered this previously for the older gscartsw_lite, but I'm unsure of the situation for the latest model (which I also have); can the latest gscartsw handle TTL sync?

I can't see mention of it on the product description page, but I think there's a higher voltage tolerance on the latest gscartsw.

I've got a 1-slot Neo Geo I want to hook up via a supergun at some point, but want to ensure I don't fry either my gscartsw or my OSSC. I'm not sure what type of sync will come from the supergun (as it's old and I inherited it recently), but will be trying it into a CRT first.

I know I need a multimeter at some point... :roll:
hugo19941994

Post by hugo19941994 »

DiegoPonga wrote:I've paid hundreds of times with credit card at Correos during the last year, you sure?
At least where I live the Correos mail carrier never carries a payment terminal. I've had to go to the Correos postal office the next day a few times. I wouldn't really mind if at least they sent an email saying how much you have to pay, or in the tracking website... Other couriers send you an invoice which you can pay online (DHL for example).

Anyway, the gscart is a phenomenal device well worth the price IMO.
crieke

Post by crieke »

scampy_joe wrote: If you need help to translate a manual to german, just ask.
I translated the gscartsw page to german before I picked up my parcel, as I was already worried about german custom. (Yes, call me paranoid!)
I am not sure, if it can be seen as a manual or might be a starting point for one. In the end I had no issues at all getting the parcel and did not even need it. I just uploaded it to my webspace, in case it might be helpful for others:
http://dl.rieke.tv/gscartsw_ger.html
superg

Post by superg »

coderkind wrote:@superg I think you've covered this previously for the older gscartsw_lite, but I'm unsure of the situation for the latest model (which I also have); can the latest gscartsw handle TTL sync?

I can't see mention of it on the product description page, but I think there's a higher voltage tolerance on the latest gscartsw.

I've got a 1-slot Neo Geo I want to hook up via a supergun at some point, but want to ensure I don't fry either my gscartsw or my OSSC. I'm not sure what type of sync will come from the supergun (as it's old and I inherited it recently), but will be trying it into a CRT first.

I know I need a multimeter at some point... :roll:
Yes it can handle TTL, but it has to be properly attenuated using resistor. Nothing will happen if there is no resistor in cable so don't worry about that. Multimeter won't help though, if you want to see sync amplitude you will need an oscilloscope.
superg

Post by superg »

CSIG1001 wrote:
Can you check my order please
Paypal Transaction ID
6J9656198P413563B

not sure if you shipped it with signature on delivery?
Nothing is shipped yet, your unit is back ordered. This is pre order. Read the gscartsw order page again.
superg

Post by superg »

DiegoPonga wrote: In case I finally move to Europe sooner than expected, how long would it take? Is it common to have problems related to borders and customs when sending the gscartsw to the EU?
So far it's only two German buyers who reported the problem with customs. The other EU countries are fine so far.
sandor

Post by sandor »

Hey Superg,

Just preordered the new gcompsw but I just realized I chose the wrong shipping address...Is it possible to change it?
superg

Post by superg »

sandor wrote:Hey Superg,

Just preordered the new gcompsw but I just realized I chose the wrong shipping address...Is it possible to change it?
PM me your transaction id, I will refund you everything and you will make another order with the correct address.
Redneck retro gamer

Post by Redneck retro gamer »

I placed my order around March/April time frame so I am excited to finally get it soon.