gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
superg

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by superg »

Ok, the debugging is finally finished. All found issues were fixed and yesterday I enjoyed Gran Turismo 4 in both 1080i and 480p glory for a few hours :). XRGB-Mini, OSSC and PVM/BVM were all tested and should be fine. Right now I am awaiting the changed capacitors from digikey which I have to install on boards before I can test and assemble every unit and finally ship it. Most likely I will finish assembly this weekend and ship everything early next week. Just to remind everybody - all this is the first sub-batch. Then I will be ordering the second sub-batch which will cover every pre-order I have right now (+ some extra units). More about that a bit later after I get more information from my manufacturer.
The optional sync correction feature is currently being looked at but only one person from the first sub-batch is willing to wait for it, everybody else don't want it. Again, I will try to implement it but there is no guarantees so please don't get your hopes high.

Also here is something which isn't directly related to gscartsw but some of you will be very happy to see it:
mathewbeall

Post by mathewbeall »

awesome!!! Can't wait!

Matt
Vasid

Post by Vasid »

Great news! And I'm drolling over the thought of that new gcompsw.
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

superg wrote:Ok, the debugging is finally finished. All found issues were fixed and yesterday I enjoyed Gran Turismo 4 in both 1080i and 480p glory for a few hours :). XRGB-Mini, OSSC and PVM/BVM were all tested and should be fine. Right now I am awaiting the changed capacitors from digikey which I have to install on boards before I can test and assemble every unit and finally ship it. Most likely I will finish assembly this weekend and ship everything early next week. Just to remind everybody - all this is the first sub-batch. Then I will be ordering the second sub-batch which will cover every pre-order I have right now (+ some extra units). More about that a bit later after I get more information from my manufacturer.
The optional sync correction feature is currently being looked at but only one person from the first sub-batch is willing to wait for it, everybody else don't want it. Again, I will try to implement it but there is no guarantees so please don't get your hopes high.

Also here is something which isn't directly related to gscartsw but some of you will be very happy to see it:
NICE!
GeorgieBoysAXE

Post by GeorgieBoysAXE »

Are pre-orders for eight-way Component switcher still available? Also, is there possibility of commissioning an 8-way S-Video switcher as well by chance?
Admiral_Darkbar

Post by Admiral_Darkbar »

superg wrote:The optional sync correction feature is currently being looked at but only one person from the first sub-batch is willing to wait for it, everybody else don't want it. Again, I will try to implement it but there is no guarantees so please don't get your hopes high.
Hello all! Was wondering about the sync correction feature Superg mentioned above. What is it? I've pre-ordered the new gscart and have been lurking here but must have missed everything regarding it. Don't want to miss out on anything I might need later, where can I find some more info?
GeorgieBoysAXE

Post by GeorgieBoysAXE »

Hello, is it too late to pre-order the 8-port Gconp or will there still be an opportunity to? I can’t find anything related to it on your website SuperG. Also, are you available for commission on a similar device that would S-Video instead of component?
Zektor

Post by Zektor »

That is great news! I can't wait to get mine!
arithmaldor

Post by arithmaldor »

GeorgieBoysAXE wrote:Hello, is it too late to pre-order the 8-port Gconp or will there still be an opportunity to? I can’t find anything related to it on your website SuperG. Also, are you available for commission on a similar device that would S-Video instead of component?
For S-Video you can just use a gcompsw and some adapter cables:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-S-Video-Brea ... :rk:1:pf:0
plug the Y into the green or yellow jack for auto detection and then match the cables on the output
Visit Tinkerplunk for mods, repairs, and custom PCBs!
Twitter: @arithmaldor
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

arithmaldor wrote:
GeorgieBoysAXE wrote:Hello, is it too late to pre-order the 8-port Gconp or will there still be an opportunity to? I can’t find anything related to it on your website SuperG. Also, are you available for commission on a similar device that would S-Video instead of component?
For S-Video you can just use a gcompsw and some adapter cables:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-S-Video-Brea ... :rk:1:pf:0
plug the Y into the green or yellow jack for auto detection and then match the cables on the output
This is what I do as well. Works well.
GeorgieBoysAXE

Post by GeorgieBoysAXE »

Rad! Thanks y’all for the advice! I’m just trying to figure out more info on the pre-orders for the new switch & see if I can nab a few while I can.
superg

Post by superg »

It's not available yet.
GeorgieBoysAXE

Post by GeorgieBoysAXE »

Thank you for the response, I’ll keep an eye out on the forum/store then—thank you!
The Zuck

Post by The Zuck »

That gcompsw looks like a beast. It's 8 in and 2 out?
superg

Post by superg »

The Zuck wrote:That gcompsw looks like a beast. It's 8 in and 2 out?
Yes, 8:2 automatic switching obviously with HD support and different architecture comparing to older gcompsw.
superg

Post by superg »

Admiral_Darkbar wrote: Hello all! Was wondering about the sync correction feature Superg mentioned above. What is it? I've pre-ordered the new gscart and have been lurking here but must have missed everything regarding it. Don't want to miss out on anything I might need later, where can I find some more info?
Sync regeneration is 3 things:
1. sync cleaner (stripper), LM1881 functionality but faster
2. DC restore
3. amplitude correction
superg

Post by superg »

The first sub batch is ready for the drop off tomorrow.
Second sub batch: Manufacturer said that most likely they won't be able to complete it before Chinese New Year. The realistic ETA is first half of March. That will cover everybody + extra units. Sorry for the long wait.

gcompsw: turned out quicker than I've expected, prototypes were ordered. There won't be sync issues similar to the ones I've had with gscartsw because there is no any sync processing.
Vasid

Post by Vasid »

superg wrote:The first sub batch is ready for the drop off tomorrow.
Second sub batch: Manufacturer said that most likely they won't be able to complete it before Chinese New Year. The realistic ETA is first half of March. That will cover everybody + extra units. Sorry for the long wait.

gcompsw: turned out quicker than I've expected, prototypes were ordered. There won't be sync issues similar to the ones I've had with gscartsw because there is no any sync processing.
Any idea when you'll open orders for the new gcompsw? Also will you leave the orders open for a while like you have with gscartsw?
superg

Post by superg »

Vasid wrote:Any idea when you'll open orders for the new gcompsw? Also will you leave the orders open for a while like you have with gscartsw?
This is still too early to discuss, first prototypes has to be here.
Vasid

Post by Vasid »

superg wrote:
Vasid wrote:Any idea when you'll open orders for the new gcompsw? Also will you leave the orders open for a while like you have with gscartsw?
This is still too early to discuss, first prototypes has to be here.
Fair enough, I'll keep watching here for news.
codeX

Post by codeX »

superg wrote: Second sub batch: Manufacturer said that most likely they won't be able to complete it before Chinese New Year. The realistic ETA is first half of March. That will cover everybody + extra units. Sorry for the long wait.
Thanks for the heads up. I believe I'm in that second sub batch as I received your email back in October about a shipment delay pushing it beyond the holidays. No problem waiting a little longer and appreciate the info.
wildchild22

Post by wildchild22 »

It sure would be nice if the new gcompsw could have toslink optical and coaxial inputs and the ability to transcode to either toslink or coaxial on the outputs. As most hd sources with component video support digital audio.
Soundwave GI

Post by Soundwave GI »

How do we know which batch we are in?
Vasid

Post by Vasid »

wildchild22 wrote:It sure would be nice if the new gcompsw could have toslink optical and coaxial inputs and the ability to transcode to either toslink or coaxial on the outputs. As most hd sources with component video support digital audio.
What do you mean? Like make it so each component input has an optical in as well? Because otherwise you're not getting a digital signal from those systems, it's not like HDMI where it can just be sent along the same cable.
comp1demon

Post by comp1demon »

Vasid wrote:
wildchild22 wrote:It sure would be nice if the new gcompsw could have toslink optical and coaxial inputs and the ability to transcode to either toslink or coaxial on the outputs. As most hd sources with component video support digital audio.
What do you mean? Like make it so each component input has an optical in as well? Because otherwise you're not getting a digital signal from those systems, it's not like HDMI where it can just be sent along the same cable.
I understand what he is asking for.

Each Component input, along with R/L RCA audio he is looking for a TOSLINK Optical and Coaxial input for each one. Then on the output also having a Optical / Coaxial TOSLINK as well but with dual output. Hence... If you have inputs 1,2,3 with TOSLINK optical and Inputs 4,5,6,7 with TOSLINK Coaxial. On the output regardless of which one you use Optical or Coaxial (or both) would have the audio.

I have a device called the CO2 from Maudio that does this. It takes both Coaxial or OPtical unputs and allows you to output to either one. Hence Crossing over the Connection types. Having this kind of feature integrated would be cool, i agree.

I do agree that would be a fantastic feature. My PSYCLONE component switch has this feature built into it, but you can not cross over signal types. If you had 4 TOSLINK coaxial inputs in use, your output had to be Coaxial as well to your sound source (receiver). While it did have TOSLINK optical on it as well, again if you wanted to use optical you need to output optical as well.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

superg wrote:The first sub batch is ready for the drop off tomorrow.

March??? lollololololol
PauluzNL

Post by PauluzNL »

I waited almost a year for my PSIO preorder to arrive... I can handle this :D
Dazdigo

Post by Dazdigo »

I was in the same boat with my PSIO. I am used to waiting a long time on nitch products. As long as I am on the wait list, I am happy.
slerch666

Post by slerch666 »

Background for those that haven't seen the entire thread.

tusecsy has been trolling SuperG for a long, long time. No idea what his issue is. He has supposedly been banned from buying any devices from SuperG
superg

Post by superg »

Dazdigo wrote:I was in the same boat with my PSIO. I am used to waiting a long time on nitch products. As long as I am on the wait list, I am happy.
I'm still waiting for my PSIO :)