gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
superg

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by superg »

Note wrote:Hey G, I was interested in purchasing a gcompsw switch but noticed it's currently listed as sold out. Will there be a restock? And if so, what's the estimated timeframe? Thanks!
I didn't have time to update order page. Basically I am switching gcompsw distribution to Castlemania Games - will not be selling gcompsw myself anymore.
Feel free to order there.
Note

Post by Note »

Thanks for the info about the change in distribution for the gcompsw -- I'll look into ordering from Castlemania. Appreciate the quick response.
at0micgarden

Post by at0micgarden »

superg wrote:
Note wrote:Hey G, I was interested in purchasing a gcompsw switch but noticed it's currently listed as sold out. Will there be a restock? And if so, what's the estimated timeframe? Thanks!
I didn't have time to update order page. Basically I am switching gcompsw distribution to Castlemania Games - will not be selling gcompsw myself anymore.
Hey sir, I placed an order on your site direct and it looked like the payment went through via PayPal. Would you mind canceling that so I can order from you new distributor? I can PM you info if needed.
ohtagerbilhero

Post by ohtagerbilhero »

superg wrote:I didn't have time to update order page. Basically I am switching gcompsw distribution to Castlemania Games - will not be selling gcompsw myself anymore.
I wasn't aware of this when I placed my gscartsw order on Feb 19th... will you be cancelling and refunding orders already placed?
superg

Post by superg »

Guys, I want to stress on a fact, that I will not be selling GCOMPSW directly anymore.
However I still sell GSCARTSW directly, please pay attention!
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

superg wrote:Guys, I want to stress on a fact, that I will not be selling GCOMPSW directly anymore.
This is good news, It must be a hassle to have to deal with all of this yourself. I checked with CG however, and they also seem to be selling the GSCARTSW on preorder. So you will both be selling it?
superg

Post by superg »

ldeveraux wrote: This is good news, It must be a hassle to have to deal with all of this yourself. I checked with CG however, and they also seem to be selling the GSCARTSW on preorder. So you will both be selling it?
Eventually it will move to CastleMania too, we are just starting.
superg

Post by superg »

ohtagerbilhero wrote:
superg wrote:I didn't have time to update order page. Basically I am switching GCOMPSW distribution to Castlemania Games - will not be selling gcompsw myself anymore.
I wasn't aware of this when I placed my GSCARTSW order on Feb 19th... will you be cancelling and refunding orders already placed?
Ugh... Read again the text you quoted.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

I was thinking about getting my bumpers made elsewhere, than Laser Bear. I found the files on Retro RGB. Since this was posted in 2019, I was curious if this would still fit on the newer models?

https://www.retrorgb.com/gcomp-switch-8 ... -case.html
IPD

Post by IPD »

Can we still expect more gscartsw units to be available during March? I ordered one at the beginning of January, and would appreciate a status update. :)
superg

Post by superg »

evil_ash_xero wrote:I was thinking about getting my bumpers made elsewhere, than Laser Bear. I found the files on Retro RGB. Since this was posted in 2019, I was curious if this would still fit on the newer models?
Should be possible I guess if you have an access to 3D printer, one thing to be aware of is that the first very small gcompsw 8:2 batch had taller connectors and I think the early bumper case proto was taller. But on RetroRGB pics it looks like this is the newer bumper (what is used today). Also I'm not aware of any revision changes, maybe Greg tuned up something.
IPD wrote:Can we still expect more gscartsw units to be available during March? I ordered one at the beginning of January, and would appreciate a status update. :)
The gscartsw units are here. I am testing and assembling the cases and starting shipping all the orders end of this week.
IPD

Post by IPD »

superg wrote:The gscartsw units are here. I am testing and assembling the cases and starting shipping all the orders end of this week.
Awesome news. Thank you.
RGB0b

Post by RGB0b »

Hao wrote:
retrorgb wrote:
xerotyme wrote:I recently purchased a gcompsw and I also own a Framemeister and I am aware that you are not supposed to use supergun conversions with either as they can permanently damage both. I just purchased a Omega MVS from arcadeworks as well as this upgrade:

https://castlemaniagames.com/products/r ... -the-omega

I was wondering if anyone knows if this combo is safe to use with both the gcompsw and Framemeister?
As for the cables I will be using, I have a HD Retrovision Genesis cable as is required by the replacement A/V board. If it is not safe to use luckily I have a nice Sony CRT that I can hook it up to. Not sure if this would have any impact on the situation but I plan to use this flashcart with the MVS:

https://stoneagegamer.com/neosd-pro-mvs.html

Thanks in advance for any advice/helpful input!!! :)
100% safe to use as long as you use a properly-built Genesis 2 cable - You said you're using the HD Retrovisions, so that's both safe and an excellent choice.
As a note, flash carts don't matter for video output. Fair question though!
Would this include a JNX CMVS with a quality scart cable?
No clue. I'm only vouching for stuff I've personally tested, which is the Omega with replacement board and the Open MVS. I'm by no means trying to say they're they "only" good choice, I just don't feel comfortable guessing about something I haven't tested myself.
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

superg wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:I was thinking about getting my bumpers made elsewhere, than Laser Bear. I found the files on Retro RGB. Since this was posted in 2019, I was curious if this would still fit on the newer models?
Should be possible I guess if you have an access to 3D printer, one thing to be aware of is that the first very small gcompsw 8:2 batch had taller connectors and I think the early bumper case proto was taller. But on RetroRGB pics it looks like this is the newer bumper (what is used today). Also I'm not aware of any revision changes, maybe Greg tuned up something.
Thanks.
moorebwb

Post by moorebwb »

Hi there,

Does the mister fpga work with ok with gscart switcher without any power issues or blowing up etc?
daty2k1

Post by daty2k1 »

moorebwb wrote:Hi there,

Does the mister fpga work with ok with gscart switcher without any power issues or blowing up etc?
Works perfectly for me, even in 480p or 720p on my BVM.
Lan Di

Post by Lan Di »

superg wrote:Guys, I want to stress on a fact, that I will not be selling GCOMPSW directly anymore.
Nice! I just ordered one today.
superg

Post by superg »

I started to ship everybody's pre-orders, first come first served, please be patient!
Hao

Post by Hao »

Got my order in!!!
8bitForLife

Post by 8bitForLife »

is a tracking number given out? and thank you superg
superg

Post by superg »

8bitForLife wrote:is a tracking number given out? and thank you superg
Sent automatically by PayPal once I print a shipping label.
daty2k1

Post by daty2k1 »

So if I didn't get a tracking number by now, does that mean I should be in the next batch? Sorry for asking but I just want to see approximately when I can expect it or if I should maybe order from Castlemania games?
superg

Post by superg »

daty2k1 wrote:So if I didn't get a tracking number by now, does that mean I should be in the next batch? Sorry for asking but I just want to see approximately when I can expect it or if I should maybe order from Castlemania games?
There is no next batch, I have enough switches to cover all pre-orders, the plan is to ship each order this week, please be patient.
daty2k1

Post by daty2k1 »

OK great thank you for your answer. Sorry if it sounded like I was being impatient, it was not my intent. Thanks for the hard work!
superg

Post by superg »

All orders before and including February 11 are shipped, the plan still is to ship the remaining pre-orders this week (probably on a weekend and Monday drop off)
Valandil

Post by Valandil »

Hello everyone! I've been using a GCOMPSW for some months now and I must say this switch is FANTASTIC!! Really easy to set up (actually no set up at all), awesome build construction and full compatibility with the devices I've tried it with, it just works and works perfectly. Amazing job superg!

I have 1 slot left in my switch and I'm planning on using an Analogue Mega SG with one of their DAC's on it but wanted to ask about compatibility. I'm sure this has been tested, asked and answered but going through pages and pages on this thread was a bit too much.

Can any of you fine gentlemen let me know if the Analogue Mega SG pair with their DAC is compatible with the GCOMPSW?

Thanks in advance!
superg

Post by superg »

Valandil wrote:Hello everyone! I've been using a GCOMPSW for some months now and I must say this switch is FANTASTIC!! Really easy to set up (actually no set up at all), awesome build construction and full compatibility with the devices I've tried it with, it just works and works perfectly. Amazing job superg!

I have 1 slot left in my switch and I'm planning on using an Analogue Mega SG with one of their DAC's on it but wanted to ask about compatibility. I'm sure this has been tested, asked and answered but going through pages and pages on this thread was a bit too much.

Can any of you fine gentlemen let me know if the Analogue Mega SG pair with their DAC is compatible with the GCOMPSW?

Thanks in advance!
Thanks, happy that you like it!
I have Analogue DAC here in the box but not too much time to check that out but it should work.
Diggs

Post by Diggs »

Hi! I wonder if theres any status update on 5.3 sales? I'm very tempted to buy one, but a bit uneasy since last update was back in the beginning of january and point of contact is this thread afaik.

I have, maybe a bit "tricky" setup, and I'm not very deep into the technical sides of these things, so I will add a support question as well.

My current setup:
Bang & Olufsen MX7000 + a BeoCenter 1
PAL Nintendo Wii with the PAL-specific RGB scart from retrogamingcables.
NTSC-J Super Famicom with RGB scart from retrogamingcables
NTSC-J Dreamcast, waiting for retrogamingcables to stock up RGB scart
NTSC-U NES, still on composite, but debating rgb mod it

I'm not very afraid that the gscart wont support all of them, but my concern is if I have to take some caution in regards of the settings. This setup, when swapping between consoles. The PAL specific rgb cable for Wii the most. I use my softmodded Wii to run NTSC gamecube games. This, out of the box with the RGB cable gave me some headache as it was only displaying black and red picture. LUCKILY there was a setting in Nintendont to Force PAL60 (with an deflicker option) to solve this and get a steady picture at least. Could this cause issues if I'm not switching settings on the gscartsw when swapping consoles?

Again sorry about this maybe noob question. Hope I can get a clear answer on this topic, and of course if it's OK to place an order now withouh having to wait in vain.
Valandil

Post by Valandil »

I love it! Ever since I have it I've been playing more classic games, is just too damn good just to turn the console on without thinking about connections and cables.

Yeah I also think the Analogue DAC should work, I was just wondering if that has been posted and answered here before.

One of the outputs in my GCOMPSW goes to my Framemeister, if I run the Analogue Mega SG (HDMI) >> DAC >> GCOMPSW >> Framemeister, would I lose perceptible signal quality by converting the digital signal to analog and then again to digital?
superg

Post by superg »

Valandil wrote:I love it! Ever since I have it I've been playing more classic games, is just too damn good just to turn the console on without thinking about connections and cables.

Yeah I also think the Analogue DAC should work, I was just wondering if that has been posted and answered here before.

One of the outputs in my GCOMPSW goes to my Framemeister, if I run the Analogue Mega SG (HDMI) >> DAC >> GCOMPSW >> Framemeister, would I lose perceptible signal quality by converting the digital signal to analog and then again to digital?
You shouldn't notice anything.