gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
minorOffense

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by minorOffense »

superg wrote:Guys, I got all gcompsw units delivered. Getting ready to start flashing and testing everything. Will be shipping next week.
Dusted the reserved spot behind my TV next to my gscartsw in anticipation.
dammit57

Post by dammit57 »

Hi

Really excited to have just ordered a Gscartsw, can't wait to integrate it into my Framemeister setup.

Just two questions please, regarding JP21, and Saturn Scart cables.

I currently use a JP21 cable to connect my Saturn (NTSC-J) to my framemeister (Just my Saturn - all other consoles I have use Euro-scart). Could I get away with using a JP-21 > Euro Scart adaptor plug to connect my Saturn's JP-21 plug to the GScart? Or will I need to purchase a new Saturn scart lead?

And then my second question

If I do need to buy one, looking at Retrogamingcables.com, do you think I'd have better luck with their Saturn "Sync on Luma (NTSC/PAL)", or "NTSC CSYNC via pin 1 (DO NOT USE ON PAL!)" variant? I leaning towards the sync-on-luma.

Thanks
the Goat

Post by the Goat »

dammit57 wrote:Could I get away with using a JP-21 > Euro Scart adaptor plug to connect my Saturn's JP-21 plug to the GScart?
That should work fine.
dammit57 wrote:If I do need to buy one, looking at Retrogamingcables.com, do you think I'd have better luck with their Saturn "Sync on Luma (NTSC/PAL)", or "NTSC CSYNC via pin 1 (DO NOT USE ON PAL!)" variant? I leaning towards the sync-on-luma.
retrogamingcables.com does not exist!!! What magical website are you viewing?

For an NTSC-J Saturn you want csync not sync on luma.
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
dammit57

Post by dammit57 »

Thanks for your reply :)

Woops, sorry got the URL wrong. Retrogamingcables.co.uk, rather.

Great to know the JP21 adapter could be an option. And also cool to confirm which Scart Lead would suit if I was to purchase a fresh one. Thanks for the info.

Regards
ffoobar

Post by ffoobar »

@superg, I see your signature states that you're from Ukraine. Is this information correct? I just wanted to be sure that domestic shipping would be possible so that I didn't have to pay for the goods at the Customs.
LapinBeau

Post by LapinBeau »

Definitely looking forward to getting the 8x2 switch, so I can get rid of all these Y-splitter cables!

Currently I have Three HDRetrovision SNES cables. Plugged into my modded SNES, NES, and N64.
I also have the HDRetrovision cables for my Genesis, as well as my PS2.
Got the GCHD MkII going for my gamecube too, using some Wii component cables for that... and of course, for my actual Wii.

That makes uh

7 systems total. So yeah. I'm very happy that this 8x2 switch is being made!

I honestly don't know what I'd do with that last slot, what sort of system I'd get. Maybe a PSIO-modded PS1?

Actually, do PSIO mods work on the PS2? Or no?
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

LapinBeau wrote:Actually, do PSIO mods work on the PS2? Or no?
Even if they did, what would be the point? Your compatibility wouldn't be perfect because none of the PS2 revisions have all of the PS1 hardware.
superg

Post by superg »

I am continuing to assemble / pack gcompsw switches today and tomorrow I will be printing shipping labels.
Good news as I think that I will be able to cover every gcompsw purchased until today, and maybe some units in stock, at least that's what paypal estimated inventory tells me.
Tobbis

Post by Tobbis »

superg wrote:I am continuing to assemble / pack gcompsw switches today and tomorrow I will be printing shipping labels.
Good news as I think that I will be able to cover every gcompsw purchased until today, and maybe some units in stock, at least that's what paypal estimated inventory tells me.
So if I ordered today, I would actually receive one fairly quickly???

LapinBeau wrote:Definitely looking forward to getting the 8x2 switch, so I can get rid of all these Y-splitter cables!
Actually, do PSIO mods work on the PS2? Or no?
No, it works off of the I/O port in the back of the early model PS1s. Exactly like the PS1 Gameshark.
jvggopher9

Post by jvggopher9 »

Superg, I sent you a pm as well but do you need signature confirmation or anything with shipping? I am actually going to be out of town for 10 days starting Friday and would rather not have the package delivered and sitting on my steps to get stolen or just sitting in the heat for days. If you don’t do that could you just wait to ship mine until later so it gets here the first week of August?
the Goat

Post by the Goat »

jvggopher9 wrote:Superg, I sent you a pm as well but do you need signature confirmation or anything with shipping? I am actually going to be out of town for 10 days starting Friday and would rather not have the package delivered and sitting on my steps to get stolen or just sitting in the heat for days. If you don’t do that could you just wait to ship mine until later so it gets here the first week of August?
Just request that USPS holds your mail while you are away.
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
superg

Post by superg »

jvggopher9 wrote:Superg, I sent you a pm as well but do you need signature confirmation or anything with shipping? I am actually going to be out of town for 10 days starting Friday and would rather not have the package delivered and sitting on my steps to get stolen or just sitting in the heat for days. If you don’t do that could you just wait to ship mine until later so it gets here the first week of August?
PM sent, I can hold it no prob.
Cannonballs

Post by Cannonballs »

the Goat wrote:
Just request that USPS holds your mail while you are away.
And pray they actually hold it
minorOffense

Post by minorOffense »

:D Got my shipping notification!
AceFan84

Post by AceFan84 »

minorOffense wrote::D Got my shipping notification!
Got mine too, so excited!!! My order of 3 rgb cables from hd retrovision is supposed to be here on Monday as well...what a week!!!
xlom3000

Post by xlom3000 »

Awesome! Hoping to see my notification in the coming days! Excited to finally get all my consoles organized without having to swap cables.
Foxe

Post by Foxe »

dammit57 wrote:I currently use a JP21 cable to connect my Saturn (NTSC-J) to my framemeister (Just my Saturn - all other consoles I have use Euro-scart). Could I get away with using a JP-21 > Euro Scart adaptor plug to connect my Saturn's JP-21 plug to the GScart? Or will I need to purchase a new Saturn scart lead?

If I do need to buy one, looking at Retrogamingcables.com, do you think I'd have better luck with their Saturn "Sync on Luma (NTSC/PAL)", or "NTSC CSYNC via pin 1 (DO NOT USE ON PAL!)" variant? I leaning towards the sync-on-luma.
Absolutely you can, but it would probably be easier to just get a scart cable for the Saturn, right? It's not region locked based on the cord in any way as far as I know. Getting an RGB Saturn Scart cable should work fine and simplify your set up. One of the more important things I've found is getting a high quality scart cable to go from the gscartsw to the framemeister directly. I would recommend cables from https://retro-access.com/. They will make you a cord that goes directly from scart to the 8pin connector that the framemeister requires. That's what I have and it's really clean to avoid these adapters. No trouble whatsoever with my SNES, RGB N64, NESRGB, Jaguar, PS2, GameCube through eon and many more. :D

As for the sync options, I generally hear different opinions for different things. For me and my dumb opinion, I like CSync. From what I hear, it generally doesn't matter so long as you get high quality cords with proper shielding. I bought all mine from retro access as well.
Reluctant Hero

Post by Reluctant Hero »

superg wrote:I am continuing to assemble / pack gcompsw switches today and tomorrow I will be printing shipping labels.
Hi SuperG, do you have any of the current gCOMPsw left? I will place an order today if you do. Thank you!
superg

Post by superg »

Reluctant Hero wrote:
Hi SuperG, do you have any of the current gCOMPsw left? I will place an order today if you do. Thank you!
I will be able to answer that after I ship everything.
Reluctant Hero

Post by Reluctant Hero »

superg wrote:
Reluctant Hero wrote:
I will be able to answer that after I ship everything.
Thank you for the response . I’ll keep an eye on the thread for updates.

Edit: I went ahead and placed an order. I’ve been waffling on this for too long and I’d rather take my chances and secure my place in line.

I’m very excited to upgrade from the 4:1 gCOMPsw I purchased from a fellow shmups forum user last fall. It’ll be great to not have to juggle inputs and have two outputs; one to my 480p EDTV lcd and one to the future RetroTink or OSSC that I’ll purchase to capture video for hobby YouTube vids.
ClarkDV

Post by ClarkDV »

Hey SuperG, I see you said gcompsw orders would be getting shipment labels on Sunday. I didn’t receive my shipping notification yet. Just curious if they’re all done, or if you were just starting to ship them out Sunday. Thanks.
Stendal

Post by Stendal »

Got my tracking notification for my gcompsw and my OSSC. This is gonna be a good week boys and girls.
Leewrigley

Post by Leewrigley »

Hi guys just a few questions to ask about the gscart model, so currently I have two of the automatic bandridge switchers which works pretty seemlessly tbh, I do notice a fair bit of noise on the picture from pretty much all my consoles even when using pack a punch scary cables which is odd, bare in mind I do use ossc- 4x so I know this would make the noise more visible but I would like to reduce this if possible. Strangely though even when I completely isolate the console from the system and connect directly to ossc-I still see this noise, so who knows.

Do you think that the gscart would help with this in any way at all?

Another thing I noticed was that on the gscart page it says it have a built in video amplifier. Recently I have been looking into getting a Sega Mark iii which is reported to have a very weak and dull native RGB signal, is this amplifier something that would potentially help with this also.

Lastly I do get intermittent drop outs just for a second sometimes when playing games through my ossc- do you think this would have something to do with the bandridge switches and their sync perhaps?

If anyone can clear any of this up for me that would be awesome, thanks a bunch.
superg

Post by superg »

As of tonight, each and every gcompsw is shipped, will drop the rest tomorrow.
Finally I can say that I still have gcompsw units in stock!

Another good news is that gscartsw shipment is on it's way.
Reluctant Hero

Post by Reluctant Hero »

Thank you, SuperG!
rigisme

Post by rigisme »

I've actually been "on vacation" (in my head) since early July.
Was excited to see a "shipment on the way" email from PayPal when I finally checked my email!
H6rdc0re

Post by H6rdc0re »

Can't wait for my GscartSW!! :D
AceFan84

Post by AceFan84 »

Just tried out my gcompsw and everything seems to work great! Thanks so much superg, really appreciate the work you put into these things!
moltomolto

Post by moltomolto »

It feels like forever ago that I put in my pre-order for the GCOMPSW, but I got it last night and the wait was worth it. I didn't expect this but picture quality looks better to me than on the Pelican switch I was using before, and this takes up way less space. Thanks again SuperG for the amazing products you bring to this community.
metallik

Post by metallik »

Just received mine, looks great! Very happy it arrived today; now I have the weekend to get everything setup. I will likely reallocate the old 4port gcompsw to a TATE setup.