gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
the Goat

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by the Goat »

superg wrote:Finally jitter is fixed, now working on SoG HD stability.
Nice! Keep up the good work.
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

superg wrote:Finally jitter is fixed, now working on SoG HD stability.
w00t!
magus90

Post by magus90 »

Awesome, might need a 3rd GSCART at this rate! :)

Do any of you guys know if a Dreamcast Toro box works with the Gscart? In 480p mode?

Thanks
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

magus90 wrote:Do any of you guys know if a Dreamcast Toro box works with the Gscart? In 480p mode?
It will. Just use a good-quality male-to-male SCART cable, and ensure that the Dreamcast mode switch (the one in the bank of four switches closes to the console) is set to 480p, or use the mode switch trick to get normally-480i-only games into 480p mode.
the Goat

Post by the Goat »

nmalinoski wrote:
magus90 wrote:Do any of you guys know if a Dreamcast Toro box works with the Gscart? In 480p mode?
It will. Just use a good-quality male-to-male SCART cable, and ensure that the Dreamcast mode switch (the one in the bank of four switches closes to the console) is set to 480p, or use the mode switch trick to get normally-480i-only games into 480p mode.
I can also confirm the Dreamcast Toro box works with the gscartsw for 480p (and 480i) content.
-the Goat
magus90

Post by magus90 »

Thanks guys, just wanted to be sure i didn't damage my Gscart by sending a 480p signal or something into it. Safe than sorry kind of thing.

I assume the Sync switch should be OFF on the gscart? I never use it except for my PAL GC with rgb cables. If i don't use that switch the picure goes bananas.
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

magus90 wrote:Thanks guys, just wanted to be sure i didn't damage my Gscart by sending a 480p signal or something into it. Safe than sorry kind of thing.

I assume the Sync switch should be OFF on the gscart? I never use it except for my PAL GC with rgb cables. If i don't use that switch the picure goes bananas.
There's no harm leaving the switch on. It'll shift the picture slightly horizontally. But that's it. The only thing that might damage your older gscartsw is too high voltage signals. As long as you're using home consoles and cables from a reputable seller (retrogamingcables.co.uk or retro-access.com are my goto places). Then you have nothing to worry about.
superg

Post by superg »

Thought about the current availability a bit: what if I go ahead with gscartsw_lite batch while I'm still working on sog?
Just curious how many pre-order people would rather have gscartsw_lite now than sog edition later (of course the price difference would be refunded).
If I get a positive response here, I might send this question in email to everybody who pre-ordered and go ahead and make the order.
sandor

Post by sandor »

superg wrote:Thought about the current availability a bit: what if I go ahead with gscartsw_lite batch while I'm still working on sog?
Just curious how many pre-order people would rather have gscartsw_lite now than sog edition later (of course the price difference would be refunded).
If I get a positive response here, I might send this question in email to everybody who pre-ordered and go ahead and make the order.
Sounds very appealing...I guess for me it'd really depend on how much longer we'd have to wait for SoG...I'm not too much in a hurry but then again I don't really have much use for SoG....
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

I'm happy to wait for as long as required for the full-fat SoG version :)
Jman

Post by Jman »

superg wrote:Thought about the current availability a bit: what if I go ahead with gscartsw_lite batch while I'm still working on sog?
I really want the "audio / video input protection" you are building into this device. So if that's the full version, I would rather wait :D
xwred5

Post by xwred5 »

I would rather wait for SoG. Thanks for your hard work!
slerch666

Post by slerch666 »

If I were in the first batch, which I am not, I would still wait. Would rather have the full featured set without having to send it back, etc for firmware updates.
the Goat

Post by the Goat »

I'll wait for sync on green.
-the Goat
juji82

Post by juji82 »

I'll wait for the SoG , too. 8)
superg

Post by superg »

I'm getting some good progress here right now but don't want to jinx it ;)
djc5166

Post by djc5166 »

Would wait for the extra features.
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

I'm a bad sample point because I've already got 3 switches. But I would wait for the 2 I ordered to have all the improvements
Dopefish

Post by Dopefish »

I don't mind waiting :)
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

sandor wrote:
Sounds very appealing...I guess for me it'd really depend on how much longer we'd have to wait for SoG...I'm not too much in a hurry but then again I don't really have much use for SoG....
Same. I'd actually go for the lite sooner, in my case I would only need SoG for PS2, and usually I'm not a fan of 480p anyway.
comp1demon

Post by comp1demon »

I'll wait.. Thanks
morfeo

Post by morfeo »

I will wait. Take the time you need Superg, I am just so incredibly thankful that you continue to develop this awesome product.
Nosgothy

Post by Nosgothy »

I'll wait for as long as needed superg. Just take your time mate.
Llortus

Post by Llortus »

Just echoing the sentiments of others - willing to wait. Thanks for going out of your way to provide us with options though!
akerasi

Post by akerasi »

Personally, I'd prefer a version with no SOG that arrived sooner. I am one who pre-ordered.
Dazdigo

Post by Dazdigo »

Rather wait for SoG.
Vasid

Post by Vasid »

Not sure which batch I'm even in, but I'd like to wait for SoG just because I do think it could potentially help with my specific set-up.

Edit: Okay, so now I've got a component to SCART cable which lets me run YPbPr to my PVM via a SCART to BNC cable, this madness is working like a charm so far. Now just to see if the new gSCART can detect and send the signal on unmolested. God speed superg.
Last edited by Vasid on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mufasa

Post by Mufasa »

superg is there a way I can get in contact with you about changing my address on the preorder. I unexpectedly had to move on short notice.
thanks
superg

Post by superg »

Mufasa wrote:superg is there a way I can get in contact with you about changing my address on the preorder. I unexpectedly had to move on short notice.
thanks
PM me your paypal transaction id and email and I will note it down.
samson7point1

Post by samson7point1 »

I don't actually need those features now, but if I ever do need them down the line, I'm going to feel silly that I didn't wait a couple more months for a feature-complete switch.