gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Jman

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by Jman »

Again with the Ad Hominems, sad. You'll see I'm right come 4 months from now when the next batch hasn't shipped, and SuperG comes up with a few new excuses as to why...
Just go away. Nobody cares how you feel about any delays ...
Vasid

Post by Vasid »

tusecsy wrote: Again with the Ad Hominems, sad. You'll see I'm right come 4 months from now when the next batch hasn't shipped, and SuperG comes up with a few new excuses as to why...
Try not to use big words you don't understand, ad hominem means more than just "wahh he insulted me!!!". I addressed your argument and why it was stupid, but of course you can't actually reply to that and instead have to do more fear mongering, baiting, and crying. Sad.
parodius

Post by parodius »

Yep, received my shipping notification during the night. It's happening :D
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
Taiyaki

Post by Taiyaki »

superg wrote:
Taiyaki wrote: So the Chinese side was holding it up, thanks for the explanation.
Not only that. It was a combination of things. First of all it was a first prototype issue with HD signal (720p+) which triggered another revision and following firmware rewrite. There were two prototype batches and one small final batch until all the problems have been taken cared of. I couldn't risk ordering a lot of units without making sure it's all good. And final order which covered everybody's unit (at the time) was right before Chinese New Year. I report everything here so those who read know why all the delays.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I would have gone back to search but with the 120+ pages to go through I wasn't feeling it. lol
Vasid wrote:
tusecsy wrote: Again with the Ad Hominems, sad. You'll see I'm right come 4 months from now when the next batch hasn't shipped, and SuperG comes up with a few new excuses as to why...
Try not to use big words you don't understand, ad hominem means more than just "wahh he insulted me!!!". I addressed your argument and why it was stupid, but of course you can't actually reply to that and instead have to do more fear mongering, baiting, and crying. Sad.
It's ok, I think he's entitled to his opinion if he feels he had a bad experience. Personally I know Superg is the man and his switches are the best. If he were doing these full time on a store I would think this is not correct but he's just doing this on the side (I heard this from a video interview he gave some Youtube fellow a few months ago) and frankly he probably doesn't need to keep this going, it's really a great service to the community in my opinion. I'm saddened by the delays but I'll take that any day over going for something less than the gscartsw.
cook99

Post by cook99 »

Just got my second shipping confirmation for the 2 units I ordered, thanks so much superg!
Please ignore the pathetic troll, you do amazing work and it's so appreciated by the community. Who cares about 180 days return policy when everything has always been delivered with no reason to not trust you. Can't wait to order the new gcomp next.
Link83

Post by Link83 »

If you have a spare moment superg I just had a couple of questions...

I currently have a gscartsw_lite (v1.6) and am hoping to buy a gscartsw v5.2 in the near future.

Firstly is it possible to daisy chain the gscartsw v5.2 into the gscartsw_lite without any signal degradation? (Using a high quality 30cm SCART cable)

Secondly if possible i'm hoping the gscartsw v5.2 might be able to replace my current Component switcher and give me a few extra SCART inputs in the process, plus potentially have them output to both an XRGB Mini and an OSSC at the same time.

My plan if possible is this:-
-Use Component to SCART adapters to connect the four component systems I own (PS2/Xbox/GC/Wii) to the gscartsw v5.2
-Connect the 1st gscartsw v5.2 output into the gscartsw_lite
-Connect the 2nd gscartsw v5.2 output to a SCART>Component and a Component>D-Terminal adapter into the XRGB Mini's YPbPr D-Terminal input
-Connect the 1st gscartsw_lite output into the XRGB Mini's RGBS mini DIN input
-Connect the 2nd gscartsw_lite output into the OSSC's SCART input (Using the remote to switch between RGBS and YPbPr depending on the console)

Does this seem possible, or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance for any advice superg, and please know that your hard work is appreciated :)
superg

Post by superg »

Link83 wrote: Firstly is it possible to daisy chain the gscartsw v5.2 into the gscartsw_lite without any signal degradation? (Using a high quality 30cm SCART cable)
Yes, of course you can.
Link83 wrote: Secondly if possible i'm hoping the gscartsw v5.2 might be able to replace my current Component switcher and give me a few extra SCART inputs in the process, plus potentially have them output to both an XRGB Mini and an OSSC at the same time.

My plan if possible is this:-
-Use Component to SCART adapters to connect the four component systems I own (PS2/Xbox/GC/Wii) to the gscartsw v5.2
-Connect the 1st gscartsw v5.2 output into the gscartsw_lite
-Connect the 2nd gscartsw v5.2 output to a SCART>Component and a Component>D-Terminal adapter into the XRGB Mini's YPbPr D-Terminal input
-Connect the 1st gscartsw_lite output into the XRGB Mini's RGBS mini DIN input
-Connect the 2nd gscartsw_lite output into the OSSC's SCART input (Using the remote to switch between RGBS and YPbPr depending on the console)

Does this seem possible, or have I missed something?

Thanks in advance for any advice superg, and please know that your hard work is appreciated :)
Yeah, I think it's possible but it's quite a complex setup with 3 outputs :).
Dazdigo

Post by Dazdigo »

Just got my shipping information! Now I just need to wait for the gcompsw.

If someone is knows where to get a Scart - Component passthrough adapter, let me know.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

Vasid wrote:
Be a SuperG sycophant all you want. Fact is his time frame for shipping estimates are a joke, simply pointing that out to potential buyers.

I'm sure the next batch will be shipping in 2 months...sure...sure.
Vasid

Post by Vasid »

tusecsy wrote: Be a SuperG sycophant all you want.
Lol, now that, my mentally challenged friend, is an ad hominem. When you just ignore what I say and call me a name in an attempt to discredit the logical arguments I've made, that's an ad hominem. Happy to teach you a little lesson, take it with you. I'd say I'll be here to laugh at you in 2 months but I just got my shipping conformation so looks like my switch is on the way (In March, like SuperG promised). Stay salty you miserable failed troll.
KentaZX

Post by KentaZX »

I just got an email from paypal saying the switch is shipped and on its way. Thank you for all your hard work SuperG.
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

tusecsy wrote:Fact is his time frame for shipping estimates are a joke, simply pointing that out to potential buyers.
Fact is his time frame for shipping gscart switches is alot better than yours tusecsy, or anyone else in the world for this particular product for that matter.
He's one guy doing an amazing service to us all, get over yourself impatient troll.
bianconero

Post by bianconero »

So what's the deal here? Seems like there is a lot of FUD going on here...

I created this account especially for this. I am really excited about this product, so if I order now the estimate delivery date would be in 2 month?

I don't mind waiting, but any recommendations for a cheap switcher to use until I get this holy grail?
bianconero

Post by bianconero »

So whats the deal here? Seems like there is some FUD going on here...

I am excited about this product, so if I order today what would the ETA be? 2 months?

Also what would be a good & cheap switcher one could get in the meantime?
Dekkia

Post by Dekkia »

[Edit] Removed
Last edited by Dekkia on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renmauzo

Post by Renmauzo »

Hi superg,

I saw in the first post that pre-orders are opening up this month for the gcompsw and if I haven't missed the window, I'd like to put in for a pre-order please.
Namdor

Post by Namdor »

Renmauzo wrote:Hi superg,

I saw in the first post that pre-orders are opening up this month for the gcompsw and if I haven't missed the window, I'd like to put in for a pre-order please.
You haven't missed the preorders yet. Just have to wait for him to announce it in this thread.
morfeo

Post by morfeo »

My switch shipped!

Thanks a ton Superg!
Gara

Post by Gara »

Dazdigo wrote:Just got my shipping information! Now I just need to wait for the gcompsw.

If someone is knows where to get a Scart - Component passthrough adapter, let me know.
Retro-access made me a pretty nice looking one. I think it still requires use of their custom cable builder.

http://imgur.com/a/ujhG00S

With all the mods this last year the only systems I have left that need component is the pspgo and an old dvd player. Still exciting to have it all through one switch.
MarioDS64

Post by MarioDS64 »

Weird I haven't gotten my shipping info. Are they still being sent out? I ordered mine in December.
RGB0b

Post by RGB0b »

Why is Tucesy not banned yet? This is the exact type of shit that gives forums a bad name and why I almost NEVER post here anymore. He's a known troll that only posts to start fights and cross-posts on different forums to fan the fire. There's no reason to allow him to post unless the mods WANT the drama.

This isn't neo-geo.com. Don't let it turn into that.
Ant1-Hero

Post by Ant1-Hero »

:shock: Patiently waiting for that shipping confirmation, but appreciative of the hard work that goes into them. I've been checking my email every hour in anticipation
superg

Post by superg »

retrorgb wrote:Why is Tucesy not banned yet? This is the exact type of shit that gives forums a bad name and why I almost NEVER post here anymore. He's a known troll that only posts to start fights and cross-posts on different forums to fan the fire. There's no reason to allow him to post unless the mods WANT the drama.

It doesn't seem that mods are very active here.
tunahead

Post by tunahead »

Have all orders been shipped now? I ordered on October 6th and have not received a shipping notification.

Thanks!
tunahead

Post by tunahead »

-
Last edited by tunahead on Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skullator

Post by Skullator »

My switch just arrived here in New Zealand today, thanks so much superg!
Really excited to get all my systems tidied up and connected :D
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

retrorgb wrote:Why is Tucesy not banned yet? This is the exact type of shit that gives forums a bad name and why I almost NEVER post here anymore. He's a known troll that only posts to start fights and cross-posts on different forums to fan the fire. There's no reason to allow him to post unless the mods WANT the drama.

Could say the same thing about you and your non-stop whining. You just don't like people who don't agree with you so you label them trolls. Truth hurts I guess.
superg

Post by superg »

gscartsw update: As I'm getting closer to ship every unit I finally calculated the orders I will be able to fulfill by this batch. Every order before 1/29/2019 and including this date is currently being shipped. All orders made on 1/30/2019 and later will be covered by the next batch which I am ordering right now. There won't be any development delays this time as everything is finalized, just the manufacturing and shipping to me.
Initially I estimated to cover everything until February 15 but unfortunately I don't have enough units. As I've explained earlier, due to development delays I issued a number of refunds to everybody who couldn't wait and that messed up paypal inventory updates so there wasn't an easy way to calculate everything and I apologize for that.

gcompsw update: I am waiting for the sample RCA connectors with reduced height. Factory is currently manufacturing those samples and I will get them as soon as they are finished, hope that won't take long. The moment I see the connectors here, I am opening gcompsw pre-orders. This is important as I have to make sure that footprint is compatible (it's very similar) and if it isn't, I will have to slightly change it. Other than that, gcompsw is finalized and you've probably seen some RetroRGB photos, there is nothing else to change, firmware is done and everything works so I don't foresee any development delay here, only manufacturing.
coderkind

Post by coderkind »

Can anyone recommend a SCART component passthrough adapter that I could use with the gscartsw? Looking for one with component connectors on the top of the plug (not the side) to not require removing some of the other SCART cables while in use.
Ant1-Hero

Post by Ant1-Hero »

Im so bummed, i missed the cut off by 2 days! :?