shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:03 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:02 pm 

superg wrote:
evil_ash_xero wrote:
Have the component switches arrived? It still says you're out of stock, on your page.

Not yet, I'm waiting on a word from manufacturer. Should be really soon.
It will be out of stock until I ship all the preorders anyway.

I have 2 preordered, so I'm good to go. I was just wondering how the progress was coming along.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:24 pm 

The switches are here, I am currently testing and start shipping early next week!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:36 pm 

superg wrote:
The switches are here, I am currently testing and start shipping early next week!

This is the component or gscartsw?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:42 pm 

mario64 wrote:
superg wrote:

Both.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:44 pm 

superg wrote:
mario64 wrote:
superg wrote:

Both.

Awesome!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:04 am 

superg wrote:

Awesome. I've really been excited to check these out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:29 am 

Hello

A few questions please?

1. Regarding power for the gcompsw and gscartsw. I am re-organizing my set up, and for devices that also use 5V 1A via USB for power (like wireless controllers or mini consoles), I am plugging all of those into a 60W 10 port USB wall charger (link on Amazon). Is there any reason NOT to do this for the gcomp or gscart?

2. This is a dumb question... regarding the gcompsw. I have connected a GameCube with the Nintendo component cable. And, this requires using the composite cable to connect audio. This leaves the yellow composite video connector not used (I think?). Should I connect the yellow composite connector too? Any harm if I do and it's not used? (it bothers my OCD to leave connectors laying around loose...). I am NOT using composite for anything else in my setup, and composite is not connected to the gcomp output. I assume that nothing happens, but I don't know if the gcompsw detects something connected and does something weird internally?

3. For both the gcompsw and gscartsw. Regarding the 2 outputs and simultaneous output. Is there any degradation of the signal if both are used? or lag introduced?

THANK YOU!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:13 am 

TheSwartz wrote:
Hello

A few questions please?

1. Regarding power for the gcompsw and gscartsw. I am re-organizing my set up, and for devices that also use 5V 1A via USB for power (like wireless controllers or mini consoles), I am plugging all of those into a 60W 10 port USB wall charger (link on Amazon). Is there any reason NOT to do this for the gcomp or gscart?

2. This is a dumb question... regarding the gcompsw. I have connected a GameCube with the Nintendo component cable. And, this requires using the composite cable to connect audio. This leaves the yellow composite video connector not used (I think?). Should I connect the yellow composite connector too? Any harm if I do and it's not used? (it bothers my OCD to leave connectors laying around loose...). I am NOT using composite for anything else in my setup, and composite is not connected to the gcomp output. I assume that nothing happens, but I don't know if the gcompsw detects something connected and does something weird internally?

3. For both the gcompsw and gscartsw. Regarding the 2 outputs and simultaneous output. Is there any degradation of the signal if both are used? or lag introduced?

THANK YOU!!

1. should be fine
2. you can connect the composite too if you want, no harm
3. no lag and no degradation, use any combination or both

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:22 pm 

Hi Superg,

Do you have any advise on scart connectors popping out? I have this issue with all brands of cables in my gscartsw.

Also to connect a gscartsw to gcomp, I assume I need something like retrotink in the middle? Would auto switching work?

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:33 pm 

Icelvlan wrote:
Hi Superg,

Do you have any advise on scart connectors popping out? I have this issue with all brands of cables in my gscartsw.

Also to connect a gscartsw to gcomp, I assume I need something like retrotink in the middle? Would auto switching work?

Thanks!

Hmm, no idea, do you keep your switch horizontally and there is no tension on your cables?
I guess some movement is involved, I don't see how they can pop up by themselves, there is no springs or anything like that inside the SCART connector.
Yeah, to interconnect gscartsw with gcompsw you can use retrotink COMP2RGB or the other way around.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:58 pm 

Okay thanks.

Yes my switch is horizontal. I have 8’ cables so I can pull out my consoles. They don’t fully pop out, usually just one side of the connector so I have to push them back in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:15 pm 

Icelvlan wrote:
Okay thanks.

Yes my switch is horizontal. I have 8’ cables so I can pull out my consoles. They don’t fully pop out, usually just one side of the connector so I have to push them back in.

If the cable is heavy itself it might contribute, try to level them, maybe lift them a bit and put something under the cables. Or bundle them together - something like that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:33 am 

All gcompsw's are shipped. The remaining gscartsw's will be shipped this Saturday - following Monday.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:33 pm 

superg wrote:
gscartsw switches from this batch will have reinforced usb connectors with through hole mount points. In addition to that, there is a much better audio overvoltage protection.

I'm curious if this is to try and help with the supergun issues? I know you're against pairing a supergun with the switch, but it seems to be becoming more common. I wouldn't risk that anyway and I'd advise nobody risk bricking a switch like this.

Glad to hear orders from Oct 1st will be going out though! I ordered my second switch just in time it seems. Great work superg. 8)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:52 pm 

Foxe wrote:
I'm curious if this is to try and help with the supergun issues? I know you're against pairing a supergun with the switch, but it seems to be becoming more common. I wouldn't risk that anyway and I'd advise nobody risk bricking a switch like this.

Glad to hear orders from Oct 1st will be going out though! I ordered my second switch just in time it seems. Great work superg. 8)

Yes, this is exactly this. The protection is much better now but I always stress on it - it won't "resolve" the amplified audio issue, you will hear garbage, but switch will be more resistant to the damage.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176