shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:03 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5032 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:34 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1343
Location: US, MI
BigSplodge wrote:
However, I still need a solution for my NTSC XBOX & PS2 and PAL Wii, which are connected to the GcompSW. It might seem excessive, but I love having the option to play games that support 480p+ video modes, with 16:9 support, through my OSSC and those that only support 4:3/240p/480i through my CRT.

As you have two switches gcompsw and gscartsw and each switch has two outputs, you can do any kind of configuration. Let's say you can connect both gcompsw and gscartsw to OSSC using different inputs and just switch OSSC mode (and keep comp2rgb for legacy 240p/480i stuff to forward your component sources to gscartsw and to CRT). OSSC supports component mode and it doesn't necessarily have to go through comp2rgb.
Unless I am missing something.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:50 am 



Joined: 09 Jun 2020
Posts: 8
superg wrote:
As you have two switches gcompsw and gscartsw and each switch has two outputs, you can do any kind of configuration. Let's say you can connect both gcompsw and gscartsw to OSSC using different inputs and just switch OSSC mode (and keep comp2rgb for legacy 240p/480i stuff to forward your component sources to gscartsw and to CRT). OSSC supports component mode and it doesn't necessarily have to go through comp2rgb.
Unless I am missing something.


Yeah, my setup is essentially as you describe currently:

Code:
NGC,PS2,XBOX & Wii > GcompSW > (Output#1 - COMP2RGB) (Output#2 - OSSC/component input)
COMP2RGB > GscartSW
N64,SFC JR.,DC > GscartSW > (Output#1 - CRT) (Output#2 - OSSC/scart input)


I guess what I didn't make very clear is that I want to be able to play 4:3 240p/480i games on my NTSC XBOX, PS2 & GC and PAL Wii on my CRT, while also having the option to use the OSSC for any content that supports 480p + 16:9 on those same consoles.

This setup achieves that, as you said: all devices have a "direct" connection to the OSSC (no conversion) and all signals are either native RGB or "YPbPr-converted-to-RGB" when they arrive at the CRT. However, the colour balance issue was for any component-connected devices, converted from YPbPr, via the COMP2RGB, to the CRT (without enabling sync regen for the GscartSW, which affects all connected scart devices).

Your idea of using a GCVIDEO solution for RGBs + 480p is definitely valid and would take the NGC out of the equation as a "problem" in the YPbPr>RGB conversion aspect, but the issue would remain for the XBOX,PS2 &Wii.

To be honest though, I think given your description of how sync regen works, I might just leave it on and call it a day. That screen instability I mentioned seemed very sporadic so I switched to a better, 0.5m shielded RGB scart between the CRT and the GscartSW and I haven't seen it since (fingers crossed).

Thanks for making such superb switches SuperG - my GscartSW and GcompSW are absolutely immense, love them. Also appreciate the great support you provide with your products, here on this forum (even helping me here with an issue that is broadly related with another product!)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:03 am 



Joined: 01 Mar 2015
Posts: 7
Hey everyone!
Just wanted to share some info with you guys.
superg is a racist and he didn't sold me gscart switch just because of my nationality. I think that this is unacceptable and if you are against racism please buy any other alternative scart switch.

I have all proofs of our conversation with superg in PM of this forum and i could show it if it is needed.

Please never judge a person by the place of his birth. Thanks for your attention


Last edited by Zero106 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:00 am 



Joined: 15 Feb 2012
Posts: 167
Zero106 wrote:
Hey everyone!
Just wanted to share some info with you guys.
superg is a racist and he didn't sold me gscart switch just because of my nationality. I think that this is unacceptable and if you are against racism please buy any other alternative scart switch.

I have all proofs of our conversation with superg in PM of this forum and i could show it if it is needed.

Please never judje a person by the place of his birth. Thanks for your attention
Can't wait to see the justification for calling a guy who sells a SCART switch a racist...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:20 am 



Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 266
I wish all these homebrew projects (gba consolizer, nesrgb, gscartsw) use microsd or usb to upgrade the firmware instead of requiring jtag or spi programmer.
I understand it adds an additional layer of complexity to implement, slight higher cost BUT it also makes it more consumer friendly.

Also regarding whatever "the debacle" is regarding the two posts before this one. It's regarding superg having problem with shipping to certain countries from his postal service right? You could always order via someone else if you really want the gscartsw or gcompsw?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:15 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2015
Posts: 7
Thamiel wrote:
Zero106 wrote:
Hey everyone!
Just wanted to share some info with you guys.
superg is a racist and he didn't sold me gscart switch just because of my nationality. I think that this is unacceptable and if you are against racism please buy any other alternative scart switch.

I have all proofs of our conversation with superg in PM of this forum and i could show it if it is needed.

Please never judje a person by the place of his birth. Thanks for your attention
Can't wait to see the justification for calling a guy who sells a SCART switch a racist...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No problem ill show proofs. Superg didn't sold me scart switch just because i'm Russian. Same thing as blame every person who born in USA for Vietnam war.

Here is log of conversation with superg. Russian and Ukranian part of conversation translated to English with google translate:

Quote:
Zero106
Message subject: gscartsw_liteFolder: Sent messages
Hello! I tried to purchase gscartsw_lite at http://www.gretrostuff.com but when i choose Russia as destination shipping cost sets to $9999

Maybe you could send paypal invoice with correct shipping price to zero106@gmail.com? And i would be happy to pay for it.

Thanks!


Quote:
superg
Message subject: Re: gscartsw_liteFolder: Inbox
Zero106 wrote:
Hello! I tried to purchase gscartsw_lite at http://www.gretrostuff.com but when i choose Russia as destination shipping cost sets to $9999

Maybe you could send paypal invoice with correct shipping price to zero106@gmail.com? And i would be happy to pay for it.

Thanks!

Hello,

I don't ship to Russia.

Quote:
Zero106
Message subject: Re: gscartsw_liteFolder: Sent messages
I understand your fears and wouldn't blame you if anything happens during shipping. I would take all the risks. I actually buying almost all my gaming stuff overseas and never experienced any diffuclties during shipping. Everything comes safe.
Please be kind and make a little exception. I MUST get this switch for my setup.

Thank you!

Quote:
superg
Message subject: Re: gscartsw_liteFolder: Inbox
Я не продаю в Росію через те що ви зробили з Україною, за Крим і Донбас, за вбитих і покалічених українців. Це моя санкція.

TRANSLATION: I do not sell to Russia because of what you did with Ukraine, for the Crimea and Donbass, for the killed and maimed Ukrainians. This is my sanction.

Quote:
Прежде всего я сожалею о всех кто отдаёт свои жизни и здоровье на войне. Для близких это невосполнимая утрата. Я никогда не поддерживал и не поддерживаю никакие военные действия, тем более войну с Украиной.

Я всегда считал и считаю Украину братской страной и очень положительно отношусь к её гражданам. Кроме того моя жена - Украинка, её фамилия Дроздюк. Я уважаю Украинцев и те хорошие вещи, которые они создают. Например с удовольствием покупаю флеш картриджи у Krikzz и всячески агитирую на форумах покупать именно его флеш-картриджи вместо китайских подделок.

Понимаю что в Вашей стране ведётся сильная антироссийская пропаганда, так же как и в России ведётся пропаганда против Украины. Пропаганда, как и война, выгодны правящей верхушке наших стран, это их бизнес, однако это губительно для самих граждан.

Большинство граждан и России, и Украины никак не причастны к военным действиям и желают лишь мирного и благополучного существования. Чем лучше мы будем относиться друг к другу, несмотря на все преступные действия политиков в наших государствах, тем сложнее им будет зарабатывать на наших жизнях.

Я бы понял, если бы Ваши персональные санкции были направлены на тех кто принимает политические решения, но, на мой взгляд, применяя такие санкции к простым гражданам вы только создаёте негатив, который никак не помогает.

TRANSLATION:
First of all, I regret all those who give their lives and health in war. For loved ones, this is an irreparable loss. I have never supported and do not support any military actions, let alone a war with Ukraine.

I have always considered and still consider Ukraine a fraternal country and have a very positive attitude towards its citizens. In addition, my wife is Ukrainian, her last name is Drozdyuk. I respect the Ukrainians and the good things that they create. For example, I am pleased to buy flash cartridges from Krikzz and in every possible way I agitate on the forums to buy its flash cartridges instead of Chinese fakes.

I understand that in your country there is strong anti-Russian propaganda, as well as propaganda against Ukraine in Russia. Propaganda, like war, is beneficial to the ruling elite of our countries, this is their business, but it is detrimental to the citizens themselves.

Most citizens of both Russia and Ukraine are not involved in military operations and wish only a peaceful and prosperous existence. The better we relate to each other, despite all the criminal actions of politicians in our states, the more difficult it will be for them to make money on our lives.

I would understand if your personal sanctions were aimed at those who make political decisions, but, in my opinion, applying such sanctions to ordinary citizens you only create a negative that does not help.


I tried to reach him out in further messages but it didn't help.

And here is imgur link to screenshots of PM: https://imgur.com/a/rCbYX8Z


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:02 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1343
Location: US, MI
Zero106 wrote:
I tried to reach him out in further messages but it didn't help.

And here is imgur link to screenshots of PM: https://imgur.com/a/rCbYX8Z

Mm, I don't know what do you expect out of it lol. I confirm that was the conversation and I openly don't sell to Russia because of the aggression to Ukraine. That conversation happened maybe 3-4 years ago, I'm not sure what do you want to get with that? I won't sell you the switch if that's the question.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:03 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2018
Posts: 468
Hahaha


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:29 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1343
Location: US, MI
Elrinth wrote:
I wish all these homebrew projects (gba consolizer, nesrgb, gscartsw) use microsd or usb to upgrade the firmware instead of requiring jtag or spi programmer.
I understand it adds an additional layer of complexity to implement, slight higher cost BUT it also makes it more consumer friendly.

That requires microcontroller IC, which is fine if you already have on onboard. Here I don't have one, main logic is driven by Altera and JTAG is the primary way of flashing it. Also an additional work would be required to come up with some secure way of flashing etc.
And to summarize I don't really do firmware upgrades because there is nothing to do, it usually works fine.

Elrinth wrote:
Also regarding whatever "the debacle" is regarding the two posts before this one. It's regarding superg having problem with shipping to certain countries from his postal service right? You could always order via someone else if you really want the gscartsw or gcompsw?

I just don't ship to Russia for a reason I posted above. I also don't ship to North Korea and Somali by the way and some other countries I had a shipping problem with. That's territory based. There are other ways of getting the stuff if somebody doesn't want to ship to them directly but I think he wanted to bring this up for some other reason. Or maybe he was just pissed off since 2015 when this conversation happened and got drunk.
Don't want to turn this to a political discussion really.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:33 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1343
Location: US, MI
ldeveraux wrote:
Hahaha

By the way, you can ship him your gcompsw, he would be happy and you will finally break free from owning any superg devices. :)
Or you guys can become friends and create superg hate club and send me your petty replies to keep everybody entertained.
Or grow up.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:41 pm 



Joined: 15 Feb 2012
Posts: 167
Yeah, that's not racist mate. If you want it that badly get someone to forward it to you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:47 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2015
Posts: 7
superg wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:
Hahaha

create superg hate club and send me your petty replies to keep everybody entertained.
Or grow up.

Yes its true, conversation was some time ago.
I just like Retro RGB news and videos by Bob and yesterday he once again mentioned gscartsw as one of the best options but i don't think that supporting racist is a good option in year 2020.

Your position is totally unacceptable and it 100% racism. I would like if more rertro gaming ethusiaasts would know about that.
Thanks on confirming your position.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:53 pm 



Joined: 01 Mar 2015
Posts: 7
Thamiel wrote:
Yeah, that's not racist mate. If you want it that badly get someone to forward it to you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


I'm sorry that you don't understant but thats exactly what is called racism. Descrimination people by their by their race or place of birth. For me it is unacceptable. I hope here would be other fellas who share this point of view.

Actually i have descent RGB scart switch from another maker and i 100% happy with it. So i don't want to get product made by superg i just here to tell others that there is better options than supporting a racist.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:58 pm 



Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 53
Why does the japanese companies nintendo and sony keep selling consoles to USA??? this was the country that send 2 nuclear bombs to them! ... I guess they just do it for the money, they have no principles.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:08 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1343
Location: US, MI
Zero106 wrote:
Descrimination people by their by their race or place of birth.

I sell to Russians who don't reside in Russia.
You're a hypocrite my friend. On the contrary Russians don't recognize Ukrainians as different enthicity, they say "same people live in Ukraine and Russia" so this is really funny to call me, Ukrainian, racist.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:16 pm 



Joined: 15 Feb 2012
Posts: 167
Zero106 wrote:
Thamiel wrote:
Yeah, that's not racist mate. If you want it that badly get someone to forward it to you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


I'm sorry that you don't understant but thats exactly what is called racism. Descrimination people by their by their race or place of birth. For me it is unacceptable. I hope here would be other fellas who share this point of view.

Actually i have descent RGB scart switch from another maker and i 100% happy with it. So i don't want to get product made by superg i just here to tell others that there is better options than supporting a racist.
He has a problem with something your government did, not what you've done. You are being overly sensitive and attempting to label a man a bigot simply because you didn't get what you wanted. If your setup is working fine there really is no issue here is there?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:25 pm 



Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 53
are russian even a race?? I though they were just white...or are they asian?? ... I don't know, this is confusing (and silly, very silly).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:34 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1343
Location: US, MI
I really don't enjoy this conversation but as some accusations have been made here you go.
This is Zero106 post in Russian social network vk.com:
Image
He will probably delete it the moment he sees it here but as they say "you can't burn the screenshots".

The translation is "What's up guys, are we getting ready for the war with the US?"
The post was made on March 1, 2014 right after Russia annexed Crimea region of Ukraine.

This is really all you need to know to understand why I don't ship switches there and I stand by this.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Posts: 354
jfc I never thought I'd see a forum thread about a audio video switcher turn into something like this @_@

Anyone here... like... videogames? *shudders as I try to lighten the mood*
_________________
For CRTs, A/V gear, video games & more, be sure to check out my eBay!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1343
Location: US, MI
kitty666cats wrote:
jfc I never thought I'd see a forum thread about a audio video switcher turn into something like this @_@

Anyone here... like... videogames? *shudders as I try to lighten the mood*

I know. In my defense I want to say that I didn't start it :).
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:57 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Posts: 354
superg wrote:
kitty666cats wrote:
jfc I never thought I'd see a forum thread about a audio video switcher turn into something like this @_@

Anyone here... like... videogames? *shudders as I try to lighten the mood*

I know. In my defense I want to say that I didn't start it :).


Did you see that AxunWork guy's unit that can switch between JP21 and Euro? Not that I'm a owner of JP21 cables, but logistics always interest me - would that be a substantial workload/cost for you to implement? Just musing on the subject, heh...

While I've got ya - I always forget: does gcompsw support RCA RGBS? I feel like I knew the answer to this once (or even twice!) and have yet again forgot :P
_________________
For CRTs, A/V gear, video games & more, be sure to check out my eBay!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:34 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1343
Location: US, MI
kitty666cats wrote:
Did you see that AxunWork guy's unit that can switch between JP21 and Euro? Not that I'm a owner of JP21 cables, but logistics always interest me - would that be a substantial workload/cost for you to implement? Just musing on the subject, heh...

Yeah I seen that. Honestly with all the multitude of SCART devices, alternative JP21 pinout is slowly disappearing. We need just one standard.
From technical standpoint this is doable but requires a lot of additional circuitry (and effort). I can say that this is something I am not interested in :). I like one thing from that switch, HV position, this is a good feature a lot of users will appreciate. I'm not sure I like their implementation, analog knobs are never good. Not saying I'm gonna implement any of that though.

kitty666cats wrote:
While I've got ya - I always forget: does gcompsw support RCA RGBS? I feel like I knew the answer to this once (or even twice!) and have yet again forgot :P

Yes it does, gcompsw just doesn't have all the extra features like sync regen and RGBs separation. Other than that it's pretty compatible.
_________________
Looking for some PSX discs: https://tinyurl.com/vxj7hqq


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5032 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BazookaBen, Fudoh, Google [Bot], Gunstar, Ryoandr, SunJammer, Unseen and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group