shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:30 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 150  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:10 pm 



Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1366
Valandil wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the quick respone superg! So it doesn't matter if both outputs in the gcompsw are going out as component, I will still get the composite signals out even though I don't have any cable connected in the yellow port in any of the gcompsw outputs? It's not like in order for the composite signals to go out I need to have one output set as composite?

Yes, it does matter--what you put in is what you'll get out. If you connect a composite source to the yellow composite input on the switcher, it will get forwarded to the yellow composite output jacks--it will not get decoded to YPbPr and put on the component outputs.

With just the 8x2 gcompsw, wiring is not going to be simple. Regarding your PVM, you'll need to run both YPbPr and composite (so 4 RCA cables), and either the PVM is going to have to support both composite and YPbPr component and be able to switch between them, or you'll need a composite/S-Video to YPbPr converter and some way to switch between those sources (a converter between each composite source and the switcher is feasible but added expense and annoying to power and wire).

Audio for the PVM should be as simple as wiring to whichever speakers you want.

Regarding the Framemeister, my understanding is that you can run composite directly to the front input, and YPbPr component to the rear via a female RCA to male D-Terminal adapter, and you just need to switch between the the two inputs.

Audio will be a problem, because the composite and component inputs each have their own RCA audio inputs, so you would need some way of duplicating the stereo audio from the gcompsw output you're running to the Framemeister.

If your PVM and Framemeister are ultimately using the same AVR/speakers, one option might be to wire just one audio output directly to your speakers/AVR. There should be no lag when playing on your PVM, and the audio might be 1 frame ahead of what's displayed through the Framemeister.

Another option would be to run both audio outputs from the gcompsw into the Framemeister, one to the composite input, the other to the D-terminal input; you would need the Framemeister on while playing on your PVM, and the audio would be behind by about 1 frame.

Third audio option would be to run the one audio output directly to your speakers/AVR to be used when playing on your PVM, and then the other into a 1x2 stereo RCA distribution amp, and then wire outputs from the DA into both inputs on the Framemeister.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:56 pm 



Joined: 02 Sep 2016
Posts: 147
Is it possible to connect the latest gScartsw (5.2) to a Sync Strike and have it powered using SCART pin 8? (I'm not sure of the power requirements of the Sync Strike nor the output power of the gScartsw).

The only reason I'm thinking about using a Sync Strike after the gScartSw is to convert from SCART to DB15/VGA.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:15 pm 



Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Posts: 18
nmalinoski wrote:
Yes, it does matter--what you put in is what you'll get out. If you connect a composite source to the yellow composite input on the switcher, it will get forwarded to the yellow composite output jacks--it will not get decoded to YPbPr and put on the component outputs.

With just the 8x2 gcompsw, wiring is not going to be simple. Regarding your PVM, you'll need to run both YPbPr and composite (so 4 RCA cables), and either the PVM is going to have to support both composite and YPbPr component and be able to switch between them, or you'll need a composite/S-Video to YPbPr converter and some way to switch between those sources (a converter between each composite source and the switcher is feasible but added expense and annoying to power and wire).

Audio for the PVM should be as simple as wiring to whichever speakers you want.

Regarding the Framemeister, my understanding is that you can run composite directly to the front input, and YPbPr component to the rear via a female RCA to male D-Terminal adapter, and you just need to switch between the the two inputs.

Audio will be a problem, because the composite and component inputs each have their own RCA audio inputs, so you would need some way of duplicating the stereo audio from the gcompsw output you're running to the Framemeister.

If your PVM and Framemeister are ultimately using the same AVR/speakers, one option might be to wire just one audio output directly to your speakers/AVR. There should be no lag when playing on your PVM, and the audio might be 1 frame ahead of what's displayed through the Framemeister.

Another option would be to run both audio outputs from the gcompsw into the Framemeister, one to the composite input, the other to the D-terminal input; you would need the Framemeister on while playing on your PVM, and the audio would be behind by about 1 frame.

Third audio option would be to run the one audio output directly to your speakers/AVR to be used when playing on your PVM, and then the other into a 1x2 stereo RCA distribution amp, and then wire outputs from the DA into both inputs on the Framemeister.


Wow, great response, thanks so much for your time elaborating on that. It's so much clearer now how it works and how I'll need to set it up. I plan on running audio through an AVR so your response also helped me there. Looks like composite is what will complicate things the most so I may opt to play all composite in the PVM directly, it will certainly look better than in the FM!

What happens if I connect 4 composite and 4 component to the gcompsw inputs and in the outputs I connect YPbPr AND Composite in both outputs (using all 6 RCA's on each output - 4 video and 2 audio)? Will it short or something and I'll end up ruining the gcompsw? :?

Thanks again!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:18 pm 



Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1366
Valandil wrote:
What happens if I connect 4 composite and 4 component to the gcompsw inputs and in the outputs I connect YPbPr AND Composite in both outputs (using all 6 RCA's on each output - 4 video and 2 audio)? Will it short or something and I'll end up ruining the gcompsw? :?

No, there would be no issue using both the YPbPr and composite outputs simultaneously.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:36 pm 



Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Posts: 18
nmalinoski wrote:
No, there would be no issue using both the YPbPr and composite outputs simultaneously.


Thanks a lot for the help, really appreciated!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:51 am 



Joined: 02 Mar 2017
Posts: 102
superg wrote:
Check your paypal transaction, if it was shipped there will be a tracking number.


Thank you! Just checked it and... I don't see any tracking number... So I guess it hasn't been shipped yet. Is it expected to be shipped anytime soon? Or you need more time until you prepare a new batch?

By the way, in your experience, how long does it take since you ship a gscartsw to Spain/EU until it gets delivered?

Don't want to pressure you... It's just that, you know, I spent lots of money on this and I would LOVE to test it with my retro consoles :wink:

Thanks a lot, superg!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:38 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1155
Location: US, MI
DiegoPonga wrote:
superg wrote:
Check your paypal transaction, if it was shipped there will be a tracking number.


Thank you! Just checked it and... I don't see any tracking number... So I guess it hasn't been shipped yet. Is it expected to be shipped anytime soon? Or you need more time until you prepare a new batch?

By the way, in your experience, how long does it take since you ship a gscartsw to Spain/EU until it gets delivered?

Don't want to pressure you... It's just that, you know, I spent lots of money on this and I would LOVE to test it with my retro consoles :wink:

Thanks a lot, superg!

I update 1st page of this topic with all the information as well as order page on gretrostuff.com, check it.
Shipping to EU is usually 1-2 weeks but that's not guaranteed.
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:13 pm 



Joined: 02 Mar 2017
Posts: 102
superg wrote:
I update 1st page of this topic with all the information as well as order page on gretrostuff.com, check it.
Shipping to EU is usually 1-2 weeks but that's not guaranteed.


I see, thanks a lot. So it is expected to be shipped in August, am I right? Thanks a lot!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:29 am 



Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 26
I received my gscart in May.
I guess there is a "Low Pass Filter" somewhere inside because the jailbars arent as bad as before.
I'm about to send off my SNES and Sega to be RGB Bypass modded. ANd the Dejitter thing.
I have no idea what these do but if it can entirely kill the jailbars i'm happy.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:48 pm 



Joined: 09 Mar 2019
Posts: 3
superg wrote:
DiegoPonga wrote:
superg wrote:
Check your paypal transaction, if it was shipped there will be a tracking number.


Thank you! Just checked it and... I don't see any tracking number... So I guess it hasn't been shipped yet. Is it expected to be shipped anytime soon? Or you need more time until you prepare a new batch?

By the way, in your experience, how long does it take since you ship a gscartsw to Spain/EU until it gets delivered?

Don't want to pressure you... It's just that, you know, I spent lots of money on this and I would LOVE to test it with my retro consoles :wink:

Thanks a lot, superg!

I update 1st page of this topic with all the information as well as order page on gretrostuff.com, check it.
Shipping to EU is usually 1-2 weeks but that's not guaranteed.


I have finally received my gscartsw!
I have a question please, Do I need a scart cable male to male to hook it up between my pvm and the gscartsw? I just noticed that! If yes, please where do I get one that is good for the gscartsw?
Thanks in advance! Superg :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:27 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1155
Location: US, MI
TheRetroLifestyle wrote:
I have finally received my gscartsw!
I have a question please, Do I need a scart cable male to male to hook it up between my pvm and the gscartsw? I just noticed that! If yes, please where do I get one that is good for the gscartsw?
Thanks in advance! Superg :)

I guess you will need SCART to BNC cable, get one from retrogamingcables or retro-access.
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:59 pm 



Joined: 09 Mar 2019
Posts: 3
superg wrote:
TheRetroLifestyle wrote:
I have finally received my gscartsw!
I have a question please, Do I need a scart cable male to male to hook it up between my pvm and the gscartsw? I just noticed that! If yes, please where do I get one that is good for the gscartsw?
Thanks in advance! Superg :)

I guess you will need SCART to BNC cable, get one from retrogamingcables or retro-access.


Oh yes, I meant Scart to BNC! Thank you! :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:15 pm 



Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1366
TheRetroLifestyle wrote:
superg wrote:
TheRetroLifestyle wrote:
I have finally received my gscartsw!
I have a question please, Do I need a scart cable male to male to hook it up between my pvm and the gscartsw? I just noticed that! If yes, please where do I get one that is good for the gscartsw?
Thanks in advance! Superg :)

I guess you will need SCART to BNC cable, get one from retrogamingcables or retro-access.


Oh yes, I meant Scart to BNC! Thank you! :)

Just a reminder that SCART can be wired for bidirectional composite video/sync and audio, so make sure you get SCART to BNC and not BNC to SCART.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:08 am 


User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2017
Posts: 426
Location: Bellevue, Washington, USA
nmalinoski wrote:
TheRetroLifestyle wrote:
Oh yes, I meant Scart to BNC! Thank you! :)

Just a reminder that SCART can be wired for bidirectional composite video/sync and audio, so make sure you get SCART to BNC and not BNC to SCART.


This one is super handy to have in your toolkit. It has a switch to change direction.

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/aud ... rter-cable
_________________
Spoiler: show
  • YPbPr->Garo
    • PSP
    • PS2
    • XBox
    • Wii
  • RGB->OSSC & PVM-2530
    • Garo
    • AV Famicom
    • SNES
    • N64
    • GameCube
      • GBI
    • Genesis 2
      • CD
      • 32X
    • Saturn
    • Dreamcast
    • PS1
    • Neo Geo AES
    • SuperGrafx
      • SSDS3
    • CD-I
    • 3DO
    • Jaguar
    • HAS
      • CPS2
      • STV
      • F3
  • HDMI
    • OSSC
    • WiiU
    • Switch
    • XBox 360
    • PS3
    • PSTV


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:47 am 



Joined: 30 Oct 2018
Posts: 46
TheRetroLifestyle wrote:
superg wrote:
TheRetroLifestyle wrote:
I have finally received my gscartsw!
I have a question please, Do I need a scart cable male to male to hook it up between my pvm and the gscartsw? I just noticed that! If yes, please where do I get one that is good for the gscartsw?
Thanks in advance! Superg :)

I guess you will need SCART to BNC cable, get one from retrogamingcables or retro-access.


Oh yes, I meant Scart to BNC! Thank you! :)


And if you’re going direct from the switcher to the pvm it’s a male scart to BNC. Depending on your pvm you may need a sync stripper and they have those cables with sync strippers built in. I haven’t used one with this switcher to know if there is there is any video audio noise but maybe someone here has.

Edit: lol this switcher has sync strip built in/is a switch right? Whoops


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:22 pm 



Joined: 30 Oct 2018
Posts: 46
To my last post, actually does the new gscartsw have sync strip built in? I know some of the older reversions had a switch on the side but it doesn't seem to part of the dip switch options of the latest one. But I might be over thinking this.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:26 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1155
Location: US, MI
Cannonballs wrote:
To my last post, actually does the new gscartsw have sync strip built in? I know some of the older reversions had a switch on the side but it doesn't seem to part of the dip switch options of the latest one. But I might be over thinking this.

DIP1 sync regeneration is advanced version of sync stripping.
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:12 am 



Joined: 17 Jun 2019
Posts: 5
I have a couple questions about this switch.(Coulndt find the search this specific thread button) I am fairly new to RGB stuff although i have done a crap done of research in the past while modding some of my systems/looking for rgb monitors. So i recently just realized my mitsu projection tv on one of its inputs accepts both
RGsB and RGBHV not so sure of RGBS(RGB). So here are my questions:

1. I see from the product page that the gscartsw can compensate for RGsB on the input side but can it output RGsB or RGBHV without a converter like Extron?
My TV Specs if any of this info matters.
Input Levels when Used With RGB
Video Signals (480i/480p/1080i)
G (Y) = 1.0Vp-p 75ohms (compatible with sync on green)
B (Pb) = 700mVp-p, 75ohms
R (Pr) = 700mVp-p, 75ohms
H = 4Vp-p+/-1.0v, 2.2k ohms
(when using separate H and V sync)
V = 4Vp-p+/-1.0v, 2.2k ohms

2. For the gcompsw how much expense wise(PIA wise) would it be to add S-video compatibility?
I see so many switches both cheap and expensive nowadays but they are either RCA or Component sometimes both but none have Composite/S-Video/Component other than older discontinued switches. As my setup (until i get/test how rgb viable it is on this tv) runs a mix of all 3 until i am able to get all consoles RGB modded/Cables for those that have RGB out the box. Best example i have is the old radioshack switch boxes that were 4x1 with all 3 connections possible.

Sorry for the long first post.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:13 pm 



Joined: 20 Jan 2019
Posts: 28
@superg, would you consider ever making a YPbPr Component to RGBS SCART adapter for connecting a gcompsw to gscartsw.

I've only found the Beharbros Garo for this, but it has a number of issues... most importantly that it doesn't support 480i or 1080i, but it also has serration issues.

I think it would be incredible if a product like this could be made that supported 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i. It seems like it would fit in nicely with your two current products and maybe Stone Age Gamer could even produce a product for you if you came up with a design.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1155
Location: US, MI
Speedy wrote:
@superg, would you consider ever making a YPbPr Component to RGBS SCART adapter for connecting a gcompsw to gscartsw.

I've only found the Beharbros Garo for this, but it has a number of issues... most importantly that it doesn't support 480i or 1080i, but it also has serration issues.

I think it would be incredible if a product like this could be made that supported 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i. It seems like it would fit in nicely with your two current products and maybe Stone Age Gamer could even produce a product for you if you came up with a design.

I thought about it but honestly I don't have that much time nowadays, I am working on something else. Such a product will complete gscartsw / gcompsw ecosystem, I would love somebody else to develop it.
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:56 pm 



Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 1366
Speedy wrote:
@superg, would you consider ever making a YPbPr Component to RGBS SCART adapter for connecting a gcompsw to gscartsw.

I've only found the Beharbros Garo for this, but it has a number of issues... most importantly that it doesn't support 480i or 1080i, but it also has serration issues.

I think it would be incredible if a product like this could be made that supported 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i. It seems like it would fit in nicely with your two current products and maybe Stone Age Gamer could even produce a product for you if you came up with a design.

What you're proposing would be a converter, not an adapter; an adapter would be a passive device with RCA on one end and SCART on the other that would simply put YPbPr onto the gscartsw (which the new gscartsw would forward without modification).

Personally, if the community is going to come up with a YPbPr->RGB solution, I would hope that it would be applicable to more than just superg's products (then again, I don't see how one could be, unless it was integrated into the gscartsw).

In the meantime, I think the best solution, unfortunately, is going to be an Extron CVC 200 or CVC 300.

As for the Garo, it looks like it does support 1080i (advertises support for 480p to 1080p), but you're right in that it doesn't support 480i/576i, and that also means it doesn't support 240p/288p/384p/400p (not sure if anyone's validated that it actually does not work with these lower resolutions); and, in addition to the serration issue, at least one person has reported that it screws with the colors, leaving a purple hue on everything, though I don't recall reading how that actually happens.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:10 am 



Joined: 17 May 2019
Posts: 3
It also looks like the Garo is now being manufactured without the RGBS SCART output, RGBHV VGA only.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:27 am 



Joined: 20 Jan 2019
Posts: 28
@superg, thanks for the reply. Totally understand.

Hopefully someone will be able to step in and fill the YUV to RGB void someday. There are a bunch of really good consoles that natively render in YUV and require YUV to output their highest resolutions.

EDIT: I was watching a patreon-only video that RetroTech posted regarding products from linuxbot3000 on eBay and it led to finding this YPbPr Component to RGBHV VGA converter. I'm just ordered one and will report back if it works well.

nmalinoski wrote:
As for the Garo, it looks like it does support 1080i (advertises support for 480p to 1080p), but you're right in that it doesn't support 480i/576i, and that also means it doesn't support 240p/288p/384p/400p (not sure if anyone's validated that it actually does not work with these lower resolutions); and, in addition to the serration issue, at least one person has reported that it screws with the colors, leaving a purple hue on everything, though I don't recall reading how that actually happens.

I can't get the Garo (version 2) to work properly with 480i or 1080i into my monitor.
It definitely does work with 240p, 480p, and 720p though as long as you run it through an Extron for serration correction.
The 240p is confusing to me, because I would think that if 240p works then 480i would work, but that's definitely not the case.

Tubo wrote:
It also looks like the Garo is now being manufactured without the RGBS SCART output, RGBHV VGA only.

That's good that Yosi is dropping the SCART connector off the Garo. My experience was that it had too many issues and using RGBHV from the VGA output was basically required anyways so that you can run it into an Extron.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:26 am 



Joined: 29 Apr 2019
Posts: 13
Hey SuperG.

Eagerly awaiting my preordered component switchbox! It's gonna save SO much wire space (Modded NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, PS2, Gamecube)... But I got two questions:

Firstly, how is production going? Any time frame on delivery? I'm not impatient, I'm just asking how things are going so I don't keep needlessly holding my breath. (though it WOULD be nice to show my old highschool friends who are coming to visit July 17th.) :)

Secondly... a tech question, didn't know who else to ask: My CRT television is fully functional. But on some PS2 games (Klonoa 2 for instance) my television sometimes cuts to a blue "no signal" screen for a moment during a screen transition. Like, the screen goes black, then blue, then a moment later the next scene fades in. I think it's my TV automatically changing modes because it thinks there is no signal. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Is this a switchbox problem, or a TV problem? Or is it a PS2 problem? And if it is a box problem, well... I'm no tech expert, but would a "constant signal" from the box help with this issue?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:36 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 1155
Location: US, MI
LapinBeau wrote:
Hey SuperG.

Eagerly awaiting my preordered component switchbox! It's gonna save SO much wire space (Modded NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, PS2, Gamecube)... But I got two questions:

Firstly, how is production going? Any time frame on delivery? I'm not impatient, I'm just asking how things are going so I don't keep needlessly holding my breath. (though it WOULD be nice to show my old highschool friends who are coming to visit July 17th.) :)

Secondly... a tech question, didn't know who else to ask: My CRT television is fully functional. But on some PS2 games (Klonoa 2 for instance) my television sometimes cuts to a blue "no signal" screen for a moment during a screen transition. Like, the screen goes black, then blue, then a moment later the next scene fades in. I think it's my TV automatically changing modes because it thinks there is no signal. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Is this a switchbox problem, or a TV problem? Or is it a PS2 problem? And if it is a box problem, well... I'm no tech expert, but would a "constant signal" from the box help with this issue?

If everything goes good, I should have this gcompsw batch in July, that is posted in the first thread.
Your CRT: Some PS2 games switch resolutions in game, it looks like your TV needs some time to lock on a sync after that. Switch is not going to help with this.
_________________
Україна


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:38 pm 



Joined: 02 Sep 2016
Posts: 147
Hey guys... I have a practically brand new gscartsw_lite for sale if anybody is interested. Send me a PM if interested. (so I don't distract from this thread, etc)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:00 am 



Joined: 12 May 2015
Posts: 6
I have 2 questions:

1.) I own the original gscartw (with VGA and Scart output), and gcompsw...can someone point me to the correct USA power supply to use for each one?

2.) I would like to feed Sega Naomi video output to XRGB mini. Does the gscartw do sync-combining? If yes, will any VGA-to-SCART cable > gscartw > XRGB-mini work in this configuration? If no, what are my options? (I have JVS and Capcom I/O boards to help this situation. But would like to avoid super guns because I want to connect this Naomi to the gscartw then Framemeister.

Thank you. I love your work!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:16 am 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 160
Location: Burlington, Vermont, USA
zombie343 wrote:
I would like to feed Sega Naomi video output to XRGB mini. Does the gscartw do sync-combining?

No, it does not.

zombie343 wrote:
If yes, will any VGA-to-SCART cable > gscartw > XRGB-mini work in this configuration? If no, what are my options?

You want an Extron 201 Rxi or Extron 203 Rxi. The Extron 202 Rxi will work too. But it requires harder to find VGA to DB9 cables for the inputs.

All those Extron 20X Rxi boxes are discontinued. But they show up on ebay pretty often.
_________________
-the Goat
Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:06 am 



Joined: 12 May 2015
Posts: 6
the Goat wrote:
zombie343 wrote:
I would like to feed Sega Naomi video output to XRGB mini. Does the gscartw do sync-combining?

No, it does not.

zombie343 wrote:
If yes, will any VGA-to-SCART cable > gscartw > XRGB-mini work in this configuration? If no, what are my options?

You want an Extron 201 Rxi or Extron 203 Rxi. The Extron 202 Rxi will work too. But it requires harder to find VGA to DB9 cables for the inputs.

All those Extron 20X Rxi boxes are discontinued. But they show up on ebay pretty often.


Seems like a lot for just 1 device. I'm trying to not have too many redundancies. If I get the Extron device and connect the Naomi to it by VGA cable ....how do I connect it to the gscartw?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:35 am 



Joined: 20 Jan 2019
Posts: 28
zombie343 wrote:
the Goat wrote:
zombie343 wrote:
I would like to feed Sega Naomi video output to XRGB mini. Does the gscartw do sync-combining?

No, it does not.

zombie343 wrote:
If yes, will any VGA-to-SCART cable > gscartw > XRGB-mini work in this configuration? If no, what are my options?

You want an Extron 201 Rxi or Extron 203 Rxi. The Extron 202 Rxi will work too. But it requires harder to find VGA to DB9 cables for the inputs.

All those Extron 20X Rxi boxes are discontinued. But they show up on ebay pretty often.


Seems like a lot for just 1 device. I'm trying to not have too many redundancies. If I get the Extron device and connect the Naomi to it by VGA cable ....how do I connect it to the gscartw?

You would run Phoenix (audio) + BNC to SCART out of the Extron RGB.

Or, if you don’t want to run your audio through the Extron RGB then you could just run a BNC + Female Audio (3.5mm or RCA depending on requirements) to SCART out of the Extron RGB.

Retro-Access could make one of these cables for you once they start taking orders again.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 150  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BazookaBen, Dochartaigh, DoomsDave, RocketBelt, tomrev and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group