gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
DemoNight

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by DemoNight »

superg wrote:Yeah, everything is sold out, it was just the extra units I kept as a backup in case of lost package.
I'm planning a new batch.

Will the Vertical Mount Brackets on thingaverse also work for the comp switch?
superg

Post by superg »

zoopster wrote:I've got a gscartsw_lite used with a BVM D24. I'm using a Core Grafx PC Engine with an RGB mod and SCART cable. When I connect the SCART cable to a TV or to a manual SCART switch (good old Hama AV connector) to the BVM I get a good RGB signal, but when I connect via the gscartsw_lite no image at all. I've tested switching on other RGB sources connected to the gscartsw_lite after the Core Grax is turned on and they appear fine. Any ideas what may be the problem?

Thanks
John
Did you try to toggle CSYNC on/off and see if it changes anything?
In general it depends on mod. Unfortunately I don't own CoreGrafx here to test.
superg

Post by superg »

DemoNight wrote:
superg wrote:Yeah, everything is sold out, it was just the extra units I kept as a backup in case of lost package.

He has similar ones for gcompsw, there is spacing difference between gscartsw (4mm) and gcompsw (6mm)
DemoNight

Post by DemoNight »

superg wrote:
DemoNight wrote:

He has similar ones for gcompsw, there is spacing difference between gscartsw (4mm) and gcompsw (6mm)
Now I see, thanks!
msmthng

Post by msmthng »

Is there a way to make pre-orders for the new batch?
superg

Post by superg »

msmthng wrote:Is there a way to make pre-orders for the new batch?
No, sorry.
Rev

Post by Rev »

Drat... I really wanted one... Do you know when your next batch will be? How many do you typically make at a time?
Jfonzy

Post by Jfonzy »

Hope there are more units next time.
DirkSwizzler

Post by DirkSwizzler »

Man, didn't realize the gcompsw would also be going up or I would have been on the trigger for this.
zoopster

Post by zoopster »

superg wrote:
zoopster wrote:I've got a gscartsw_lite used with a BVM D24. I'm using a Core Grafx PC Engine with an RGB mod and SCART cable. When I connect the SCART cable to a TV or to a manual SCART switch (good old Hama AV connector) to the BVM I get a good RGB signal, but when I connect via the gscartsw_lite no image at all. I've tested switching on other RGB sources connected to the gscartsw_lite after the Core Grax is turned on and they appear fine. Any ideas what may be the problem?

Thanks
John
Did you try to toggle CSYNC on/off and see if it changes anything?
In general it depends on mod. Unfortunately I don't own CoreGrafx here to test.
Thanks for responding. I did but no luck. It's okay though I'm use the Bandridge switch which works well for this use case (Core Grafix with SSD 3) and frees up space on the GScart for other systems.
Barjack

Post by Barjack »

Hello there!

I'm interested to buy a gscartsw_lite. Is there a way to be contacted when the next batch will be ready for orders?
My retrogame room is ready, but it's such a hasle to spin my fat tv to change the scarts... :-S
loukey

Post by loukey »

Is it a v1 SSDS3 or v2?

Apparently the sync in V1 is bugged, but V2 ought to work. If you are using a SCART cable using composite as sync AND you have a v2 then you may have to flp the one capacitor in the composite chain as it is malpositioned backwards and can lead to some artifacts in the composite output (and thus your sync if that is being used as sync).
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

superg wrote:
msmthng wrote:Is there a way to make pre-orders for the new batch?
No, sorry.
Ya, I mean, why bother filling demand with a pre-order? lol
superg

Post by superg »

tusecsy wrote: Ya, I mean, why bother filling demand with a pre-order? lol
Did it previously, doesn't work for me. Over the time some people are cancelling their order, the others change address and some are making demands.
Barjack

Post by Barjack »

superg wrote: Did it previously, doesn't work for me. Over the time some people are cancelling their order, the others change address and some are making demands.
Do you keep a mailing list to inform those who are interested by your next batches?
superg

Post by superg »

Barjack wrote:
superg wrote: Did it previously, doesn't work for me. Over the time some people are cancelling their order, the others change address and some are making demands.
Do you keep a mailing list to inform those who are interested by your next batches?
No, it adds yet another destination where I have to send updates, all the updates are here.
NullPo

Post by NullPo »

So, I was able to successfully order the GScartSW Lite. (I think. My paypal was charged.)
I've never bought anything off your site before, will you provide a tracking number?

Those things sold out FAST.
superg

Post by superg »

NullPo wrote:So, I was able to successfully order the GScartSW Lite. (I think. My paypal was charged.)
I've never bought anything off your site before, will you provide a tracking number?

Those things sold out FAST.
Yeah, the tracking number will be provided through paypal. I will ship everything today.
ViraLicious

Post by ViraLicious »

Hi again!

Would it be possible to get all the necessary specifications for the R39 resistor so I could buy a replacement one? Like size, resistance and whatever might be vital to know.

Could this be the correct one?
https://www.elfa.se/en/smd-resistor-thi ... cache=true

Thanks!
Last edited by ViraLicious on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
superg

Post by superg »

ViraLicious wrote:Hi again!

Would it be possible to get all the necessary specifications for the R39 resistor so I could buy a replacement one? Like size, resistance and whatever might be vital to know.

Thanks!
Hey,

What happened to yours? Is it gscartsw_lite v1.5 switch we are talking about?
ViraLicious

Post by ViraLicious »

superg wrote:
ViraLicious wrote:Hi again!

Thanks!
Hey,

What happened to yours? Is it gscartsw_lite v1.5 switch we are talking about?
Sorry for not including which version I meant. :) I have the gscartsw 3.4 and I was going to attempt the LPF mod I talked about on the previous page. When I had desoldered the resistor, I accidentally lost the it... When I had removed it and had it in my new tweezers, they somehow twisted and the resistor flew off like a bullet into nowhere! Good luck finding that little thing, I thought. So I hoped to be able to replace it. :)
superg

Post by superg »

ViraLicious wrote: Sorry for not including which version I meant. :) I have the gscartsw 3.4 and I was going to attempt the LPF mod I talked about on the previous page. When I had desoldered the resistor, I accidentally lost the it... When I had removed it and had it in my new tweezers, they somehow twisted and the resistor flew off like a bullet into nowhere! Good luck finding that little thing, I thought. So I hoped to be able to replace it. :)
I'll check what was installed in stock and reply here. But you don't need it if you want to hardwire LPF off.
ViraLicious

Post by ViraLicious »

superg wrote:
ViraLicious wrote: Sorry for not including which version I meant. :) I have the gscartsw 3.4 and I was going to attempt the LPF mod I talked about on the previous page. When I had desoldered the resistor, I accidentally lost the it... When I had removed it and had it in my new tweezers, they somehow twisted and the resistor flew off like a bullet into nowhere! Good luck finding that little thing, I thought. So I hoped to be able to replace it. :)
I'll check what was installed in stock and reply here. But you don't need it if you want to hardwire LPF off.
You don't? I thought you needed to solder the left end of the resistor, to the pad closest to the "R" in R39, and then solder a wire on the resistors right end and then solder the wire to the 5v via?

Ah, I just reread the previous posts on this topic! So I just need to remove the resistor and then solder a wire to the right pad where the resistor used to be, and solder it to the 5v - correct?

That'd be great if you could look it up! Then I can restore the board if I wish in the future! :)
superg

Post by superg »

ViraLicious wrote:
You don't? I thought you needed to solder the left end of the resistor, to the pad closest to the "R" in R39, and then solder a wire on the resistors right end and then solder the wire to the 5v via?

Ah, I just reread the previous posts on this topic! So I just need to remove the resistor and then solder a wire to the right pad where the resistor used to be, and solder it to the 5v - correct?

That'd be great if you could look it up! Then I can restore the board if I wish in the future! :)
Yes, just do what I described.
It's 0805 1K resistor, like this: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... -ND/730391
ViraLicious

Post by ViraLicious »

superg wrote:
ViraLicious wrote:

Yes, just do what I described.
It's 0805 1K resistor, like this: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... -ND/730391
Thanks! I appreciate it! :)

If I'd attempt the mod that Bob mentions in his tutorial with the on off switch, you need the resistor right?
superg

Post by superg »

ViraLicious wrote: Thanks! I appreciate it! :)
If I'd attempt the mod that Bob mentions in his tutorial with the on off switch, you need the resistor right?
Yes.
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Just adding to the list I also missed out on ordering :-/
Hope to be on time for the next.
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
D_N_G

Post by D_N_G »

received the gscartsw and gcompsw today, cant wait to try these out. thanks superg!
superpretendo

Post by superpretendo »

Hey all,

I seem to have misplaced my AC adapter for the GScart. I notice it's the same as the one for the OSSC- where can I pick up an extra? Thanks!
superg

Post by superg »

superpretendo wrote:Hey all,

I seem to have misplaced my AC adapter for the GScart. I notice it's the same as the one for the OSSC- where can I pick up an extra? Thanks!
This is the one I currently source: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/5023722