gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
cdamm

Re: gscartsw / gscartsw_lite / gcompsw switches support thre

Post by cdamm »

superg wrote:
clintkolodziej wrote:Maybe this was mentioned earlier, but I didn't see it. Has there been any issues reported with superguns on the previous versions of the switch (ex: v3.4 or older)? Perhaps something has changed on the new model that makes it less tolerant to whatever is causing the issue with the superguns? I would guess that those folks that are using superguns would have brought up the issue long ago if this was something that affected the older versions. If there was change in how the inputs on the switch are protected, or with how the signal path leads to the chips that are blowing out, maybe that may shed light on what is the cause of the failures with these devices all of a sudden, and how to modify the input signals from the superguns to prevent them from frying people's gscartsw_lites.

Conversely, has there been any changes or newer revisions of superguns? Same thing applies, its just odd that this is happening all of a sudden since I'm sure someone had to have tried using these with gscartsw devices in the past.

As info, I'm aware that modded consoles and devices such as superguns have never been officially supported. I'm just trying to help think this out so those folks who do wish to use these devices with the switch can know what to watch out for, and so companies like Windy Gaming can assist their customers in making them work with the gscartsw_lite since it is the best SCART switch available.
Well, first of all so far I had units for repair damaged only by Windy City supergun conversion but to be on the safe side I just can't say that other superguns are compatible. Both switch versions were here for the repair, just got another unit :(.
as addressed earlier- Im still not called windy city. its just windy gaming.

also clint- there have been no revisions to our supergun.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

superg wrote:
clintkolodziej wrote:Maybe this was mentioned earlier, but I didn't see it. Has there been any issues reported with superguns on the previous versions of the switch (ex: v3.4 or older)? Perhaps something has changed on the new model that makes it less tolerant to whatever is causing the issue with the superguns? I would guess that those folks that are using superguns would have brought up the issue long ago if this was something that affected the older versions. If there was change in how the inputs on the switch are protected, or with how the signal path leads to the chips that are blowing out, maybe that may shed light on what is the cause of the failures with these devices all of a sudden, and how to modify the input signals from the superguns to prevent them from frying people's gscartsw_lites.

Conversely, has there been any changes or newer revisions of superguns? Same thing applies, its just odd that this is happening all of a sudden since I'm sure someone had to have tried using these with gscartsw devices in the past.

As info, I'm aware that modded consoles and devices such as superguns have never been officially supported. I'm just trying to help think this out so those folks who do wish to use these devices with the switch can know what to watch out for, and so companies like Windy Gaming can assist their customers in making them work with the gscartsw_lite since it is the best SCART switch available.
Well, first of all so far I had units for repair damaged only by Windy City supergun conversion but to be on the safe side I just can't say that other superguns are compatible. Both switch versions were here for the repair, just got another unit :(.
does the gscartsw have protection diodes or not? if not, why not?
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

arithmaldor wrote:
tusecsy wrote:Waiting for someone else to make PS1 and Saturn solutions personally. PSIO can't hold more than 32 gb and has bad compatibility I don't really see the point. Same with the rhea.
Both PSIO and Rhea can handle any size card as long as it is formatted in FAT32, I've tested with 64GB on PSIO and 200GB on Rhea. PSIO has 99% compatibility (http://www.cybdyn-systems.com.au:82/bro ... ?filter=-5) and Rhea has so far not had any reported incompatible games (I've personally tested the full US set), as long as they are ripped properly (and smokemonster has a set).

That said, availability for these is really limited, and the Rhea's only option for a menu system is (excellent) homebrew. Personally I think the saturn solution from Professor Abrasive will be the way to go in the future.

Would it be possible to throw some 500ohm potentiometers on the RGB lines from a supergun to prevent blowouts, and adjust as necessary for different arcade PCBs?
didn't know they'd progressed so far on the psio that's awesome. def regret ignoring that preorder email a month ago now. the sending your board off to get it modded in australia bit is a bit over the top.

the rhea menu is garbage i'm really waiting for someone like mnemo to make one.
chromium

Post by chromium »

tusecsy wrote:
didn't know they'd progressed so far on the psio that's awesome. def regret ignoring that preorder email a month ago now. the sending your board off to get it modded in australia bit is a bit over the top.

Psio and Rhea are both awesome and both support large cards with near 100% game compatibility. Got a 200 GB in my Rhea and 128 GB in my psio. Will put a 256 GB in when the new fw comes out.

You can mod the board yourself for psio, even I was able to do it and I'm far from resembling someone skilled with an iron.

Also the Rhea menu is great, super fast and works perfectly.

Not sure what you're expecting from these devices tbh
superg

Post by superg »

cdamm wrote: Yes your correct. That is what we mean by line level. However JAMMA games have amplified sound because they are intended to drive independent speakers. Jamma Audio amps are usually powered by a 12v source which means it can easily exceed the thresholds of 5v switching logic.
Then I think we identified the issue. Providing such amplified input is against SCART standard but somehow I have a feeling that you're not going to change anything.
Voultar

Post by Voultar »

Whoa, hold the phone.

JAMMA stereo audio intended to drive speakers directly, yes. Is that blasting out of the outputs without any line level conversion or am I missing something?
cdamm

Post by cdamm »

superg wrote:
cdamm wrote: Yes your correct. That is what we mean by line level. However JAMMA games have amplified sound because they are intended to drive independent speakers. Jamma Audio amps are usually powered by a 12v source which means it can easily exceed the thresholds of 5v switching logic.
Then I think we identified the issue. Providing such amplified input is against SCART standard but somehow I have a feeling that you're not going to change anything.
we've done our due diligence by providing an audio attenuation switch that scales down the audio levels by a factor of 10. given that no other device has trouble handling this, the rest is up to you.

Voultar wrote:Whoa, hold the phone.

JAMMA stereo audio intended to drive speakers directly, yes. Is that blasting out of the outputs without any line level conversion or am I missing something.
Jamma does not do stereo, only mono. We dont 'blast it out' without any line level conversion, that is what the audio attenuation switch is for.
arithmaldor

Post by arithmaldor »

So it sounds like they had the audio on their board up too high and/or the attenuation dial wasn't set low enough.
Visit Tinkerplunk for mods, repairs, and custom PCBs!
Twitter: @arithmaldor
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

chromium wrote:
tusecsy wrote:

Psio and Rhea are both awesome and both support large cards with near 100% game compatibility. Got a 200 GB in my Rhea and 128 GB in my psio. Will put a 256 GB in when the new fw comes out.

You can mod the board yourself for psio, even I was able to do it and I'm far from resembling someone skilled with an iron.

At the risk of going very off topic, then I don't think PSIO's compatibility is near 100%. It's been a while since I tested but I had quite a few games with compatibility issues.
chromium

Post by chromium »

ZellSF wrote: At the risk of going very off topic, then I don't think PSIO's compatibility is near 100%. It's been a while since I tested but I had quite a few games with compatibility issues.
Yes very off topic but was tired of the misinformation :)

From the FAQ:
"How compatible is PSIO with the PlayStation software library?
Out of all official 2,435 software titles, PSIO is so far 99.0% compatible (as of 05/MAY/2017)."

Is 99% not near 100%?
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

chromium wrote:
ZellSF wrote: At the risk of going very off topic, then I don't think PSIO's compatibility is near 100%. It's been a while since I tested but I had quite a few games with compatibility issues.
Yes very off topic but was tired of the misinformation :)

From the FAQ:
"How compatible is PSIO with the PlayStation software library?
Out of all official 2,435 software titles, PSIO is so far 99.0% compatible (as of 05/MAY/2017)."

Is 99% not near 100%?
Yes, it's totally believable that they have done extensive testing on 2435 software programs :roll:

Also I don't know where they got the 2,435 titles from, but I'm sort of doubting that includes all territories.
superg

Post by superg »

Voultar wrote:Whoa, hold the phone.

JAMMA stereo audio intended to drive speakers directly, yes. Is that blasting out of the outputs without any line level conversion or am I missing something?
It looks like this is the case.
I wonder how that doesn't damage XRGB or OSSC when connected directly :) Somehow I doubt there are any protections of that kind implemented.
cdamm wrote: we've done our due diligence by providing an audio attenuation switch that scales down the audio levels by a factor of 10.
My only complain is that you cannot feed such an audio output to SCART directly, it has to be normalized. There always will be people who will switch all kind of switches without understanding what these do.
cdamm wrote: given that no other device has trouble handling this, the rest is up to you.
Or nobody figured out why their OSSC's and XRGB's are dying :)
I would love to hear the OSSC author's opinion on this.
FBX

Post by FBX »

I realize my opinion doesn't mean jack, but I'm throwing my two cents in anyway:

It's probably not a good idea to leave it up to the unknowing end-user that they need to toggle an audio switch on the Super Gun or risk frying their SCART switchers. Because this is apparently what ended up happening. It's not Superg's fault. He made a SCART switcher and based the tolerances on the SCART standard. You really can't ask for much more than that.

Here's the back of the Super Gun unit with the audio attenuation switch:

How would a user even know which direction that toggle switch should be set without risking damage to find out? It might be in an instruction booklet, but it's not labelled on the box, and anyone could inadvertently bump it or forget which direction it should be set to.
viletim

Post by viletim »

superg wrote: I wonder how that doesn't damage XRGB or OSSC when connected directly :) Somehow I doubt there are any protections of that kind implemented.
You should look at some consumer products that mux the audio input. The standard protection ciucuit is a series resister + capacitor + clamping element (eg zener diode). Without this the mux will latch up in an overvoltage condition.

Example

cdamm wrote: given that no other device has trouble handling this, the rest is up to you.
If you're directly connecting the JAMMA speaker signal to the SCART audio input (under any circumstance) you are doing it wrong. Here's an suitable attenuation circuit. Three components P1, C1, R2. The ratio of R1 to R2 determines the attenuation. R2 is optional (signal level attenuation isn't essential) but R1 and C1 are required to block DC and limit current.

Damage could be prevented if either device was implemented better.
superg

Post by superg »

viletim wrote:
superg wrote: I wonder how that doesn't damage XRGB or OSSC when connected directly :) Somehow I doubt there are any protections of that kind implemented.
You should look at some consumer products that mux the audio input. The standard protection ciucuit is a series resister + capacitor + clamping element (eg zener diode). Without this the mux will latch up in an overvoltage condition.

Example
This is definitely useful, thanks viletim!

Update: On a bright note the current lite batch is finally dispatched and will be here on Monday!
clintkolodziej

Post by clintkolodziej »

superg wrote: Update: On a bright note the current lite batch is finally dispatched and will be here on Monday!
Great news! Does that mean orders will open on Monday, or do you need to do case assembly, etc?
superg

Post by superg »

clintkolodziej wrote:
superg wrote: Update: On a bright note the current lite batch is finally dispatched and will be here on Monday!
Great news! Does that mean orders will open on Monday, or do you need to do case assembly, etc?
I'll need couple more days to assemble / flash firmware / test at least some units to be able to ship and then I will open the orders for everybody.
clintkolodziej

Post by clintkolodziej »

FBX wrote:I realize my opinion doesn't mean jack, but I'm throwing my two cents in anyway:

It's probably not a good idea to leave it up to the unknowing end-user that they need to toggle an audio switch on the Super Gun or risk frying their SCART switchers. Because this is apparently what ended up happening. It's not Superg's fault. He made a SCART switcher and based the tolerances on the SCART standard. You really can't ask for much more than that.

Here's the back of the Super Gun unit with the audio attenuation switch:

How would a user even know which direction that toggle switch should be set without risking damage to find out? It might be in an instruction booklet, but it's not labelled on the box, and anyone could inadvertently bump it or forget which direction it should be set to.
So this whole issue is due to RTFM?

A couple questions:

1. Is everyone confident that this is truly the issue, or does someone need to do further testing to confirm, as mentioned with an oscilloscope? It certainly seems like a valid hypothesis, but does anything on the video signal need to be analyzed as well?

2. Is there anything that can be done for those that have a supergun and gscartsw to ensure that even if the audio attenuation switch gets bumped the wrong way that the audio signal can be attenuated to a non-harmful level without superg or Windy City having to revise their hardware, for existing customers? For instance some sort of resistor in the SCART cable that would reduce the voltage to a non-harmful level if the switch isn't set correctly? I'm a programmer not EE so just throwing that out there as an idea, I don't know what impacts that would have if the switch is actually set correctly. The reason I ask that is there were (I believe) a couple people earlier in this discussion that mentioned having a supergun with no issues with their gscartsw, perhaps they had the audio switch set correcty, but what happens if they shuffle their gear around and accidentally bump the switch the wrong way?

3. From both superg and Windy Gaming's sides it may be beneficial for customers to have a warning on their websites, or included with the products/manual regarding this. Something along the lines of "supergun devices are not formally supported, but if you choose to use one at your own risk please ensure the audio attenuation switch is turned on to provide the correct voltage to the switch. failure to do so can/will damage your switch, repairs will be made at the user's expense". Something similar on the supergun side regarding use with SCART switches such as the gscartsw.
superg

Post by superg »

clintkolodziej wrote: So this whole issue is due to RTFM?

A couple questions:

1. Is everyone confident that this is truly the issue, or does someone need to do further testing to confirm, as mentioned with an oscilloscope? It certainly seems like a valid hypothesis, but does anything on the video signal need to be analyzed as well?
Well, I'm not 100% percent sure that there isn't something else but this audio case is definitely a problem.
clintkolodziej wrote: 2. Is there anything that can be done for those that have a supergun and gscartsw to ensure that even if the audio attenuation switch gets bumped the wrong way that the audio signal can be attenuated to a non-harmful level without superg or Windy City having to revise their hardware, for existing customers? For instance some sort of resistor in the SCART cable that would reduce the voltage to a non-harmful level if the switch isn't set correctly? I'm a programmer not EE so just throwing that out there as an idea, I don't know what impacts that would have if the switch is actually set correctly. The reason I ask that is there were (I believe) a couple people earlier in this discussion that mentioned having a supergun with no issues with their gscartsw, perhaps they had the audio switch set correcty, but what happens if they shuffle their gear around and accidentally bump the switch the wrong way?
I think both of the solutions viletim posted here can be implemented either in SCART cable or on some kind of PCB. Not sure how practical that would be as this is a protection circuit, your audio will be garbage anyway as it will clamp higher voltage as far as I understand. In my opinion the proper solution would be to provide normal unamplified audio through that MiniDIN connector (which is not actually suited well for amplified audio) and provide separate amplified RCA's for people who would want to drive their speakers directly. I'm not familiar with JAMMA or other arcade things but I think that there should be a way to tap into board and get linear audio signal before amplification instead of just reducing the amplitude 10 times less. Even from quality perspective it makes sense not to process the audio and give user a choice of using his own audio equipment.
clintkolodziej wrote: 3. From both superg and Windy Gaming's sides it may be beneficial for customers to have a warning on their websites, or included with the products/manual regarding this. Something along the lines of "supergun devices are not formally supported, but if you choose to use one at your own risk please ensure the audio attenuation switch is turned on to provide the correct voltage to the switch. failure to do so can/will damage your switch, repairs will be made at the user's expense". Something similar on the supergun side regarding use with SCART switches such as the gscartsw.
I will have a warning on my website for sure.
Last edited by superg on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

chromium wrote:
tusecsy wrote:

i have never soldered anything and don't intend to start with this.

the third party rhea menu is not "great" (folder structure is stupid) unless they've installed a good first party one at some point, i can't find any info on it.

gdemu is hot trash compared to mnemo's usb-gdrom. i doubt the rhea is any different. i'll wait for someone else to come out. my burnt discs are fine for now and i know many are in the works.
superg

Post by superg »

tusecsy wrote: i have never soldered anything and don't intend to start with this.

the third party rhea menu is not "great" (folder structure is stupid) unless they've installed a good first party one at some point, i can't find any info on it.

gdemu is hot trash compared to mnemo's usb-gdrom. i doubt the rhea is any different. i'll wait for someone else to come out. my burnt discs are fine for now and i know many are in the works.
Please discuss this elsewhere, the thread is already derailed with supergun stuff.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

superg wrote:
tusecsy wrote: i have never soldered anything and don't intend to start with this.

Please discuss this elsewhere, the thread is already derailed with supergun stuff.
ok, no problem,

does the gscartsw have protection diodes or not? if not, why not?

i want to know before I order because I don't want another everdrive situation on my hands where this thing is gonna fry my tv or something. i trust in voultar, so i need this answer.
superg

Post by superg »

tusecsy wrote: does the gscartsw have protection diodes or not? if not, why not?
What protection diodes?
HalfCent

Post by HalfCent »

superg wrote:I'm not familiar with JAMMA or other arcade things but I think that there should be a way to tap into board and get linear audio signal before amplification instead of just reducing the amplitude 10 times less. Even from quality perspective it makes sense not to process the audio and give user a choice of using his own audio equipment.
The way JAMMA works, this would be a modification to each game PCB. The JAMMA connector is designed as a breakout for cabs, and only provides amplified audio suitable for directly driving speakers in them. The only way to get pre-amp levels would be to tap the game PCB before it made it to the amp, which obviously isn't really a workable solution.
superg

Post by superg »

HalfCent wrote:
superg wrote:I'm not familiar with JAMMA or other arcade things but I think that there should be a way to tap into board and get linear audio signal before amplification instead of just reducing the amplitude 10 times less. Even from quality perspective it makes sense not to process the audio and give user a choice of using his own audio equipment.
The way JAMMA works, this would be a modification to each game PCB. The JAMMA connector is designed as a breakout for cabs, and only provides amplified audio suitable for directly driving speakers in them. The only way to get pre-amp levels would be to tap the game PCB before it made it to the amp, which obviously isn't really a workable solution.
Oh ok, thanks for the clarification, yeah not handy at all.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

Voultar wrote:It could be inrush current from when you power the Arcade PCB from the S.G. What kind of supply is being stuffed into these?

Did these switches pop mid-game? Or did they pop when the PCB was powered?

Does the Windy City Gaming S.G. have protection diodes or any kind of protection on there? The same question can be asked for the GSCART switch, too.

The best thing to do would be to put that Super Gun on an oscilloscope and measure the ramp-up on power-on. I'd capture plots of each rail, both with a PCB and w/o.

^ It could be violating the maximum power specifications of whatever SuperG is stuffing those switches with.
You tell me. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that you don't know and voultar does?

side note: Windy City Gaming got some 'splainin to do!
cdamm

Post by cdamm »

Here's the issue to me. And forgive for being brief but i'm getting ready to catch a flight for a convention shortly and will be traveling again next week for a wedding. I'm stretched pretty thin right this exact second.

I have customers that use other automatic switches with the attenuation switch set to both settings. None of them have had any issues. This is literally the only item that has had any issues with compatibility. I have since ordered a bandridge automatic scart switch so I can confirm that it does not exhibit this problem. We're doing our due diligence here. We're not just laying blame on the other guy. The audio att switch isn't some fail safe device. The reason it isn't 'always on' is because some old boards tend to have diminished audio due to old caps or some other fault in a board. This can lead to completely diminished or no audio. I've run it at full on with multiple other devices. Nothing is getting hurt. If every single other device works on the standard that is laid out for the rest of the world except the gscart, then i think we found the problem.

My problem is that superg is really shirking responsibility. He has been less than honest about contacting me which I have addressed earlier in this thread and for this to hit me now after it has been simmering for months is just unfair. I have reached out to superg who made it clear he doesn't want me to see his item. On top of all of this I still have yet to have any sort of real personal back and forth with any customer who claimed to have an issue with this even though I have reached out to people that supposedly had the issue.

My item is most likely not the culprit here. More than anything I really wish someone would have informed me when the issue initially occurred so it could have been addressed with much more speed.
tusecsy

Post by tusecsy »

cdamm wrote:Here's the issue to me. And forgive for being brief but i'm getting ready to catch a flight for a convention shortly and will be traveling again next week for a wedding. I'm stretched pretty thin right this exact second.

I have customers that use other automatic switches with the attenuation switch set to both settings. None of them have had any issues. This is literally the only item that has had any issues with compatibility. I have since ordered a bandridge automatic scart switch so I can confirm that it does not exhibit this problem. We're doing our due diligence here. We're not just laying blame on the other guy. The audio att switch isn't some fail safe device. The reason it isn't 'always on' is because some old boards tend to have diminished audio due to old caps or some other fault in a board. This can lead to completely diminished or no audio. I've run it at full on with multiple other devices. Nothing is getting hurt. If every single other device works on the standard that is laid out for the rest of the world except the gscart, then i think we found the problem.

My problem is that superg is really shirking responsibility. He has been less than honest about contacting me which I have addressed earlier in this thread and for this to hit me now after it has been simmering for months is just unfair. I have reached out to superg who made it clear he doesn't want me to see his item. On top of all of this I still have yet to have any sort of real personal back and forth with any customer who claimed to have an issue with this even though I have reached out to people that supposedly had the issue.

My item is most likely not the culprit here. More than anything I really wish someone would have informed me when the issue initially occurred so it could have been addressed with much more speed.
Yes, and the same exact thing can be said about the gscartsw...and other superguns don't have the same problem as yours. That is not a reasonable explanation, sorry.
superg

Post by superg »

cdamm wrote: My problem is that superg is really shirking responsibility. He has been less than honest about contacting me which I have addressed earlier in this thread and for this to hit me now after it has been simmering for months is just unfair.
Excuse me??
Less than honest? Sending you two direct emails and resending another one when you've requested the copy and your reply "well the email seems to work now. i thought there would be details in this thing.". What months are you talking about, I figured out that Windy Gaming is involved a week ago, I've sent the first email the same day and follow up two days later to your gmail.
cdamm wrote: I have reached out to superg who made it clear he doesn't want me to see his item. On top of all of this I still have yet to have any sort of real personal back and forth with any customer who claimed to have an issue with this even though I have reached out to people that supposedly had the issue.
Are you sure you're not having an email problem?
Here's the email conversation:
You will have to provide some input to the switch to see the output, not sure how that will help you but I can send you one of my own units then.
Give me the address where to ship.

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Chris @ WIndy Gaming <windygamingchicago@gmail.com> wrote:
If it dies I would pay for the thing, but I wouldn't be plugging them into each other. I want to meter it side by side with my outputs. I have a pretty good idea as to whats going on, but i cant come up with a solution until I can actually see it for myself.

------ Original Message ------
To: "Windy Gaming" <windygamingchicago@gmail.com>
Sent: 10/19/2017 9:53:06 AM
Subject: Re: Re[2]: gscartsw and supergun

Why would you want a switch, how that will help? If you will connect supergun - it will die. I don't think it will be useful to debug.
My speculation is that RGBS from your supergun conversion is far above the SCART specs which are 0.7vrms 75OHm terminated. Yesterday I've got the unit for repair where multiplexer literally exploded.
In your place I would start with measuring all RGBS levels with oscilloscope and check if everything is 75OHm terminated. If the sync is TTL a proper resistance has to be calculated as well to bring it down to what's standard.

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Windy Gaming <windygamingchicago@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you able to send me a switch by chance? I'll return it and pay shipping both ways.

-c.

To: XXX
Sent: 10/19/2017 8:51:18 AM
Subject: Re: gscartsw and supergun

well the email seems to work now. i thought there would be details in this thing.

To: windygamingchicago@gmail.com
Sent: 10/19/2017 8:50:08 AM
Subject: gscartsw and supergun

[my original email]
Hello,

You might want to check the topic viewtopic.php?t=50851
Long story short, it looks like your supergun modification kills gscartsw. More details in shmups topic.
You stopped responding by email after I offered you to send one of my own switches.
cdamm

Post by cdamm »

superg wrote:
cdamm wrote: My problem is that superg is really shirking responsibility. He has been less than honest about contacting me which I have addressed earlier in this thread and for this to hit me now after it has been simmering for months is just unfair.
Excuse me??
Less than honest? Sending you two direct emails and resending another one when you've requested the copy and your reply "well the email seems to work now. i thought there would be details in this thing.". What months are you talking about, I figured out that Windy Gaming is involved a week ago, I've sent the first email the same day and follow up two days later to your gmail.
cdamm wrote: I have reached out to superg who made it clear he doesn't want me to see his item. On top of all of this I still have yet to have any sort of real personal back and forth with any customer who claimed to have an issue with this even though I have reached out to people that supposedly had the issue.
Are you sure you're not having an email problem?
Here's the email conversation:
You will have to provide some input to the switch to see the output, not sure how that will help you but I can send you one of my own units then.

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Chris @ WIndy Gaming <windygamingchicago@gmail.com> wrote:
If it dies I would pay for the thing, but I wouldn't be plugging them into each other. I want to meter it side by side with my outputs. I have a pretty good idea as to whats going on, but i cant come up with a solution until I can actually see it for myself.

To: "Windy Gaming" <windygamingchicago@gmail.com>
Sent: 10/19/2017 9:53:06 AM
Subject: Re: Re[2]: gscartsw and supergun

Why would you want a switch, how that will help? If you will connect supergun - it will die. I don't think it will be useful to debug.
My speculation is that RGBS from your supergun conversion is far above the SCART specs which are 0.7vrms 75OHm terminated. Yesterday I've got the unit for repair where multiplexer literally exploded.
In your place I would start with measuring all RGBS levels with oscilloscope and check if everything is 75OHm terminated. If the sync is TTL a proper resistance has to be calculated as well to bring it down to what's standard.

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Windy Gaming <windygamingchicago@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you able to send me a switch by chance? I'll return it and pay shipping both ways.

-c.

To: XXX
Sent: 10/19/2017 8:51:18 AM
Subject: Re: gscartsw and supergun

well the email seems to work now. i thought there would be details in this thing.

To: windygamingchicago@gmail.com
Sent: 10/19/2017 8:50:08 AM
Subject: gscartsw and supergun

[my original email]
Hello,

You might want to check the topic viewtopic.php?t=50851
Long story short, it looks like your supergun modification kills gscartsw. More details in shmups topic.
You stopped responding by email after I offered you to send one of my own switches.

I'll be brief. Im on my way to an airport. I'll drop screen caps when i land and am using my phone here.

You said in july you emailed me. You just made up an email address and put it in. Then this week you said this: \
superg wrote:Regarding Windy City situation, I've sent couple of mails last week and still no response.
Thats fiction. The email you did send was sent on monday as a forward from the initial bad email you sent me. you did not send anything a couple of times last week. Thats just lying. So maybe 'less than honest' was me being generous. I'm straight calling you a liar now. Now if you know how email works, you cant forward an undelivered mail. Once we found out about the email situation, Yes we emailed twice.

That last one you put up?
you know the only one in that chain that doesnt have any email info on it (time stamp and whatnot)? yeah. you never sent that. you just added that to the chain for the sake of your response post. You never replied to my last email. I'm sure you'll have time to "type up" a time signature since you arent using screen caps though.

Like i said. I'll drop screen caps when i get home. rather than a mass copypasta . You need to learn how email works dude. Honestly I'm have a hard time running an honest business while being dragged through the mud by a straight up liar.