shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:49 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: N8 EverDrive Vs. NESRGB (glitches) *now with video*
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:29 am 

I'm glad this thread has pointed people in the right direction.

What a tricky little bitch of a problem. Jason really came thru, on that one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:54 am 

This happens to me with the ED8 on my NESRGB-modded original Famicom. Usually power cycling one or two times fixes it, but it is annoying. Does anyone know where the transistor that causes the problem is on a 07 motherboard Famicom?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:45 am 

This only happens if using the original NES composite video feed for sync right? The one that shows a crappy bw image when nesrgb is on? No wonder.
Really you should be using the nesrgb composite out and if you need the original wire in switches.

If you must have the original composite video then..

Put a switch between nesrgb composite out and original composite out, switch to original and turn palette selection switch off.

Original composite video is broken the second nesrgb is turned on. (Palette selected)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:11 am 

Syntax wrote:
This only happens if using the original NES composite video feed for sync right? The one that shows a crappy bw image when nesrgb is on? No wonder.
Really you should be using the nesrgb composite out and if you need the original wire in switches.

If you must have the original composite video then..

Put a switch between nesrgb composite out and original composite out, switch to original and turn palette selection switch off.

Original composite video is broken the second nesrgb is turned on. (Palette selected)

Not quite... In my case the original composite trace on my AV Fami was already cut and not used and I am using CSYNC directly off of the NESRGB board, like I said the issue wasn't anywhere near as bad but was still occurring intermittently so according to what I have read I believe this to just be an interference type thing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:47 am 

Hey guys, just wanted to say I had this issue as well on my AV Famicom with real carts 100% of the time. Removed Q1 and problem solved. Big thanks to Flex for linking me to this thread :D

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6