Definative RGB Monitor for Shmups

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SAM

Definative RGB Monitor for Shmups

Post by SAM »

I was temped to hunt down an old Commodore 1084 monitor or some other RGB monitors which support 15kHz. But the shipping to my tiny island is too costly.

When I looking for PCBs for my newly built supergun, I run across the parts section at Cosmic Amusement and found...

http://home.netvigator.com/~cosmicco/partslist.htm

CHASSIS 29'' 666 15 / 24 / 31Khz NORMAL / HIGH / S. HIGH RESOLUTION NEW ASTRO CITY (US$180)

CHASSIS 25'' ~ 29'' 988 15Khz NORMAL RESOLUTION (US$55) :shock:

CHASSIS 21'' 15Khz 688 NORMAL RESOLUTION (US$35) :shock: :shock:

A NEW 29" (model 988) Low Res RGB monitor cost only $55 ?! :shock: :shock: :D

I phone and ask and the lady there said they all got a working voltage of 110V, and the 29" model 666 for New Astro City only weight 2kg. I ordered one immidately.

Just cannot wait to see this baby in Tate.

Well, yes these monitors does not got a case, but you don't need the monitor's case to play shmups, you needs it to accept 15kHz RGB. If you does not have the space a 29", you can just order a 21".
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
Neon

Post by Neon »

wouldn't that be just the chassis? That sounds too good to be true...
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Yep, I'm afraid its just going to be the monitor PCB w/neckboard. You'll still need a 666 compatible tube+yolk and frame.

PM me if you want to sell it. :D
footix

Post by footix »

it's definately a chassis and not a monitor (chassis+tube)
i'd like to know if these chassis are suitable for replacing old monitors chassis, i have a 25" videocolor monitor lying around...
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

footix wrote:it's definately a chassis and not a monitor (chassis+tube)
i'd like to know if these chassis are suitable for replacing old monitors chassis, i have a 25" videocolor monitor lying around...
The low res 25" PCB might work, but defaintely not the multi-res one as you need a multi-res compatible yolk on the tube to support the higher frequencies.
SAM

Post by SAM »

Dave_K. wrote:Yep, I'm afraid its just going to be the monitor PCB w/neckboard. You'll still need a 666 compatible tube+yolk and frame.

PM me if you want to sell it. :D
You are right. That does not inculed the tube+yolk.

So I bought only the power supply and the 28 pins connector w/ wire today and cancel my order on the model 666 chassis.

I then order a 20" to 21" 15kHz chassis, I would see if I can turn a normal 21" TV into a low res RGB monitor.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*